Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2012, 12:09 AM

23,212 posts, read 29,023,557 times

Advertisements

With this economy, where massage is largely a luxury, which gets cut very quickly in a strained budget, it's a real challenge to build a clientele to begin with. And some Massage Therapists would prefer not to have a clientele, enjoying the challenge/excitement of massaging new people. When the economy is booming, believe it or not, you can do better by not having a regular clientele, and benefiting more from the big tipping tourists than the stingier local trade. How many locals are going to throw you a $100 bill!!!

Back in the late 80's, early 90's when I was doing massage full-time out of my loft in Minneapolis, I was making fairly good money, until the recession hit in the early 90's, where my income was cut in half. My local clientele? Those that were coming once a month, then came by every 3 months or more, or stopped coming, period!

With this deepest of all recessions, you may find yourself calling a friend every week, to have them call you, just to make sure your phone is still working!

Old 01-21-2012, 09:18 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,010,330 times
Spent another Friday night in the Orleans Showroom. This is getting to be a regular occurrence now. Last week was Paula Poundstone and last night was Steven Wright. I've always been a big fan of his humor and last night was no exception. Although his show was shorter than Paula's (90 minutes vs 2 hrs) it was no less funny.

Although I'm skipping next week's headliner, I've already bought my ticket to see Dana Carvey the following week, Feb. 3rd. And since my wife will be on a Caribbean cruise that week, I was able to get a front row seat since I only needed to purchase a single.

I don't like gambling/hanging out at Orleans, but I do like it as an entertainment venue (arena, showroom & movies). Especially since the prices are low and its only about 3miles/5min away.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:58 AM

1,616 posts, read 2,489,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Spent another Friday night in the Orleans Showroom. This is getting to be a regular occurrence now. Last week was Paula Poundstone and last night was Steven Wright. I've always been a big fan of his humor and last night was no exception. Although his show was shorter than Paula's (90 minutes vs 2 hrs) it was no less funny.

Although I'm skipping next week's headliner, I've already bought my ticket to see Dana Carvey the following week, Feb. 3rd. And since my wife will be on a Caribbean cruise that week, I was able to get a front row seat since I only needed to purchase a single.

I don't like gambling/hanging out at Orleans, but I do like it as an entertainment venue (arena, showroom & movies). Especially since the prices are low and its only about 3miles/5min away.
Please don't mind the sound of my crying as I miss all these great opportunities.

Also, ENJOY!!

Old 01-22-2012, 12:09 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,773 times
Thought I saw just about everything here until the other day when I saw an old white guy with a metal baseball bat on a street corner about to get into it with a black lady screaming at him and her boyfriend (it appeared) about to jump him in broad daylight.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:21 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,022,670 times
Default Back on the Market!

Well, after 2 plus years I am once more unemployed. Laid off to be precise.

When my H died unexpectedly out of state, it took me 2 weeks off to resolve his affairs. Their policy gave me three days. I guess they did me a favor laying me off when they could have fired me. And I am eligible for rehire but honestly, I loved working in the store but the call center was pretty awful. I changed jobs within the company because the commute out to the store in Primm was eating up a lot of wages, low wages, and time. Plus, I was going to have to buy a newer car if I kept on working out there. My poor Millie has 220K miles on her now and she won't last forever!

In the meanwhile, I am still writing for money and I'm starting to look for a new job today. Let me know if you hear of anything. Especially anything decent!

Thanks everyone!

Old 01-23-2012, 09:26 AM

131 posts, read 209,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Well, after 2 plus years I am once more unemployed. Laid off to be precise.

When my H died unexpectedly out of state, it took me 2 weeks off to resolve his affairs. Their policy gave me three days. I guess they did me a favor laying me off when they could have fired me. And I am eligible for rehire but honestly, I loved working in the store but the call center was pretty awful. I changed jobs within the company because the commute out to the store in Primm was eating up a lot of wages, low wages, and time. Plus, I was going to have to buy a newer car if I kept on working out there. My poor Millie has 220K miles on her now and she won't last forever!

In the meanwhile, I am still writing for money and I'm starting to look for a new job today. Let me know if you hear of anything. Especially anything decent!

Thanks everyone!
Sorry to hear that, Yellow, but you sound pretty upbeat about everything, despite what's happened lately! You probably already know about this, but I have been scouring indeed.com for jobs, as well as a few others--PM me if you'd like the links. I truly hope you find something soon that makes you happy!

Old 01-23-2012, 12:44 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,489,289 times
They came out with the list of rudest cities. No surprise who is at the top. Glad to see Las Vegas did not top this one:

Here’s the full list:
    1. New York City
    2. Miami
    3. Washington, D.C.
    4. Los Angeles
    5. Boston
    6. Dallas/ Forth Worth
    7. Atlanta
    8. Phoenix/Scottsdale
    9. Baltimore
    10. Orlando, Fl
    11. Philadelphia
    12. Las Vegas
    13. Anchorage
    14. Chicago
    15. San Francisco
    16. Houston
    17. Seattle
    18. Providence, RI
    19. San Diego
    20. Salt Lake City

Old 01-23-2012, 01:26 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,101,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic59 View Post
They came out with the list of rudest cities. No surprise who is at the top. Glad to see Las Vegas did not top this one:

Here’s the full list:
    1. New York City
and YET....I LOVE GNU YAWK......

Old 01-23-2012, 01:50 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,488,891 times
Saw a nice documentary about NYC over the weekend...

"HOME"

Old 01-23-2012, 05:45 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,153,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic59 View Post

Here’s the full list:
    1. New York City
    2. Miami
    3. Washington, D.C.
    4. Los Angeles
    5. Boston
    6. Dallas/ Forth Worth
    7. Atlanta
    8. Phoenix/Scottsdale
    9. Baltimore
    10. Orlando, Fl
    11. Philadelphia
    12. Las Vegas
    13. Anchorage
    14. Chicago
    15. San Francisco
    16. Houston
    17. Seattle
    18. Providence, RI
    19. San Diego
    20. Salt Lake City
How in the world did Salt Lake City make the list? People in SLC are not rude at all. Anywhere in Utah for that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas