Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 08:57 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,664,494 times

Advertisements

If you want police, fire, roads, you have to pay for them. How is that going to be done? "911 Emergency. Visa, MasterCard, or American Express?"

Old 06-14-2009, 12:12 AM

2 posts, read 3,213 times
Question long lost friend

I am looking for a friend i have lost contact with in Las Vegas Nevada. His name is Don Mossman. Anyone know him? We used to work at Alpha Signs together?

Old 06-14-2009, 12:24 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,664,494 times
Do you how many people live in the Las Vegas area? And how many people have that name? There's a person who has the same name as me at my doctor's office, except for a different middle name.

Old 06-14-2009, 02:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,428 times
Default australian moving to Vegas alone

I am 21yr old girl from Australia and I am looking to move to Vegas to live and work.

I was just wanting to know if it is a safe city to live in, what the living cost is like, if it is feasible to live there just using public transport and if it easy to get and maintain work there?

Please if you could help me out by answering some of my questions it would be much appreciated, thanks.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:36 AM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
Could you give us some links to these proposed new taxes? I would like to read them.
Here are some links:
obama 401k

http://www.workforce.com/section/00/...e/25/83/58.php

IRS eyes taxing your work mobile phone | Between the Lines | ZDNet.com

Health plan would tax medical benefits - Washington Times

Here is a link regarding the Cap and Trade (Global Warming) tax. http://www.rightsidenews.com/200906125137/energy-and-environment/what-s-your-household-s-cap-and-trade-tax-burden.html (broken link)

Last edited by pommysmommy; 06-14-2009 at 08:43 AM..

Old 06-14-2009, 08:47 AM

990 posts, read 1,654,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Here are some links:
obama 401k

House Democrats Contemplate Abolishing 401(k) Tax Breaks | workforce.com

IRS eyes taxing your work mobile phone | Between the Lines | ZDNet.com

Health plan would tax medical benefits - Washington Times

Here is a link regarding the Cap and Trade (Global Warming) tax. 200906125137 | What's Your Household's Cap-and-Trade Tax Burden? | / | Energy & Environment (http://www.rightsidenews.com/200906125137/energy-and-environment/what-s-your-household-s-cap-and-trade-tax-burden.html - broken link)
The cell phone tax on company supplied cell phones makes sense to me. A company car is taxable, why not a phone? And the amount listed is about $9 a month. Hardly a hardship.

The health insurance tax has bipartisan support. We are stuck on that one.

The other two articles are opinion pieces. I'd rather read about the proposed taxes from an impartial source.

Last edited by tazz; 06-14-2009 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: additional sentence.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
The cell phone tax on company supplied cell phones makes sense to me. A company car is taxable, why not a phone? And the amount listed is about $9 a month. Hardly a hardship.

The health insurance tax has bipartisan support. We are stuck on that one.

The other two articles are opinion pieces. I'd rather read about the proposed taxes from an impartial source.
I realize the two articles are opinion pieces but they give the basics regarding taxing 401Ks and the proposed government savings plan. The cell phone tax is ludricous as proposed because it won't tax personal usage on a business phone. Now how is that going to be determined?

The cap and trade (global warming tax) will make it hard for people who already struggle to meet expenses.

What do you think about the proposed tax for farmers who have cows? How does the government think that taxing the farmers and causing an increase in beef and dairy will stop the cows from passing gas?

Here is the latest on the proposed tax on health care benefits.

Tax on health benefits may be delayed until 2013 - BusinessWeek (http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D98PFSCG1.htm - broken link)

Old 06-14-2009, 10:09 AM

990 posts, read 1,654,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I realize the two articles are opinion pieces but they give the basics regarding taxing 401Ks and the proposed government savings plan. The cell phone tax is ludricous as proposed because it won't tax personal usage on a business phone. Now how is that going to be determined?

The cap and trade (global warming tax) will make it hard for people who already struggle to meet expenses.

What do you think about the proposed tax for farmers who have cows? How does the government think that taxing the farmers and causing an increase in beef and dairy will stop the cows from passing gas?

Here is the latest on the proposed tax on health care benefits.

Tax on health benefits may be delayed until 2013 - BusinessWeek (http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D98PFSCG1.htm - broken link)
The cell phone tax estimates the business usage at 75% and personal usage at 25%.

Heatlh care is due for a rocky interval of time until it finally shakes out as a national program. It is a golded goose for nearly all politicians who get massive donations from the insurance industry where 25% of every medical care dollar goes to people who do not deliver health care but instead limit it.

For example my HMO is unable to get me in to see a doctor for routine care unless I call 6-8 weeks in advance.

I also detest that the CEOs of these companies take home billions of dollars in bonuses for limiting that care.

How many doctors can you supply for billions of dollars, instead of fat cats occasionally sitting on boards between golf games and martinis as they figure out how to screw the public and pass out REWARDs for making a profit for their shareholders?

Old 06-14-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
The cell phone tax estimates the business usage at 75% and personal usage at 25%.

Heatlh care is due for a rocky interval of time until it finally shakes out as a national program. It is a golded goose for nearly all politicians who get massive donations from the insurance industry where 25% of every medical care dollar goes to people who do not deliver health care but instead limit it.

For example my HMO is unable to get me in to see a doctor for routine care unless I call 6-8 weeks in advance.

I also detest that the CEOs of these companies take home billions of dollars in bonuses for limiting that care.

How many doctors can you supply for billions of dollars, instead of fat cats occasionally sitting on boards between golf games and martinis as they figure out how to screw the public and pass out REWARDs for making a profit for their shareholders?
I agree with you. Last week I spent over one and a half hours on the telephone trying to get authorization for a patient with a massively swollen abdomen to have a CT scan. I did this because the person in charge of getting these authorizations had been able to get nowhere with the insurance company. The first hour was spent with a person who did not know medical terminolgy. I kept asking to speak to a nurse and kept being told that the nurses were too busy. The ordering doctor wanted this test because he suspected that the patient had a tumor. I finally was able to speak to a nurse who reluctantly authorized the CT scan.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:14 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,493,779 times
Aqua...while there may be many causes of low testosterone...my personal cause stemmed from a pituitary tumor, which was removed. However the pituitary gland was permanently damaged so that it will never send the signal for my body to release testosterone into my blood stream. The pituitary gland is normally the size of a dime, and my tumor was the size of a walnut and thus caused such severe compression on it as to damage that pituitary function. I now apply testosterone (in gel form) on a daily basis...and the medication is quite expensive. Often, the symptom of such a tumor that most people wait to take action is manifested in a loss of peripheral vision, as the tumor presses against the optic nerve (the pituitary gland is directly behind the eyes).

Please be aware that this was my own personal experience, which began for me as lack of energy and libido. It is the worst case scenario for low testosterone, and by no means am I suggesting that this is the root cause of your own low testosterone. I simply offer here, publicly, as a means for you (and anyone else with low tesosterone) to discuss with your/their doctor, as it is sometimes missed, until the peripheral vision starts to go. But by then it could have been diagnosed much earlier (and while the tumor is smaller and causing less permanent damage.) An MRI of the brain clearly would show such a tumor.

Good luck, and DM me if you have any questions regarding my own personal experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas