Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2012, 06:15 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times

Advertisements

You're right jfpinlv, in a massive healthcare system like the NHS, you will always find some
things that can be improved. It is one of the biggest employers in the world, and deals
with millions of patients a year. Since my first adult use of the NHS when my first son was
born in 1977, I have been in hospitals many times for various reasons, for my operations,
and visiting sick, and sometimes dying relatives. The buildings are modern, top class staff
and equipment, and wonderful care. But, I have an open mind about these things, if there
is a better and cheaper way of providing good health care for all the people who need it,
then I say great, show me.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:11 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I went and had my hair cut today finally after a year. (had a coupon for $6.) The lady doing my hair said her Dad's birthday is tomorrow. He also hears the jokes.
My mother in law died 14 years ago today. She was only 47 and was an amazing, beautiful woman. Seriously, the world lost a gem that day.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:27 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
lol, mine too. Good to know that I am not the only one who hears that joke.
Quote:
I went and had my hair cut today finally after a year. (had a coupon for $6.) The lady doing my hair said her Dad's birthday is tomorrow. He also hears the jokes.
Small world. Add me to the list.

I started my "celebration" early last night while I was playing poker at Wynn. I headed over there last night around 9pm cause I was bored just sitting home alone. (My wife is out of town for a couple of weeks.) After three hours of playing, I was down about $450, but midnight (and my birthday) hit and my fortunes began to change. By 3am, not only had I clawed my way back out of that deficit, but I ended up winning an additional $124. Not a big score by any stretch of the imagination, but it still felt good turning a loss into a win. Especially, since it was the beginning of my b'day.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:05 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,470,355 times
Well, Happy Birthday to everyone celebrating their special day!

Old 02-02-2012, 01:16 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,835,450 times
Happy Birthday MMOB.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:41 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post

I started my "celebration" early last night while I was playing poker at Wynn. I headed over there last night around 9pm cause I was bored just sitting home alone. (My wife is out of town for a couple of weeks.) After three hours of playing, I was down about $450, but midnight (and my birthday) hit and my fortunes began to change. By 3am, not only had I clawed my way back out of that deficit, but I ended up winning an additional $124. Not a big score by any stretch of the imagination, but it still felt good turning a loss into a win. Especially, since it was the beginning of my b'day.
Happy Birthday MMOB! Anytime you walk away with money is a good win.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:12 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post

Happy Birthday! Did you see your shadow? Glad you won! We went out for my husbands Bday and we lost. So thanks for winning the money back we lost. At least it went to a good cause.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:13 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
My mother in law died 14 years ago today. She was only 47 and was an amazing, beautiful woman. Seriously, the world lost a gem that day.
Awww, I'm so sorry.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:59 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
I was reading about the guy who was shot by the police downtown, who brandished a knife at the police, who they were arresting for jaywalking, early hours of the morning, I believe.

I've been a jay-walker from day one, have jay-walked in every city I've traveled in the world, and I'm dumbfounded that the police have so much time on their hand, to arrest a jaywalker. The only times I should have avoided jaywalking was in Australia and England, where you can get confused, and look to the right, rather than the left, to cross the street.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Tonite, walking the ferret on the Strip, I saw a half-dozen tourists, scooting across the Boulevard, from the Wynn to the Fashion Mall to TI, because it's shorter than going up and down the bridges, and all that additional walking. Can hardly blame them!

Last edited by tijlover; 02-03-2012 at 06:01 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 02-03-2012, 08:00 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Well, Happy Birthday to everyone celebrating their special day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
Happy Birthday MMOB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Happy Birthday MMOB! Anytime you walk away with money is a good win.
Quote:
Happy Birthday! Did you see your shadow? Glad you won! We went out for my husbands Bday and we lost. So thanks for winning the money back we lost. At least it went to a good cause.
Thanks, guys. I played for four hours last night at Red Rock and ended up losing $38. Oh well, can't win them all. Still had fun though.

Taking a break from poker tonight to head over to Orleans to see Dana Carvey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas