Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2012, 03:12 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,122,738 times

Advertisements

I was listening to this below, and I was laughing thinking it was a joke. Unfortunately, it isn't. There have been been zombies eating people this week. Be careful out there.

http://www.trunews.com/Audio/6_01_12...y_trunews2.mp3

https://www.google.com/search?q=zomb...w=1280&bih=671

Old 06-02-2012, 05:16 AM

328 posts, read 723,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Well, I got laid off today. Since it doesn't hurt to put it out there...If anyone has or knows of any opportunities I'd always be grateful for a PM.
Where did you job?

Old 06-02-2012, 09:21 AM

9,478 posts, read 12,218,772 times
This is random, but I wonderig if anyone else finds this kind of funny...

A friend of mine just moved to Phoenix. She left Wednesday and arrived last night. About 6 months ago I lent her the book Eat, Pray, Love and a pair of boxing gloves (she took kickboxing with me for a bit). I forgot about the stuff, then remembered when her moving date got closer. I didn't say anything, assuming she would find the gloves and book as she packed her apartment and offer to return them. Well, she never did.

I really don't care about the boxing gloves. I have 2 other pairs and I will need to get rid of them anyway when I move (all but the ones I use regularly). The book isnt that big of a deal, either, it is a paperback that I paid $3 for. But I thought it was weird that she never even mentioned she had my stuff as she was packing up.

Anyway, yesterday she upodated her Facebook status with a quote...from my book! So it is obvious she DOES have it!

Anyway, like I said, I really don't care, she can have the stuff. I need to get rid of lots before I move anyway, so whatever. I would just never keep something someone lent me...then move across the country with it without trying to return it! (had she asked i would have probably said "Keep it")

People are so funny.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:40 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,771,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
People are so funny.
No, people aren't funny...people just plain ol suck!

Old 06-02-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
No, people aren't funny...people just plain ol suck!
I look at it like this; That book was a great help to me when I was going through some bad stuff. My friend is worried about her move and leaving her friends, etc, so maybe the book can help her, too. And I hope it does. It served its purpose with me, and it's now her turn.

I was going to give the boxing gloves to Goodwill anyway. I really didn't want them back, I need to get rid of stuff.

It's just odd to me that she didn't at least say "Hey, I have your stuff." The gloves have my name on them in silver ink...so it's not like it's not obvious they are mine

Oh well, I just gotta laugh about it

Old 06-02-2012, 12:42 PM

990 posts, read 1,646,332 times
Quote:
This is random, but I wonderig if anyone else finds this kind of funny...

A friend of mine just moved to Phoenix. She left Wednesday and arrived last night. About 6 months ago I lent her the book Eat, Pray, Love and a pair of boxing gloves (she took kickboxing with me for a bit). I forgot about the stuff, then remembered when her moving date got closer. I didn't say anything, assuming she would find the gloves and book as she packed her apartment and offer to return them. Well, she never did.

I really don't care about the boxing gloves. I have 2 other pairs and I will need to get rid of them anyway when I move (all but the ones I use regularly). The book isnt that big of a deal, either, it is a paperback that I paid $3 for. But I thought it was weird that she never even mentioned she had my stuff as she was packing up.

Anyway, yesterday she upodated her Facebook status with a quote...from my book! So it is obvious she DOES have it!

Anyway, like I said, I really don't care, she can have the stuff. I need to get rid of lots before I move anyway, so whatever. I would just never keep something someone lent me...then move across the country with it without trying to return it! (had she asked i would have probably said "Keep it")

People are so funny.
Eat Pray Love was written about a woman who has a narcissistic borderline personality disorder. Why would you want to read it again let alone keep it? Stay away from those kinds of people. They suck attention to themselves from anyone near them.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:46 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,611,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I was listening to this below, and I was laughing thinking it was a joke. Unfortunately, it isn't. There have been been zombies eating people this week. Be careful out there.

http://www.trunews.com/Audio/6_01_12...y_trunews2.mp3

https://www.google.com/search?q=zomb...w=1280&bih=671

It's the deep voice, that makes it sound real.
good sound effects hide religious yahoo's

By the way, I have to tell you chicken skin is REALLY YUMMY!!!

Jonathan

Old 06-02-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
Eat Pray Love was written about a woman who has a narcissistic borderline personality disorder. Why would you want to read it again let alone keep it? Stay away from those kinds of people. They suck attention to themselves from anyone near them.

Have you read it?

Old 06-02-2012, 11:52 PM

328 posts, read 723,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
It's the deep voice, that makes it sound real.
good sound effects hide religious yahoo's

By the way, I have to tell you chicken skin is REALLY YUMMY!!!

Jonathan
The midwest love chicken skin. It's the best part of the chicken.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:31 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,196,884 times
Quote:
I look at it like this; That book was a great help to me when I was going through some bad stuff. My friend is worried about her move and leaving her friends, etc, so maybe the book can help her, too. And I hope it does. It served its purpose with me, and it's now her turn.

I was going to give the boxing gloves to Goodwill anyway. I really didn't want them back, I need to get rid of stuff.

It's just odd to me that she didn't at least say "Hey, I have your stuff." The gloves have my name on them in silver ink...so it's not like it's not obvious they are mine

Oh well, I just gotta laugh about it
She could have at least said she accidentally moved away with your stuff! I would be a little irked by that too if that happened.
I found that book recently at a yard sale for $1. And have seen that title quite frequently in Goodwill for $1. So if you need it again, if I don't find it a "keeper" book, you can have it when I am done with it. Otherwise, check out the thrift stores after you move here. They are all over the valley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas