Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2012, 08:28 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,773,477 times

Advertisements

Elle....can you lend me a 5 spot?

Old 09-02-2012, 09:02 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,613,056 times
In my office I am responsible for the layout of the computers, calculators, etc.
I practice phone shui

Jonathan

Old 09-02-2012, 09:18 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,773,477 times
They got a guy thats responsible for calculator placement?
I could shave a monkey down and train him to do that.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:37 AM

9,479 posts, read 12,223,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Elle....can you lend me a 5 spot?

Instead of buying you a buffet? OK!

Old 09-02-2012, 10:47 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,041,392 times
You know how you usually figure out the best smartazz comeback comment about five minutes after you needed it? For once, and I have no idea where it came from, My soon-to-be-ex spouted off some nonsense and out of the blue, the best response ever came right out of my mouth. Maybe I'm channeling my recently deceased uncle.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:06 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,613,056 times
Maybe you've been hanging out too long with me

Jonathan

Old 09-02-2012, 03:14 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,576,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Summer is May through late September, early October. We get a couple of weeks of fall and then we have winter from December to February, although I can remember having a tan by Valentine's day once, so that's a variable.

August is the absolute worst, especially this one, and I will be so glad to see it go.
This is how I describe our year..

April, May, June (Normal Summer)
July, August, September (Welcome to Hell, hope that we get monsoonal weather, thank goodness for pools and AC)
October- Heaven best month of the year
November, Fall -Chilly but usually sunny
December, January (Winter??? Hmmm. Usually Sunny skies...Sometimes coat weather, sometimes not)
February, March (Windy Season/Spring)

And they say we don't have seasons!

Old 09-02-2012, 04:49 PM

990 posts, read 1,646,711 times
Much better than SoCal where there are only 2 seasons, Rain and Fire.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:03 PM

23,074 posts, read 28,799,187 times
Just got back from Flagstaff/Sedona/Jerome, 3 days. When you want to escape the LV heat, go look at a map for the highest altitude city to escape to: Flagstaff at 6900 feet. Ah! Those nice cool evenings!
Runner up: Cedar City, UT at 5900 feet!

Took my 5 month old ferret along, and he passed his first urban walk in downtown Flagstaff with flying colors Thurs. night, put on quite a show, buzzing around downtown, which has lots of nightspots/restaurants, photo snapping, stopping to say hello to people, what a fun night it was! Will never understand why it's such a curiosity, being ferrets are the 3rd most popular pet today, to see someone walking a ferrret on a leash! Now if I could only walk him on the Strip, late nights!!! No more, can't do! Can only walk your pets on the Strip between 5am and noon now!

Hit lots of thrift stores along the way. My haul: 40 old VHS tapes, 7 DVD's, 18 nonfiction books, some clothes, miscellaneous purchases and 10 cookbooks! And, to my eventual demise, an illustrated Cocktail book, of every cocktail ever concocted! The ingredients will cost a fortune! But oh what fun it shall be!

For thrifties, downtown Kingman is a dream-come-true. Around 4th & Beale, there's 4 thrift stores within walking distance including a St. Vincent de Paul and a Salvation Army!

That Oak Creek Canyon road between Flagstaff & Sedona is truly awesome! And so is Jerome!

With all that rain, lately, the desert was transformed beautifully, lots of wild flowers, and so, so green! If you haven't driven out into the desert with all this rain lately, don't miss the show!

Last edited by tijlover; 09-02-2012 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: Add lines

Old 09-03-2012, 05:04 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,209,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Just got back from Flagstaff/Sedona/Jerome, 3 days. When you want to escape the LV heat, go look at a map for the highest altitude city to escape to: Flagstaff at 6900 feet. Ah! Those nice cool evenings!
Runner up: Cedar City, UT at 5900 feet!

Took my 5 month old ferret along, and he passed his first urban walk in downtown Flagstaff with flying colors Thurs. night, put on quite a show, buzzing around downtown, which has lots of nightspots/restaurants, photo snapping, stopping to say hello to people, what a fun night it was! Will never understand why it's such a curiosity, being ferrets are the 3rd most popular pet today, to see someone walking a ferrret on a leash! Now if I could only walk him on the Strip, late nights!!! No more, can't do! Can only walk your pets on the Strip between 5am and noon now!

Hit lots of thrift stores along the way. My haul: 40 old VHS tapes, 7 DVD's, 18 nonfiction books, some clothes, miscellaneous purchases and 10 cookbooks! And, to my eventual demise, an illustrated Cocktail book, of every cocktail ever concocted! The ingredients will cost a fortune! But oh what fun it shall be!

For thrifties, downtown Kingman is a dream-come-true. Around 4th & Beale, there's 4 thrift stores within walking distance including a St. Vincent de Paul and a Salvation Army!

That Oak Creek Canyon road between Flagstaff & Sedona is truly awesome! And so is Jerome!

With all that rain, lately, the desert was transformed beautifully, lots of wild flowers, and so, so green! If you haven't driven out into the desert with all this rain lately, don't miss the show!

Glad you, and the ferret, enjoyed yourselves. Those cities are great places to get away in the summer. And you are right, it's very green right now in areas that aren't always that way, and it doesn't last long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas