Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2012, 10:34 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,868,249 times

Advertisements

Why don't you spend some of that money to get your record expunged? Remember someone else on the board got a inheritance and blew it on a truck.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:47 AM

487 posts, read 743,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Sometimes I make the dumbest decisions. My now ex-girlfriend kicked me out of her house the day I got there. She was going to try to control me and I was not going to put up with it. She had told me on the phone I could not drink in the house, but she did not tell me I could not drink OUTSIDE of the house. She said I would not be able to go out and spend the Friday nights with my best friend in El Mirage since he is a drunk too and she knows we party. She ended up getting really mad that I was not going to agree to her rules and she ended up asking me to leave. I then tried to see if I could move in with my friend. He said no because he already has 7 people living in a 4 bedroom house (him, his wife, her father and his 4 kids). I could only stay in the living room on Friday nights so I decided to head right back to Las Vegas. I never did tell my apartment I left nor did I turn off my electric or cable just in case something like this happened. I was going to turn everything off at the end of last month just to be safe. Thank God I did that! I still have no job but I actually got some good news for once. Since my sister and I don't talk to each other, I never knew I had a rather large inheritance waiting for me from grandfather's death back in 2010. My uncle finally got a hold of me last week and I am so happy now.
Don't drink or drug your money away

Old 04-23-2012, 01:44 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,195,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Why don't you spend some of that money to get your record expunged? Remember someone else on the board got a inheritance and blew it on a truck.
Not only a truck, but a blackberry, new furniture, a bunch of steaks, this and that, and soon they were penniless again. Hmm...wonder who that was...

Old 04-23-2012, 01:47 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,195,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuse View Post
What was the recycled clothing? Clothing made from fibers that came from recycled plastics or paper or something?

I love chickens. I've had them almost every year for the past 10 yrs or so...but I've got 65 acres i can turn them loose on lol. Chickens living in a small coop in 100 weather would stink to high heaven, and I dont think they'd be very happy, but if they're raised that way they probably wouldnt know the difference I guess. I really want to get a pig but Im training for an Ironman this spring and dont have much time to dedicate to any other hobbys right now...but some good, healthy, home raised bacon would be nice! Maybe next year.
The recycled "clothing" was regular clothing with wires artfully arranged for a blouse. One dress made out of styrofoam cups. Cardboard dress and so on. Very weird things I would never wear. I would not have worn them when I was really young either. I think they were just wanting to show what could be done with certain materials instead of throwing them in a landfill. The designers creating these things were all high school kids. Unique imaginations.

The only one's that would really love a chicken coop in my back yard would be my cats. My neighbors no doubt would hate me. Which would be ok, since I hate a few of them already.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:25 AM

2,457 posts, read 4,702,942 times
Beer check
Popcorn check
Lawnchair check
Another LVCD drama about to unfold.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:41 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,868,249 times
Not to mention the posts in the Phoenix forum about how terrible Vegas is.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:00 AM

53 posts, read 99,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Sometimes I make the dumbest decisions. My now ex-girlfriend kicked me out of her house the day I got there. She was going to try to control me and I was not going to put up with it. She had told me on the phone I could not drink in the house, but she did not tell me I could not drink OUTSIDE of the house. She said I would not be able to go out and spend the Friday nights with my best friend in El Mirage since he is a drunk too and she knows we party. She ended up getting really mad that I was not going to agree to her rules and she ended up asking me to leave. I then tried to see if I could move in with my friend. He said no because he already has 7 people living in a 4 bedroom house (him, his wife, her father and his 4 kids). I could only stay in the living room on Friday nights so I decided to head right back to Las Vegas. I never did tell my apartment I left nor did I turn off my electric or cable just in case something like this happened. I was going to turn everything off at the end of last month just to be safe. Thank God I did that! I still have no job but I actually got some good news for once. Since my sister and I don't talk to each other, I never knew I had a rather large inheritance waiting for me from grandfather's death back in 2010. My uncle finally got a hold of me last week and I am so happy now.
Sorry to hear about how the situation unfolded with your ex but welcome back! Best wishes to you and good luck!

Old 04-23-2012, 08:04 AM

9,478 posts, read 12,217,383 times
I wold love to have chickens in the backyard. I eat a lot of eggs, so that would be a good thing for me! And the birds would be safe from me eating them.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:01 AM

762 posts, read 1,556,016 times
I would love chickens, my neighbor is the cat lady she must have 13. so no chickens for me

LVD I am so happy for your new chance, get to AA, my ex met his beautiful wife there they are still married after 23 yrs.

My husband has been a mess since being released from emergency. I blame myself, it was to have a catheter put in, but ran into complications. The catheter was more for me than him.

Now paramedics had to come to pick him up this morning because he fell and this time I could not lift him. It took 4 men to get him back to bed.

He did not eat anything yesterday and nothing so far today.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:04 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,035,578 times
Skisickie,

I apologize, because I am new on this site and maybe I missed a lot of posts. Is your husband terminally ill? I ask because if he is, and you are not receiving services from Nathan Adelson Hospice, you should contact them immediately. They can help you in lots of ways.

I too, would love the have some chickens, but my dog would harass them. There is a lady up the street that has some chickens and sells the eggs.

When I was a kid, I once spent some time on a friend's ranch in Wyoming. They had fresh eggs from the chickens, fresh vegetables from the garden, even real maple syrup that they tapped from the trees on the ranch. It was the best food I've ever eaten.

I also learned on the ranch, that cows are very stupid. Every day we would load up the pickup with bales of hay and every day the freaking cows would stand in the road in front of the truck and moo at us. Instead of making a path so we could actually toss the hay to them, they blocked the road and mooed. I think a lot of people are like cows. They are the ones that make us slap our heads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas