Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2011, 12:32 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,259,931 times

Advertisements

Sorry about your dad Davie.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:05 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
hey las vegas I just wanted to let you guys know that around 1 o'clock today my father passed on peacefully. he had my mother at his side and told her 'i love you' one last time

I'm glad I was able to see him 1 last time when I was in florida last week, and spend some time with him he knows I love him and I have no regrets
You will forever miss him but rest in the knowing that the peace he almost surely longed for finally came for him. Life is a circle, not a line. For life to be possible at all, death must be so and we can all choose whether to fight this with gritted teeth or we can recognize the passing of our loved ones as a bit of a tuning fork to realign us to a deep love and appreciation for everything. Nothing is ever actually out of place.

Don't hold your pain in. Staying strong doesn't mean being all macho and waiting until you explode or suffer through the rest of your life. True strength comes from having the courage to actually feel the pain, accept it and let it go. That is, if you haven't already done so. I mean this in a way of sharing what I know to be true and not as a prescription for you to live your life by.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:29 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,635,627 times
If you can start the day without caffeine or pep pills,
If you can be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,
If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,
If you can eat the same food everyday and be grateful for it,
If you can understand when loved ones are too busy to give you time,

If you can overlook when people take things out on you when,
through no fault of yours, something goes wrong,

If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,
If you can face the world without lies and deceit,
If you can conquer tension without medical help,
If you can relax without liquor,
If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,
If you can do all these things,

Then you are probably the family dog.

Last edited by macgeek; 12-08-2011 at 02:29 PM.. Reason: Lets see if this message gets deleted too!

Old 12-08-2011, 02:44 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
Davie, keep your chin up... Things will get better. Apply at Stations, actually go in to the Employee Center at Aliante and introduce yourself.. bring a resume. I was offered a cage position a few days ago but unfortunately I will be turning it down. I just received a job offer for management at the Marshal Retail Group (not the clothing store).... so things will turn... if you need someone to talk to.. i can help... been there done that.... and forget the Cosmo all together.. keep applying..

Old 12-08-2011, 02:59 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Davie, keep your chin up... Things will get better. Apply at Stations, actually go in to the Employee Center at Aliante and introduce yourself.. bring a resume. I was offered a cage position a few days ago but unfortunately I will be turning it down. I just received a job offer for management at the Marshal Retail Group (not the clothing store).... so things will turn... if you need someone to talk to.. i can help... been there done that.... and forget the Cosmo all together.. keep applying..
Thanks airics, I'll be sure to print a copy of my resume and head on over to their employee center, where in Aliante Station is it?

Old 12-08-2011, 05:53 PM

31 posts, read 49,964 times
So sorry about your dad Davie. It sounds like you have a lot of friends on this board who would be there for you. Don't ever feel ashamed to ask for someone to talk to if it is needed.
Good luck and positive thoughts to you.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:24 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times
If you can start the day without caffeine or pep pills,
If you can be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,
If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,
If you can eat the same food everyday and be grateful for it,
If you can understand when loved ones are too busy to give you time,

If you can overlook when people take things out on you when,
through no fault of yours, something goes wrong,

If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,
If you can face the world without lies and deceit,
If you can conquer tension without medical help,
If you can relax without liquor,
If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,
If you can do all these things,

Then you are probably the family dog.

macgeek-thanks for posting this. I think dogs are actually becoming more and more popular and really, more and more important as the situation of this world keeps getting bleaker and bleaker. It is true, they are expected to pick us up, even though we may not treat them all that well ourselves. They are to watch the house, keep our spirits up, make us laugh...and not bark when we don't want them to bark.

But I remember a time when hotels wouldn't let us stay there with our pets. In the 2000's that all changed and now hotels are perty much expected to let us have our pets along. They make great greeters to the sick in hospitals as well. They are, in my view, gifts bestowed upon us by God to take proper care of and cherish. Again, thanks for posting that!

Old 12-08-2011, 11:15 PM

140 posts, read 277,433 times
Very sorry to read of your father's passing, Davie. Glad for you that you got to spend time with him recently. That's very important. It's so tough losing a parent--the world seems changed. Anyway that's how it felt to me when my dad died. He was very sick--but it was still a shock. Best wishes to you and your family.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:37 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
It's been 6 years since my mom passed, 15 since my uncle passed. I'm still very lost at times.

Old 12-09-2011, 02:10 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,782,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
hey las vegas I just wanted to let you guys know that around 1 o'clock today my father passed on peacefully. he had my mother at his side and told her 'i love you' one last time

I'm glad I was able to see him 1 last time when I was in florida last week, and spend some time with him he knows I love him and I have no regrets
Sorry for your loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas