Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2011, 11:23 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,575,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Perhaps you're right but there's an old saying. If you're gonna dish it you better be able to take it.
EXACTLY... I come from a very loving caring family...and let me tell you good humor and making fun of others is all done with much love- and usually it's because yes that other person had recently dished...

Old 02-19-2011, 03:02 AM

Default WAKE up Las Vegas!

WAKE up Las Vegas! It's raining it's pouring the old man is snoring, he went to bed with a bump on his head and couldn't get up till morning... !!!

(It's really pouring out there too!)

Old 02-19-2011, 03:42 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,198,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Would it hurt not to belittle Elko for his beliefs?
No can do. The powers that be have declared that once he decided to insult every single person in here, he became a subject of ridicule for life. It's out of our hands. The powers that be have spoken.

Old 02-19-2011, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
No can do. The powers that be have declared that once he decided to insult every single person in here, he became a subject of ridicule for life. It's out of our hands. The powers that be have spoken.
*whispers* PinkString is the "P" in PTB!

Old 02-19-2011, 04:11 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,126,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
EXACTLY... I come from a very loving caring family
I am thankful that you did come from a loving family, and it shows in your posts as you are always nice to everyone. Unfortunately, I grew up with a very abusive father who was very mean to me. I did have a very loving mother though. Regardless, I am trying to break the chains and be nice to everyone and treat them with respect. I am succeeding so far. I still drink, but I have cut out the hard liquor which I noticed tended to bring out the meanness in me. Life is to short to be bitter so I hopefully I can change for the better.

Old 02-19-2011, 04:16 AM

I had a terrible Dad too. One of the worst on earth. The hard liquor brought out the monster in him too.
My Mom wasn't really super loving or anything, but she did the best she could being human. I don't hold anything against her now that i am all grown up and can see it from different eyes.

Old 02-19-2011, 04:29 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,126,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I had a terrible Dad too. One of the worst on earth. The hard liquor brought out the monster in him too.
My Mom wasn't really super loving or anything, but she did the best she could being human. I don't hold anything against her now that i am all grown up and can see it from different eyes.
My mom was my best friend and I miss her terribly. She was always there for me as was her side of the family. That is one thing I can be thankful for. I never could have had a better mother as she was the best. It just tears me up that she died at only 52 years old of cervical cancer. It is just unreal as I have dreams at night and she is still alive. Believe it or not, I noticed a change in me after she died. I believe she lives on in me to some extent.

Old 02-19-2011, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
My mom was my best friend and I miss her terribly. She was always there for me as was her side of the family. That is one thing I can be thankful for. I never could have had a better mother as she was the best. It just tears me up that she died at only 52 years old of cervical cancer. It is just unreal as I have dreams at night and she is still alive. Believe it or not, I noticed a change in me after she died. I believe she lives on in me to some extent.
It always hurts the most when you lose someone you really love. You will see her again someday and you still get to see her in your dreams. Instead of feeling bad about it, look forward to the dreams because that is how she visits you. She knows you miss her and she comes to comfort you the only way she can now.

Old 02-19-2011, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
*whispers* PinkString is the "P" in PTB!
Actually, no, it's the T in PTB, also known as a tasmanian devil. It's not me, I am innocent.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:49 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,401,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I have to say that I am annoyed that Jehovah's Witness church members ring my doorbell but I respect their beliefs. I would hope that they respect my right not to be "witnessed". I don't answer the door and I don't engage but I don't bash their beliefs.
The equivalent to not answering the door here...is to use the ignore feature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas