Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2012, 10:58 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
That the people who bailed never contributed anything. The haters are still here. I have no beef with you SS, my post was about your statement, not you as a poster.

Let's see who is missing:

Costaricageorge
MacGeek
And many others who used to post here frequently, but only drop in from time to time now.
Here's one that doesnt much bother with this forum any longer.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:05 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
The entire first page of the forum has posts from today. This thread ebbs and flows a bit, always has. I don't spend my time wondering where anyone is in any of the forums. We all have lives, you know, and everyone has choices of all kinds.
I recommend this forum to a lot of the newcomers soon to be station at Nellis. Especially any time they have specific questions that I can't help with or direct them to. I recently suggested that two members take the time to register and then post their questions or comments.

Both members registered, started threads, and the results were lackluster. In the past the help on this forum was overwhelming.

I used to recommend this place all the time. What's the point now?

Sent from cell...

Old 11-06-2012, 11:07 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Here's one that doesnt much bother with this forum any longer.
Everyone just turned into a C-D lurker. They may not be as active yet they still log on to C-D to see what's going on.

Sent from cell...

Old 11-06-2012, 12:44 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
You have to admit that this thread, along with the others in this section, used to be a lot more alive and kicking.

You ever stop to think what happened to the regulars?

Sent from cell...
I agree. Even as a chat thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy_seconds View Post
There are some regulars that dont need to come back. They never really had anything to contribute anyway. On top of that, most of them complained about every little thing in Las Vegas. Hell, some didnt even live in Las Vegas, yet they had so much to say about the place.
Disagree. With only 24 posts, how can you say that, unless you used to just lurk? It used to be far more lively here with limited moderation, as it was a chat thread. That has changed and with that change this thread has lost it's FUN. Same can be said about the whole LV forum. People do have lives, but when you post on a specific forum, you become familiar with people. It is compassionate to wonder where those regulars went. Maybe the compassion was taken away.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:46 PM

I do lurk ....but posting seems such a waste ..... my lurking consists of checking to see what pics youve posted .... and a few others .....

Old 11-06-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
I agree. Even as a chat thread.

Disagree. With only 24 posts, how can you say that, unless you used to just lurk? It used to be far more lively here with limited moderation, as it was a chat thread. That has changed and with that change this thread has lost it's FUN. Same can be said about the whole LV forum. People do have lives, but when you post on a specific forum, you become familiar with people. It is compassionate to wonder where those regulars went. Maybe the compassion was taken away.
^5's to Kimmie sincei cant rep her

Old 11-06-2012, 01:16 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
The moderation of this thread is STILL pretty limited. Some discussions got moved here, because they really were chat subjects for the regulars and not of general interest in a relocation forum so that they needed their own thread.

By the same token, many of the discussions of interest in terms of relocation, etc., degenerated into chat amongst the regulars that was not responsive to the new people's questions, and they complained about having to wade through all that. Keeping a balance between everyone's interests, given the actual purpose of the forum as a whole, is not always easy.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:15 PM

it always seems easier in other forums.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:10 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
it always seems easier in other forums.
You've got that right!

Old 11-06-2012, 04:37 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
You've got that right!
I couldn't disagree more.

I love how this forum is guided to stay on topic and is not filled with thread after thread of complete BS unrelated to Las Vegas. I also love the fact that posters who treat this board as their own personal chatroom and feel the need to create thread after thread dealing with the personal minutiae of their daily lives have their threads moved to the chat thread rather than cluttering up the entire board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas