Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2015, 06:14 AM

83 posts, read 134,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
We had to make our own tree, this year, out of cardboard. If not for my mother, the kids would have gotten far less.
Luckily they are awesome kids and aren't spoiled brats. They are very appreciative, and weren't disappointed in the slightest.
That is AWSOME! And environmentally friendly. Well, it did come from a tree to start with. No messy pine needles to vacuum up and then have to deal with discarding the tree when its all over! That is pure genius and you should be proud of it! Hope that 2015 brings you all love, hope, faith, peace and overall happiness for many years to come.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:37 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,112,421 times
I am allergic to trees, and the rest of nature, and a good bit of things inside homes. I have never had a real tree, and I never will. We had a fake plastic tree, but I threw it out before moving here to make room on the truck.

I am not big on holidays. If it were up to me, I would skip them all except Halloween, because free candy rules.
My kids have never believed in santa, or the easter bunny, or any of that nonsense. I am not going to lie to them like that.
I think the vast majority of people would be utterly shocked at how happy my kids are despite the lack of "The magic of the holidays"

I also do not refrain from speaking to them as I would to an adult. My daughter's teacher is astonished at the vocabulary of my 10 year old daughter.
My 5 year old son, just last night, used "aspire" and "reference" in sentences, correctly.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:46 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,489,189 times
Went to Shake Shack earlier today and my nephew and I have a new favorite burger place in town. I will definitely come back and try everything on the menu. I only ordered the basic burger, single patty, love it. The bread that comes with the burger is so SOFT, even softer than the Hawaiian rolls sold in stores, delicious. The fries are good too, I ordered the Cheese fries, don't know what they used for topping on the fries but it tasted like Cheeze Whiz, hahaha love it! For bigger appetites definitely order the double.

Old 01-05-2015, 06:49 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
Went to Shake Shack earlier today and my nephew and I have a new favorite burger place in town. I will definitely come back and try everything on the menu. I only ordered the basic burger, single patty, love it. The bread that comes with the burger is so SOFT, even softer than the Hawaiian rolls sold in stores, delicious. The fries are good too, I ordered the Cheese fries, don't know what they used for topping on the fries but it tasted like Cheeze Whiz, hahaha love it! For bigger appetites definitely order the double.
Any photos?

Old 01-05-2015, 07:21 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,489,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Any photos?
I'll post it later on today.

Old 01-05-2015, 05:05 PM
EA

View from the new job site. It's indoors so no brutal cold to deal with.

Old 01-07-2015, 01:01 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Headed downtown with the hubs on Monday, and took the surface streets in. Down by Owens, several blocks before the homeless camps, a guy was peeing to his hearts content on the sidewalk next to the street. During the day, not a care in the world.
Got closer to the camps and those homeless people are bold. They swarmed all the cars at the stop sign with their hands out for money. They come right up to the cars, and grab at the door handles. I told my husband, don't ever take me this way again. Take the freeway.

Old 01-07-2015, 04:04 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Headed downtown with the hubs on Monday, and took the surface streets in. Down by Owens, several blocks before the homeless camps, a guy was peeing to his hearts content on the sidewalk next to the street. During the day, not a care in the world.
Got closer to the camps and those homeless people are bold. They swarmed all the cars at the stop sign with their hands out for money. They come right up to the cars, and grab at the door handles. I told my husband, don't ever take me this way again. Take the freeway.
There is a South Park episode that describes that exactly.

Old 01-07-2015, 04:51 PM
EA

I saw a man poop on Harmon ave. Right on the sidewalk. He was .5 block from LVB. Broad daylight. You could see the Giant Harley from where he was.

Old 01-08-2015, 03:54 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Who are these homeless people that don't have any manners? The last thing I want to see is someone using the sidewalks and streets for their private bathrooms. At least go behind a tree or something. Don't just whip it out and go right where they happen to be.

von, that is funny that my experience was an episode on South Park. Any idea which one it was? It is probably on youtube. The last time I checked out a video of South park was that hilarious shaker weight episode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas