Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2015, 05:21 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
I have a small fenced yard and a dog door insert for the slider. My dogs (chihuahuas) LOVE the sun, especially my boy. He will go out and lay in the sun regardless of the temp. The cats also enjoy napping out there, but choose shade if it is too hot.

My youngest cat (got him in December after my 19 year old girl, Mocha, passed away) can jump the 6' privacy fence. I've been working on different ways to keep him in, but so far he still manages to get out. He hung out with me while I was in the complex's pool, napping under a nearby bush, then coming inside when I did.

They all seem to enjoy the warm weather. I am glad I could give Mocha the warm sun here for her last year of life. I think it was good for her old bones. She was fairly peppy up until the last couple of weeks, and adored the sun.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:28 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times
How many of you consider shooting cats that come in to your yard? How many actually do shoot them? BTW - I wouldn't and don't get this anger problem about a mini tiger walking in to your yard, perhaps peeing and/or pooping in your flowerbeds. It's just fertilizer, isn't it?

Old 06-21-2015, 10:32 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
i have been known to pop a pigeon or a crow with an air rifle on very low pressure so there is no penetration and it just annoys them. The only time though I would do that to a cat is if it was regularly caterwauling on my wall or something. Never had that happen. Then can pass through in peace or dump a little as long as the cat or dog don't catch them at it...then they best be over the wall fast.

Old 06-22-2015, 03:41 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
How many of you consider shooting cats that come in to your yard? How many actually do shoot them? BTW - I wouldn't and don't get this anger problem about a mini tiger walking in to your yard, perhaps peeing and/or pooping in your flowerbeds. It's just fertilizer, isn't it?
Never ever ever consider shooting a cat if it came in my yard. The few cats that walked thru the fence, I picked them up and petted them. They then went on their merry little way.
I don't even want to know the kind of people that would shoot a cat that walked into their back yard.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:12 AM

Never ever ever consider shooting a cat if it came in my yard. The few cats that walked thru the fence, I picked them up and petted them. They then went on their merry little way.
I don't even want to know the kind of people that would shoot a cat that walked into their back yard.

When we were living over in Elko our orange tabby male came to the house with a bloody hole near where his left leg connects up to his body. It wasn't gushing blood - our son and I went to work sterilizing it and trying to make a bandage he wouldn't tear right off of the wound. We made it work and kept the area clean. It healed up. I'm thinking he was shot with a pellet gun? Dunno as I don't like guns and don't care ta learn anything about them, either. We didn't trust one set of neighbors living right next to us at all. Thinking it was from them but didn't go tooting a horn around and accusing them of it without knowing. Makes it so evil and devious of whoever did this to him. Then again, perhaps he ran in to a piece of metal that was torn - fencing or something? We never found out what happened for sure.

I would never shoot a dog or cat or goat or horse or...wild boar...well, maybe a wild boar. If it was kicking up dirt and making weird sounds and all.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:48 AM

I'll be talking to a recruiter about a job at Nellis AFB tomorrow afternoon. Don't know, I currently have an offer for a job in upstate NY (Auburn) and Dodge City, KS. But a job in Lost Wages, a good one like this one, would certainly ignite my motor to a large degree.

Don't know if my experience and schooling will match up just right, I'll know more tomorrow afternoon. Where would you guys suggest if a minor miracle occurs tomorrow and I get to an onsite interview phase as far as living in Las Vegas?

One or two bedroom rental homes are in what kind of price range, overall? I have heard a lot about crazy Las Vegas drivers but have spent some time there and Seattle drivers are not much better and I can live with their driving.

So let me have it, friends! I'd welcome a move back down south.

Old 06-24-2015, 02:24 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Default My decision is 75% final

As of late I've seriously been playing with the idea of coming back to Las Vegas...the reasons that made me leave Orlando the first time 5 years ago are still here, nothing has changed and I still find myself miserable...

Granted my first stint in the 702 was far from perfect but I feel I was happier in Las Vegas than I am here

If I return I'd be coming back with $5000-$6000 in the bank (5x as I did the first time) my expenses arent much more than what they were the first time either. I've learned from a lot of my mistakes I made the first time and don't plan on making them again

I can have everything lined up with a job, but considering I always found work fairly quickly I'm not too worried about landing something before my money runs out (the possibility of that happening lingers in the back of my mind)

But if I return I'll be a little older and wiser from what happened the first time. I already have some apps in on the strip properties and will begin looking elsewhere as well

I hope you all are well and if I return I look forward to posting with you all again

Old 06-24-2015, 05:42 PM

DavieJ89 - I have an interview with a recruiter from San Antonio, TX, for a job in Las Vegas, NV, tomorrow morning. I will give it my best shot to get to the next level. Las Vegas still has so much going on that I would really dig a chance ta get there. My wife and I and our two cats and two dogs would all be moving there if I can make it on their team. It would be doing my medical skillset on Nellis AFB service people.

I hope it's going to go well on my interview and I would enjoy having you back on here to chat with, too, and for you to be able to move back to Vegas, too. Good fortune to you and I hope you are able to make it work, man. We all keep learning or should all keep learning each and every year, so I'm sure you're better equipped now to come here than you were last time. So that extra life experience should help somewhat.

Old 06-25-2015, 10:37 PM

This job's off at NAFB. I didn't pass all the qualification hurdles that I needed to. Oh well. To Dodge City, KS, I will go for the next chapter in my illustrious medical career.

Did somebody mention retirement? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:05 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Anyone else lose power to their house recently for only a few seconds? Happened twice to me yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas