Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2011, 04:46 AM

208 posts, read 350,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
He may very well go with, who knows!

But I just discovered mhvillage.com, call up any city, it will give you the lowest price mobile home in any city in the country, lot rent, map, nearby attractions, etc.

Some surprises in there! Curiously, I called up San Diego, what's the cheapest mobile home for sale there? I've always assumed the lot rent down here will kill you, even if you buy a mobile for $5k. Not so! Found 3 55+ mobile home parks with a lot rent at around $500, but they're co-ops, the board needs to approve you before you buy. No sweat there!

Sheesh! You can pay $400-$600 lot rent right here in Las Vegas! Or Phoenix or Tucson!

Spotted an older 60's mobile home with lots of photo's, only one large bedroom, in San Diego, for $13k. Step up a bit in cost for a 2 bedroom!

So! Now San Diego is in the running! I hate San Diego! Boring! Boring! But, I'd be cantina-hopping weekends, getting some cheap medical care across the border in Tijuana! Spend some time in Rosarito/Ensenada!

All depends on what I get for my paid-off house here in Las Vegas!
That doesnt sound too bad! Newer trailer parks arent anything like they were 30 yrs ago either. I know a retired guy who sold his house, spends 6 months in florida and 6 months up here for about what his property taxes used to cost him in ny. These places are nice...well landscaped, pools, health clubs etc...they're not for everyone, but not a bad option either. Just stay out of places like this one
YouTube - ‪ricky and trinity‬‏

Old 07-13-2011, 10:23 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
You and Pinkstring were most likely born in a rainy climate. I think Connecticut for you if I remember right. I was born in the desert which makes me a lizard. I will never like the rain, although I do not hate it as much as I used to. As much as I love the desert, I do not want to go to the terrible places you posted. If I did leave, I would like to move to Australia. That is about it.
LVD I was only joking with that post, I hope you didnt take it to heart

Australia is beautiful, I meet Australian tourists all the time, they tell me nothing but good things

Old 07-13-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
I DO appreciate that they've taken me back in. I'm just having fun getting used to it all again. I just miss my dogs...

Yes, Pommy, I'm working on kissing her behind. I just remember when our late mother said that her first words were her attempt to say my real_name.

Thanks, Kimba. I start out on the range tomorrow, doing pre-trip inspections. I just wish that I hadn't broken my shades!

As you know, LVD, both of our parents are gone too, and I'm the one who found our mother's body. What would I do in your situation? I'd be your sister's best man. From what I understand, she's your only family. Our mother was an only child, and I really don't know our late father's side of the family. Family is family, no matter how bad things get. Yes, I know that I complained about things, but people do that. Part of being an "old" fart, I guess.

Sigh...yes, Pink. I'm not sure where LVD is living now, but it's probably a lot further than where I am now. I have a bus pass, given to me by the school, and I'm very happy not to have to sleep on a park bench, in this weather, especially since I've got a touch of a cold/flu that I've had for the past week. My sister is letting me use her computer while she takes a nap, and I'm quite happy that she did.
LVD lives off Twain, east of the strip (Sorry LVD, I wanted Aqua to get an idea, but for your safety I wont be too specific) Aqua your trucking school is in North Las Vegas right? My father attended MTA back in 1995, it is now called RoadMasters in Orlando, FL. But FWIW I'm glad to see things are on the up and up Aqua, take good care of yourself, this trucking thing is gonna be really good for you

I'm still enjoying life up here in the NW and I don't regret moving so far from work (sometimes though I do wish I could go to the strip and hang out, but I prefer to save gas, 40 miles round trip 5x a week is enough driving) I've begun going to the gym again and drinking my Boost protein shakes like before. I'm planning to buy this product called "Animal Stak" supposedly my co-worker said it would help build 15 lbs of muscle in 1 month. If thats true than I will pick some up

Airics if you're reasing this I understand your frustration with the Cosmo now. I was supposed to start the "Pool Host" last week and they have now put it off again and I have now once again gone from 40 hrs a week to about 24, only working weekends or at the will of the managers. I was considering filing a complaint with HR but several other coworkers have done that and they told me HR did NOTHING.

This is really discouraging because I love the Cosmo and I believe in the brand they try to sell but at the same time, the disorgranization of the place is RIDICULOUS, especially in the pool dept. Granted they have done their best to give me at least SOME hours, I need a solid 40 a week, and it seems like that just isn't gonna happen

HR will not let me transfer until I hit my 6 months either which wont be until September

I have had NO LUCK finding a 2nd job either because everything Im qualified for is retail and food and beverage type work and I cant work for them because they want FULL weekend availability, which is when I work at the Cosmo. I'm not going to quit the Cosmo to work for $8 an hr when I can do the same thing there for $14 an hr

Idk what to do, sorry for the negativity

Old 07-13-2011, 11:23 AM

699 posts, read 2,219,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I've begun going to the gym again and drinking my Boost protein shakes like before. I'm planning to buy this product called "Animal Stak" supposedly my co-worker said it would help build 15 lbs of muscle in 1 month. If thats true than I will pick some up
just a quick tip:

check out GOMAD and Stronglift 5x5. putting on muscle is directly related to protein intake and lifting. google for the link. some people really like gomad; others use the diet guidelines on the S 5x5 site.
i'm not a big fan of supplements, although creatine is well liked by lots of peeps.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:29 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Remember that epic day when someone actually responded to one of my resumes out there? Well I responded to them immediately and heard back....exactly nothing.

Oh well! Like I said, I'm glad to have just heard from someone, anyone. Back to the hunt!

Old 07-13-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe2ofus View Post
just a quick tip:

check out GOMAD and Stronglift 5x5. putting on muscle is directly related to protein intake and lifting. google for the link. some people really like gomad; others use the diet guidelines on the S 5x5 site.
i'm not a big fan of supplements, although creatine is well liked by lots of peeps.
I have heard creatine simply builds mass and not strength

Old 07-13-2011, 12:28 PM

699 posts, read 2,219,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I have heard creatine simply builds mass and not strength
that may be true. but isn't it also true that in order to build mass, one must lift weights, and therefore, creates strength? creatine + weights = strength

Old 07-13-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe2ofus View Post
that may be true. but isn't it also true that in order to build mass, one must lift weights, and therefore, creates strength? creatine + weights = strength
Good point, I was just stating what a coworker of mine who is a body builder told me.

I'm going to try animal stak, I may throw in some creatine too. I like going to the gym in my apartment complex, granted the machines dont always work and a few dumbbells are missing, but I can use it for free and it is much less superficial and image conscious than Las Vegas Athletic Club in Summerlin at Rainbow and Lake Mead

Old 07-13-2011, 03:59 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Hey Davie, I used to work for this guy back in Phoenix for a while. He taught me a lot:

Larry Reynold's Affordable Personal Training: phoenix weight loss, phoenix personal training, weight loss arizona

He has some free videos on youtube on how to work out. Basically, you need short but very intense workouts 3X a week. I personally would advise you against taking any supplements with the exception of protein (take 1 gram of protein to each pound you weigh.). It takes hard work and a proper diet, not animal stak. If you are only trying to gain, avoid cardio and only do strength training.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:00 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,495,584 times
If you have COPD or other obstructive lung diseases, go heavier on the aerobic workouts 2-3 times a week for an hour a day and you'll do yourself the most good. Get the heartrate going faster and get the sweating going and check your pulse rates before, during and after.

Young men who don't exercise lose 12% of their muscle mass per week if they're inactive and working to get it back takes at least twice as long to get it back so the key is to get exercising and stay exercising no matter what your age. Check with your doctor if you wonder about exercising under your current physical conditions. It's really important!

Aqua-good show, buddy. I keep praying for you and it looks like it's helping, I am really happy for you and your current situation. Be thankful to your sister and kiss some ample hindquarters, in this case it's really necessary. I'm listening to some Foghat 'Rock and Roll Outlaws' and 'Fool For The City' on YouTube as I type this out. Pop on some Jethro Tull if you aren't already and groove to the music, aqua, and keep doing just as you're doing. Before long you'll be self-sufficient and on your way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas