Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2012, 05:15 PM

762 posts, read 1,561,544 times

Advertisements

not saying you need to have 20 yrs of school to be sucessful.
you need to have something.
I am not telling you this story to be judged, just like you do not show your before and after pics to be judged.
Geek
don't mind the spellinjg got my ged in one day

Old 06-11-2012, 05:54 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,635,627 times
I am NOT at all judging you, I am saying, that 'jack' does not WANT to get a GED
and will always find a reason to fail, because that is the only way he is happy.
(there are others on this forum, who follow in jack's footsteps)

Jonathan

PS: I show my Before/After pictures as a matter of pride, I have been judged all my life, now the only person who judges me, is myself (I'm my own jury as well)

Old 06-11-2012, 07:50 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
And on a happier note, had a good day! Met OleCapt and his wife today. They are both very nice and they put up with me quite well.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:30 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
This man I will call Jack lives at the church by my house for free. We helped him get a job, he couldn't get his ged so we were helping him. He needed it to keep his job. He is 2 yrs older than I am, with no education he dropped out of classes to get his ged. He got fired for sexually harrassing a woman at work. He drives the church van because he does not have a car, bike, skateboard or cannot use public transportation. He complains every single time I talk to him. He said "you sure can't hold on to a husband" when my Bill died april 28th. He is always talking about killing himself. Would the world be a better place if he did?
Your world would be a better place if he killed himself.
Addendum I think his last name is either Off or S--T.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:36 PM

487 posts, read 746,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers leave them kids alone
Hey! Teachers! Leave them kids alone!
All in all it's just another brick in the wall.
All in all you're just another brick in the wall.
Pink Floyd "The Wall" Saw the concert at Wembley Arena

Old 06-11-2012, 08:38 PM

487 posts, read 746,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
This man I will call Jack lives at the church by my house for free. We helped him get a job, he couldn't get his ged so we were helping him. He needed it to keep his job. He is 2 yrs older than I am, with no education he dropped out of classes to get his ged. He got fired for sexually harrassing a woman at work. He drives the church van because he does not have a car, bike, skateboard or cannot use public transportation. He complains every single time I talk to him. He said "you sure can't hold on to a husband" when my Bill died april 28th. He is always talking about killing himself. Would the world be a better place if he did?
Yes

Old 06-11-2012, 08:50 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Yes, it is going to be all about me, especially since I will be paying for the whole trip. I am the one who brought it up, and although both of them have always wanted to see Hot August Nights, neither of them wants to spend the money to do it. I will be paying for the hotel ($200 plus) and all the gas ($300 plus). That is going to cost me $500-$700 up front depending on what motel/hotel I get. I have asked both of them to cover their own food and drinks and they agreed. My friend is going to be driving his car for the trip, but other than that, I am responsible for everything else. Do you now see my point?
Quote:
Because I am lonely and they will not go unless I pay for it. I agree it is sad as my best friend makes $75,000 a year, and my other friend makes over $100,000 a year, but I always have to pay them $100-$150 for gas if I ask them to come stay with me. My girlfriend says I am an idiot for doing it since neither of them has ever done the same for me to come to Phoenix. Both of them are married and have lives, so I can understand. Of course, I was quoting gas from Phoenix to Vegas. This Reno trip will be much more expensive gas wise. The way it works is if they decide to come out here on their own, I pay nothing. But if I request they come, I have to pay them.
With friends like those...

Quote:
You have to remember both of them are married. Neither of their wives allow them to come here unless I pay for it. On new years, the whole family goes so I am off the hook as far as paying for them. This is one of the reasons I have tried to move back to Phoenix.
Ok, so it is not because they are worried their guys will "wander"...how expensive does it have to be if split? It's kind of like you are buying friendship. Might be cheaper to hop a Spirit flight to Phoenix...

Quote:
Sometimes I give out a little too much information, but I only did it to explain the full situation since the circumstances of the vacation had more to it than it initially appeared. Regardless, I have decided to forget about the whole thing. I will just continue to rot in my apartment by myself. That is fine. I want no replies to this post, but I did get a DM saying that with the exception of Davie89, I am the only real person on this thread that tells it like it is, and I am greatly appreciated since all the other members mostly post stupid nonsense. I will say thanks to that person, and unfortunately I cannot disagree. I recently remember how someone made post about corn, and it went on for days. No wonder this country is going to hell. Don't worry, I will stay out of this official chat thread as it has upset me. Now go ahead and carry on about your stupid plants.
That's a little harsh and for sure written with some of that bottled courage. Don't post on a public forum that which you want no replies to...in other words...good luck. I can just guess who wrote that DM, but it doesn't matter because if anyone expects to come on a CHAT thread in any state, they are going to find random postings. Some may interest them, some may not. Tough. Don't read it then. It really is a thread where regulars can chat about random things that don't have to have anything to do with life in Las Vegas, right?

The corn posts were...well....corny, but I like seeing the posts about the plants and such. To each their own. I hope you don't rot. If you were going to spring for the trip, rent a car and take a ride!

Old 06-11-2012, 08:52 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
And on a happier note, had a good day! Met OleCapt and his wife today. They are both very nice and they put up with me quite well.
I agree (well, not the part about putting up with you). Selling?

Old 06-11-2012, 10:37 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
I agree (well, not the part about putting up with you). Selling?
Nope, not yet. Just scouting out some possible neighborhoods for later on.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:01 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,809,283 times
Default Q u e s t i o n

Las Vegas does not it's own private, city owned gas stations for Metro?
I've noticed the police getting gas at regular public gas stations.
Whats that about?
In NYC the fuzz fill up at the station house-- which is private and only for them.
Here they use Rebel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas