Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2012, 08:55 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times

Advertisements

I hate Xmas decos in the stores already. That means winter is coming

It's supposed to be 47 degrees overnight. THIS SUCKS!

Old 09-08-2012, 10:26 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I hate Xmas decos in the stores already. That means winter is coming

It's supposed to be 47 degrees overnight. THIS SUCKS!
Today it was cold in MI too. Can't wait to head back. I talked to my daughter today and she said it was sunny and in the high 80s (too hot for her, she loves cold) but I am so bummed because it will now be too cold for me to go in the pool when I get back. Oh well, there is still the spa! and the sun! I did feel some instant SAD when I was outside today, though.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:40 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
I love the Las Vegas weather when we visit in October. It is just perfect. 80s, and sunny, blue skies.

Old 09-09-2012, 03:59 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
We took many cabs to and from in Las Vegas this weekend. Just got back. Asked each cab driver how long they had been driving a cab......"I'm a musician by trade", "I'm an electrician by trade", "I work in contruction", "I moved from Africa for opportunity to make money". The outlook of the people was so dismal. My girlfriend is from Phoenix. She told each and every one of them to have hope because things would come back in two years. I hope she is right.

Joan Rivers was hysterical.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:31 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Default I'm Coming Back to Las Vegas Next Year!

I totally realized all the reasons I left Orlando still hold true 2 and a half years later, and I realize what a huge mistake I made by leaving. I have begun saving up, and next year when I get vested in my stock, I'm cashing it out, paying off my car, and coming back! A few friends in Vegas have offered me places to stay for super cheap until I can get on my feet out there. I will be going out with less debt more money saved and something even more valuable....connections! Also a good friend of mine who used to live in Las Vegas for a very long time is moving back and has tons of management connections with MGM Resorts.

I've realized that in spite of the unemployment rate, there are a lot more opportunities for a guy like me in Las Vegas than there are in Orlando, plus the COL in Vegas is lower, and the pay is better than it is in Florida

I'm hoping to be back in Vegas around May or June of 2013! See you then!

Old 09-10-2012, 01:03 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I totally realized all the reasons I left Orlando still hold true 2 and a half years later, and I realize what a huge mistake I made by leaving. I have begun saving up, and next year when I get vested in my stock, I'm cashing it out, paying off my car, and coming back! A few friends in Vegas have offered me places to stay for super cheap until I can get on my feet out there. I will be going out with less debt more money saved and something even more valuable....connections! Also a good friend of mine who used to live in Las Vegas for a very long time is moving back and has tons of management connections with MGM Resorts.

I've realized that in spite of the unemployment rate, there are a lot more opportunities for a guy like me in Las Vegas than there are in Orlando, plus the COL in Vegas is lower, and the pay is better than it is in Florida

I'm hoping to be back in Vegas around May or June of 2013! See you then!
What about the "Orlando's Official Cheer Captain"?

Old 09-10-2012, 01:08 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
What about the "Orlando's Official Cheer Captain"?
Orlando is my hometown, I will always cheer for it. I actually wrote that as sarcasm though. Orlando has more than its fair share of negative posters and one sent me a nasty message telling me to "Shake my pom poms for a washed up town going nowhere"

Even though Orlando will always be home, I need to get to where there's money to be made, and Orlando is not nor has ever been the place to make more than $9 an hour

Old 09-10-2012, 01:09 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
I think the first runner up will have to take his place when he moves back if he is no longer able to serve as captain. Good luck, Davie!

Old 09-11-2012, 07:55 PM

23,219 posts, read 29,044,905 times
There's a car with car alarm near my house which has been blaring for the last two hours. It blares, stops, blares, stops, blares, stops. Will I even sleep tonite, or my neighbors, if it blares all night long? What a nightmare!! New York City banned car alarms in 2004, let's do it here!

The car has no license plates, but a Temporary Movement sticker in the window. Called the police, I read the VIN number to them, and they said the car's owner was a long distance away, and there's nothing they can do????????????????????

So, what to do?????????

Old 09-11-2012, 08:30 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times
Battery should be dying soon. Earplug will have to do for now.

Sent from phone using app
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas