Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 01:52 AM

23,065 posts, read 28,778,528 times

Advertisements

If you're low-income today, and in no financial position to take advantage of a city's attractions/distractions, then every city becomes Arbitrary-Ville!

It's take a certain income to find this city exciting!

I'm planning on moving to a boring, 14 or 16-hour city, where I can do a lot of sleeping. Get a little bored, go to a local theatre production, a baseball game at the nearest park, and if I really want to get my heart a-racing, I'll stop by some senior center for a bingo game or some canasta!

Old 03-22-2012, 02:24 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,191,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I'm outta here. Me and my piece of crap car are heading back to Phoenix this Friday, and that is if it makes it. I still love my longtime Phoenix girlfriend, and I cannot deny how much I miss her, especially considering how cruel and nasty the females here have been to me. I have been unemployed now for over 4 months, so what the hell, it is time for a change. Las Vegas will be in my rear view mirror in less than 2 days from now. I know I have alluded to doing this before, but now I am finally doing it. All arrangements are set. The only bad thing is my apartment is now going to destroy my credit for breaking the lease. Who cares anymore, Las Vegas was destroying my life which is worse. I know this decision was made on a whim, but knowing the way I am this is the way it had to be.
You really need to make up your mind. First you want to leave Lv, then you want to stay, then leave, then stay, etc. You say LV will always be your home, now you hate it again. The city did not do anything to you, so do not play the "blame Las Vegas" game. You will end up blaming every single place you live until you change your thinking.

You should check out Dr. Wayne Dyer and read some of his motivational messages. You can find him on Facebook. Whatever you tell yourself, if you believe you can't make it somewhere, and keep telling yourself that over and over into infinity, then it becomes real. Thoughts are powerful things. They can make you or break you. Good luck back in Phoenix. You will need it. And anywhere you go from there.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:46 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,510,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
You really need to make up your mind. First you want to leave Lv, then you want to stay, then leave, then stay, etc. You say LV will always be your home, now you hate it again. The city did not do anything to you, so do not play the "blame Las Vegas" game. You will end up blaming every single place you live until you change your thinking.

You should check out Dr. Wayne Dyer and read some of his motivational messages. You can find him on Facebook. Whatever you tell yourself, if you believe you can't make it somewhere, and keep telling yourself that over and over into infinity, then it becomes real. Thoughts are powerful things. They can make you or break you. Good luck back in Phoenix. You will need it. And anywhere you go from there.
Could not have said it better myself

I certainly hope its because your circumstances dictated your decision, you strike me as the last person who'd leave LV LVD

Dont blame Las Vegas. I didnt when I lost my job. I didnt blame Las Vegas for all my problems when I had to leave, I didnt blame Las Vegas for my ex abandoning me in my apartment in Centennial Hills with nothing but a pillow, blanket, and a bottle of pepsi, and sticking me with a $4800 remainder of my lease

If you have to leave Las Vegas, thats all well and good. But dont blame the cty for your troubles you had there.

Best of luck to you LVD

And when I got back to Orlando, I appreciated LV a lot more than when I lived there, you will too once you return to Phoenix

Old 03-22-2012, 08:54 AM

9,478 posts, read 12,215,835 times
Quote:

Sing it, sister! I totally agree. Thoughts are powerful and your state of mind will dictate your life ahead.

I was thinking that if I end up moving to Vegas I will most likely drink LESS than I do now, I won't need to! I will have too much to do and will be having too much fun to need to drink.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:47 AM

990 posts, read 1,645,825 times
Quote:
I'm outta here. Me and my piece of crap car are heading back to Phoenix this Friday, and that is if it makes it. I still love my longtime Phoenix girlfriend, and I cannot deny how much I miss her, especially considering how cruel and nasty the females here have been to me. I have been unemployed now for over 4 months, so what the hell, it is time for a change. Las Vegas will be in my rear view mirror in less than 2 days from now. I know I have alluded to doing this before, but now I am finally doing it. All arrangements are set. The only bad thing is my apartment is now going to destroy my credit for breaking the lease. Who cares anymore, Las Vegas was destroying my life which is worse. I know this decision was made on a whim, but knowing the way I am this is the way it had to be.
I hope that you have a safe successful trip. Will be sending good thoughts to you over the weekend. Post when you get there.

Use this as a fresh start and think about the things you need to change while you are driving. Make a priority list. (Make sure that sobriety is somewhere on the list.)

Old 03-22-2012, 10:59 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,117,790 times
Thanks for all the love and support everyone. I should not have said Las Vegas was my problem. The problem was losing my job. I just cannot deal with it. I am getting all stuff ready as we speak. I will be leaving tomorrow early morning.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:38 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,440,610 times
Quote:
Thanks for all the love and support everyone. I should not have said Las Vegas was my problem. The problem was losing my job. I just cannot deal with it. I am getting all stuff ready as we speak. I will be leaving tomorrow early morning.
Good luck in your journey, LVD!

Old 03-22-2012, 03:05 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,109,624 times
I wonder if any of these jobs are in Vegas.

Jobs Employers Can't Fill
News Headlines

Old 03-22-2012, 04:07 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,392,716 times
Quote:
You ARE The World's Most Interesting Man!

Spoiler
Stay thirsty, my friend!

Old 03-22-2012, 04:36 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,865,537 times
Quote:

Tried to give you a rep, but it says I have to spread the love...
I am tired of people saying that there are no jobs here... You take what you can get and keep looking... It takes time...
My wife was laid off from the Cosmo, she was a preschool teacher prior to this... had no luck with the finding a teaching gig, so shes back to the MResort.. may not be the most glamourous job, but it pays the bills along with my job...I just wish the jobs (both hers and mine) were closer.. I live by Aliante and the jobs are at the airport and in Henderson..but i love the NW and my home, so i'm not going anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas