Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2011, 09:14 AM

11,142 posts, read 15,913,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGBULLY View Post
Walmart now has those clinics too. I took my daughter to one last week. You see an actually doctor, unlike the CVS Clinic, where you see a nurse practitioner. The charge was $65.00 with no insurance.
That's pretty good. I pay $435/month for Blue Cross and I still have to pay $20 or $30 to see a doctor.

Pink: Taking Tylenol will do nothing to reduce the inflammation in your knee. You need to take an NSAID.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:35 AM

1,365 posts, read 4,457,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
That's pretty good. I pay $435/month for Blue Cross and I still have to pay $20 or $30 to see a doctor.

Pink: Taking Tylenol will do nothing to reduce the inflammation in your knee. You need to take an NSAID.

Yep, I like it since we do not have insurance. They do not handle major things, but all the little things they do. It was quick and easy too. Then I only had to pay $10.00 for the prescription.

So much better then Quick Care places. Where you have to wait forever and be charged an arm and a leg.

They do take patients with insurance also.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:46 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,550,432 times
Quote:
Yep, I like it since we do not have insurance. They do not handle major things, but all the little things they do. It was quick and easy too. Then I only had to pay $10.00 for the prescription.

So much better then Quick Care places. Where you have to wait forever and be charged an arm and a leg.

They do take patients with insurance also.
Which walmart's offer this?

Old 03-01-2011, 12:52 PM

I'm not really sure. I live in North Las Vegas. The one on Craig Rd, has had it for a couple of months, and then I saw that it also stated that the one on Decatur & 215 has one. When I looked it up on their website it only stated two in the valley.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:39 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,875,358 times
the one at 215 and n decatur has an excellent one.. i used it a couple months ago since i was in between insurances...

Old 03-01-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
the one at 215 and n decatur has an excellent one.. i used it a couple months ago since i was in between insurances...
They are cheaper then Walgreens and CVS. I was really impressed with the Doctor. We were in and out in less then 20 mins.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:59 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,198,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post

This is why I am not in the medical field. I'd be handing out tylenol all over the place.
I finally had some ibuprofen delivered and took some. I feel much better, although the pain is not totally gone, it's better than it was.

If it weren't for the great minds in here helping me, I don't know what I would do. Thanks everyone.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:53 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,376,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
This is why I am not in the medical field. I'd be handing out tylenol all over the place.
I finally had some ibuprofen delivered and took some. I feel much better, although the pain is not totally gone, it's better than it was.

If it weren't for the great minds in here helping me, I don't know what I would do. Thanks everyone.
Be careful not to overuse the ibuprofen as NSAIDS can cause loss of kidney function.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:57 PM

23,072 posts, read 28,795,075 times
Quote:
It's seriously out of joint again. This has happened many times before. I injured it quite bad as a child and all through growing up I had serious problems with it. Now as I am older, it's terrible when it happens. It feels like it's fused together in there crooked. When looking at both legs in the mirror, the left is slanted to the left, when it's normally in line with the right.
Always bear in mind, Pink, if it gets worse and worse, you give up hope on your knee, I do amputations for free. Others on this thread also do amputations, but they'll probably charge you an arm and a leg! I do mine for free and I'll even come to your home to do it!

Seriously, do you have an electric massager of any kind? I have three, including a body-shaking Thumper, and my own TNS unit. You might want to try that!

When I was in China I received a number of Chinese massage while there, and all that gentle slapping and pounding of the body I understand better now. Sometimes when I get some pain in my shoulder, I just pound it out. A good way to snap the toxins from the body.

Unfortunately, as you well know, time is the greatest healer of all.

Last edited by tijlover; 03-01-2011 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 03-01-2011, 11:46 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,640,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Hmmm...looks fishy to me, and I'm pretty sure that I saw a UFO once back in California. Very unusual.

aqualung-please describe what the UFO looked like that you're pretty sure you saw. While driving with my wife and son and a friend way back in 1983 on the Olympic Peninsula of western Washington state I saw something fall from a silo bin. It was green and metallic. I remember it very clearly to this day... but still don't know it's shape distinctly in my mind. My wife and son didn't see it-it wasn't something they would be working on there, that was a saw mill for wood-this was metallic and green in color.

It would have been way more frustrating if no one else in the car had seen it, but our friend piped up "What was that?!!"

"I dunno", I remember saying back to him. "Did anyone else see it?" I wanted to know. I still remember trying to figure out what that might have been. It was not in the shape of a craft...it shone brightly in the sun...fell up and out of a silo bin, and dropped quickly to the ground. Doesn't make any sense. But our friend saw it too.

This one over Jerusalem is cool in that it hovers of the Temple Rock there in Jerusalem for a while, then it's like it takes a picture of the area, then shoots up very, very quickly.

I miss listening to Art Bell on his 'Coast to Coast' show down there in Pahrump by you guys. Hosted now by George Noory, who does a good job, but it's not the same show without Art Bell. I wish he would come back. The most amusing UFO story in history is still the famous Roswell, NM, incident of July 4, 1947. Earlier that year airline pilots saw several disc-shaped objects flying around Mount Rainier in Washington state, and they hadn't seen anything like that before. Collaborated by more than one pilot, good, sound, stable airline pilots, too.

The Roswell, NM, incident occurred only three months later and the rest, as they say, is purely history.
This happened back when I lived in California. It had been raining that day, and I was on my way to work in St. Helena. I looked of at the broken clouds, and saw what looked like a black zeppelin turning and thrusting out of the clouds. Very strange to say the least. I miss Art as well. Is he back over the hump, or is he still in the Philippines?

Quote:
I saw just a part of the Sheep Range mountains from my window and saw a lot of snow earlier today. Should be gone by tomorrow.
I somehow knocked my left knee out of joint so i have been homebound since thursday with way too much pain and swelling. It's time's like this that I really wish we had insurance of some sort to see a doctor.
Walking is not an option. I feel like Frankenstein, learning how to walk. But I think he did a better job.
I've seen snow over the Sheep Range a number of times. What I find really strange was seeing a little snow on top of the Sleeping Princess to the east. Needless to say, it didn't last that long. I know what you mean when it comes to having pain when walking. I've got pronated knees, but I don't let it stop me. I actually managed to walk a total of ten miles yesterday. My feet are pretty tired today, but I still had to go to UMC to get my meds. One of these years I need to get some new shoes. I just have my sneakers, but I need better looking shoes to wear with my suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
That happened to me one time! Due to an accumulation of sins, I suddenly rushed off to the nearest church to ask God for forgiveness.
Not noticing, and being in such a rush, my knees went crashing to the marble floor near the altar where I prayed for an hour or two:

"Please God, forgive me! I've made some rude, nasty comments about people on City-Data.com and I promise I'll never, ever do that again, if only you'll forgive me! And as for my other multitude of sins........."

Well, after kneeling there, with my hands folded, for an hour or two, when I went to finally got up, and using the altar rail for assistance, I could hardly walk!

Next time, I'll bring a sponge-rubber kneeling pad with me!
Hmmm...you sound like a fellow Catholic to me.

Quote:
I know about the clinics, and if I am not better by tomorrow, I think I will call and find out. I am trying to sleep as much as possible, taking tylenol and using the menthol patches.
My problem is falling asleep. I sometimes have to take some Ibuprofen. I hope that they'll be able to help you.

Quote:
Walmart now has those clinics too. I took my daughter to one last week. You see an actual doctor, unlike the CVS Clinic, where you see a nurse practitioner. The charge was $65.00 with no insurance.
It's not for everyone, but Clark County Social Services was able to help me with my problems. I'd rather have a job and get insurance as part of my wages, but that's not an option right now. The just changed me to having the dressing changed three times a week from everyday. I'll start hunting for a job when they get me back to what passes for normal. My main concern is getting my resume back together. I don't have a printer handy these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas