Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2012, 06:16 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,899,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
That's crazy! !

Looks like we could hit 104 by Tuesday.

I was at the water park today and it was a bit cloudy and around 90. When i got out of the water though I was CHILLY. The humidity was only about 30% and it felt kinda cold. Weird.
THAT is exactly how it is here when I get out of the pool in 100+ degree weather! I love it! It stays refreshing, instead of getting all sweaty and clammy in a minute out of the water!

Old 07-21-2012, 06:22 PM

9,478 posts, read 12,215,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
THAT is exactly how it is here when I get out of the pool in 100+ degree weather! I love it! It stays refreshing, instead of getting all sweaty and clammy in a minute out of the water!

NO!!! I hate to be cold! I like the humidity hugging me lol

Old 07-21-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Then you might want to re-think Las Vegas! Especially noticeable in the winter months, to me at least.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:23 PM

9,478 posts, read 12,215,835 times
Quote:
Then you might want to re-think Las Vegas! Especially noticeable in the winter months, to me at least.

Ill happily take dry winters. Here the high humidity makes it so bone chilling cold. Ugh.

Ill acclimate

Old 07-21-2012, 07:30 PM

328 posts, read 723,725 times
Quote:
I don't like to be cold neither. Here in Vegas I get a little cold in the winter Months but not that bone chilling teeth shaking cold. A few days I take a hot bath before bed. Out of the pool here might be a little cool but dry off sit in the sun and it is the best. Vegas weather is almost perfect. That is why I'm here. Still love it after 3 1/2 years. I came from Illinois 1 hour south of Chicago.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoo View Post
I don't like to be cold neither. Here in Vegas I get a little cold in the winter Months but not that bone chilling teeth shaking cold. A few days I take a hot bath before bed. Out of the pool here might be a little cool but dry off sit in the sun and it is the best. Vegas weather is almost perfect. That is why I'm here. Still love it after 3 1/2 years. I came from Illinois 1 hour south of Chicago.
I agree. I hated the winters in MI, hated the humidity in the summers. Even though fall was pretty, it was overshadowed by the oncoming winter. Spring was nice, but lately the springs have been summers there.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:16 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,855,748 times
Quote:
I used to be that way too. Now I can't take the heat as well. But I do get cold easily.

I really do love Vegas weather while I'm there to play. I lived there in the early '70s and loved it.

But, I'm from Nebraska and after trying to leave many times I keep coming back home. I love the change of seasons. I LOVE thunderstorms and lightening. They energize me. And there's nothing more beautiful to me than a new fallen snow (before the dogs go out and track it all up,lol.

My DH would love to buy a place in Vegas but after spending a month in San Antonio with our daughter we have decided the city is just not for us. We live on a lake 2 miles from a town of 120 people, 4 miles from a town of 2000 people and 45 minutes from Omaha. It pretty much fits us I guess.

I wish you the best of luck with your move. You're moving to a beautiful city. I know I would love those mountain views.

But for the rest of the summer, be careful if you have plants on your patio. It's killer hot in Nebraska too, LOL!

Old 07-21-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
I agree. I hated the winters in MI, hated the humidity in the summers. Even though fall was pretty, it was overshadowed by the oncoming winter. Spring was nice, but lately the springs have been summers there.
Same in Illinois.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I used to be that way too. Now I can't take the heat as well. But I do get cold easily.

I really do love Vegas weather while I'm there to play. I lived there in the early '70s and loved it.

But, I'm from Nebraska and after trying to leave many times I keep coming back home. I love the change of seasons. I LOVE thunderstorms and lightening. They energize me. And there's nothing more beautiful to me than a new fallen snow (before the dogs go out and track it all up,lol.

My DH would love to buy a place in Vegas but after spending a month in San Antonio with our daughter we have decided the city is just not for us. We live on a lake 2 miles from a town of 120 people, 4 miles from a town of 2000 people and 45 minutes from Omaha. It pretty much fits us I guess.

I wish you the best of luck with your move. You're moving to a beautiful city. I know I would love those mountain views.

But for the rest of the summer, be careful if you have plants on your patio. It's killer hot in Nebraska too, LOL!
Sounds like a great place. I didn't care about the Mountain's before I came here but now I love them and look at them everyday. Right from my bedroom.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:55 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,855,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoo View Post
Sounds like a great place. I didn't care about the Mountain's before I came here but now I love them and look at them everyday. Right from my bedroom.

I think the mountains are breath taking. But I have a terrible fear of heights and don't like driving in them. I even get a sick feeling when I'm watching TV and they show some view of looking out a window down to the pavement below. It affects my equilibrium and I feel like I'm falling. I know...I'm a sicko. But sunsets in the mountains are beautiful! I'm envious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas