Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2015, 03:00 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times

Advertisements

I was out walking my ferret, the other morning, about 2am, walking down Sandhill near Boulder Hwy. A cop car drove by, did a quick U-turn, put the flashers on, and stopped an older, bedraggled homeless woman with a shopping cart. I continued walking down Sandhill, came back, and she was standing in front of the police car with handcuffs on! What horrible crime did she commit? Using a grocery cart without permission? Not using the sidewalk, and pushing it in the street? I do know there's a homeless camp on the other side of Boulder Hwy, which is where she was probably headed.

Then? The police officer put her into the police car, shoved her shopping cart, with her possessions, into the back of the SUV police car, and sped away! The transaction must have taken well over a half-hour of his time!

Sheesh! Haven't the police got better things to do at night than pull over a homeless woman with a shopping cart!!! Yup! Just what we need, more cops in this city!

Speaking of the homeless, I was shocked to read recently that, on a national average, it costs taxpayers around $42k a year for each homeless person on our streets. And, stupidly, I was thinking it wasn't costing us hardly anything!

Why the high costs? It's the repeated trips to the Emergency Rooms, accompanying medications, as many have severed mental and physical problems! And if they go to Jail, and insist on a jury trial, more expenses! And, send them to prison, now we're looking at $40k-50k a year, both direct and indirect costs, to house an inmate!

So! Which poison do you taxpayers prefer?

Old 05-07-2015, 08:40 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,781,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I was out walking my ferret, the other morning, about 2am, walking down Sandhill near Boulder Hwy. A cop car drove by, did a quick U-turn, put the flashers on, and stopped an older, bedraggled homeless woman with a shopping cart. I continued walking down Sandhill, came back, and she was standing in front of the police car with handcuffs on! What horrible crime did she commit? Using a grocery cart without permission? Not using the sidewalk, and pushing it in the street? I do know there's a homeless camp on the other side of Boulder Hwy, which is where she was probably headed.

Then? The police officer put her into the police car, shoved her shopping cart, with her possessions, into the back of the SUV police car, and sped away! The transaction must have taken well over a half-hour of his time!

Sheesh! Haven't the police got better things to do at night than pull over a homeless woman with a shopping cart!!! Yup! Just what we need, more cops in this city!

Speaking of the homeless, I was shocked to read recently that, on a national average, it costs taxpayers around $42k a year for each homeless person on our streets. And, stupidly, I was thinking it wasn't costing us hardly anything!

Why the high costs? It's the repeated trips to the Emergency Rooms, accompanying medications, as many have severed mental and physical problems! And if they go to Jail, and insist on a jury trial, more expenses! And, send them to prison, now we're looking at $40k-50k a year, both direct and indirect costs, to house an inmate!

So! Which poison do you taxpayers prefer?
It sounds like there may have been a BOLO for her. Perhaps a burglary, drugs, etc. Hard to say without knowing the situation, but I would wager they didn't arrest her for not using the sidewalk...

Old 05-10-2015, 07:00 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,635,627 times
Well, Survived my first week, On day 4 I was taken aside by my boss, and told that they no longer want me as a consultant.

THEY HIRED ME FULL TIME!

Shortest probation period EVAH!!!!

Jonathan

Old 05-10-2015, 01:59 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
Well, Survived my first week, On day 4 I was taken aside by my boss, and told that they no longer want me as a consultant.

THEY HIRED ME FULL TIME!

Shortest probation period EVAH!!!!

Jonathan

Congrats!!

Old 05-12-2015, 10:29 AM

313 posts, read 255,463 times
Hooray!!!

Old 05-13-2015, 04:26 PM

117 posts, read 145,999 times
Congrats macgeek!!!

Old 05-14-2015, 01:50 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,635,627 times
Default Just got an email

The SF globe is reprinting a instructable I made a few years ago

http://www.instructables.com/id/The-...Beverage-Boat/

Check it out

Jonathan

Old 05-15-2015, 10:11 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
The SF globe is reprinting a instructable I made a few years ago

The $1.99 Noodley Beverage Boat

Check it out

Jonathan

I don't have a pool, but I'm sharing it with those who do!

Old 05-15-2015, 04:28 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times
Pool Noodle= $3-5
Rubbermaid tub =$3

1.99 NOPE try $6-8...not to mention the zip ties.

OR you could just use the lid of a $1.99 foam ice chest...

If you want to get fancy then cut a rectangle out of the lid, insert the smaller tapered bottom of the ice chest into the hole until snug then trim off the top of the chest...still $1.99

Old 05-15-2015, 04:50 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Pool Noodle= $3-5
Rubbermaid tub =$3

1.99 NOPE try $6-8...not to mention the zip ties.

OR you could just use the lid of a $1.99 foam ice chest...

If you want to get fancy then cut a rectangle out of the lid, insert the smaller tapered bottom of the ice chest into the hole until snug then trim off the top of the chest...still $1.99
Now you are going to draw his ire. He bought all his materials at the .99 cent store. Trust me on this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas