Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2016, 10:46 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,057,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Do you work so little on purpose or is it their choice?
It is a combination of both. I could work more than I do, but fibromyalgia is horrible, so I work enough to pay the bills and still get medicaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BibleBurner View Post
30 a week on groceries?

Do you eat, or is that just bottled water?
I only buy on sale and eat a lot of chicken.

Old 01-23-2016, 11:25 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,112,421 times
I can see 30 a week for one person. I could cut my food bill some if I didn't have to bring my lunch to work. (In lower work jobs I can skip lunch, this one is too strenuous)

Old 01-24-2016, 09:12 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,571,323 times
Quote:
^Better question is...how does one make it anywhere on grocery store pay?
I will actually be making almost $4 an hour more than I am currently making at Publix....which is $11 so you do the math

I can make it on $15 an hour for 40 hours a week can't I?

I'm gonna have a room to rent for $400 a month, car payment of $285, insurance of $135 (Nevada insurance) cell phone bill around $80 (Verizon) how could I not make it

Old 01-24-2016, 12:17 PM

49 posts, read 41,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I will actually be making almost $4 an hour more than I am currently making at Publix....which is $11 so you do the math

I'm gonna have a room to rent for $400 a month, car payment of $285, insurance of $135 (Nevada insurance) cell phone bill around $80 (Verizon) how could I not make it
I'm not living in Vegas...yet. So there are other people better qualified to answer.

But I imagine 15$ full-time would be doable. I'd have a few months expenses set aside though. Moving is always more expensive than you think it will be.

P.S. I noticed you're escaping Florida like me. Good call.

Old 01-24-2016, 12:28 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,112,421 times
15 for a single guy works. Insurance is so high here (probably because so many idiots keep wrecking into people)

Old 01-24-2016, 01:53 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Quote:

All should note that Davie has lived in Las Vegas in the past and is well familiar with the city and its costs.

One hopes he is a bit more successful this trip but he does know what he is getting into.

Old 01-24-2016, 01:57 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,679,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
It is a combination of both. I could work more than I do, but fibromyalgia is horrible, so I work enough to pay the bills and still get medicaid.

I only buy on sale and eat a lot of chicken.
I've been diagnosed with mild fibromyalgia (so far) and you have my sympathies.

Have you ever tried gabapentin? It's really cheap (with insurance) and helps me a lot. Problem is I have one of the side effects (extreme irritation - I'm a total jerk after taking it a few days) so I can't take it regularly. Just when I really hurt.

Old 01-24-2016, 02:25 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,571,323 times
Quote:
I'm not living in Vegas...yet. So there are other people better qualified to answer.

But I imagine 15$ full-time would be doable. I'd have a few months expenses set aside though. Moving is always more expensive than you think it will be.

P.S. I noticed you're escaping Florida like me. Good call.
I live in Orlando and the cost of living in Vegas is comparable and even slightly lower than Orlando is, I also feel there are more and better job opportunities in Las Vegas that pay better than what I'm finding here

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
15 for a single guy works. Insurance is so high here (probably because so many idiots keep wrecking into people)
My car insurance will be $50 a month cheaper in Las Vegas than Orlando believe it or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
All should note that Davie has lived in Las Vegas in the past and is well familiar with the city and its costs.

One hopes he is a bit more successful this trip but he does know what he is getting into.
I was young and very immature at the time and yes I did make a lot of bad choices in Las Vegas, I'm older and wiser now and I've definitely learned from my mistakes

Old 01-24-2016, 04:26 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,057,802 times
Quote:
It looks like you have more bills than me, namely the car, but you will have no money problems at $15 an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I've been diagnosed with mild fibromyalgia (so far) and you have my sympathies.

Have you ever tried gabapentin? It's really cheap (with insurance) and helps me a lot. Problem is I have one of the side effects (extreme irritation - I'm a total jerk after taking it a few days) so I can't take it regularly. Just when I really hurt.
They have given me Cymbalta, Lyrica and Tramadol. Currently, I am only on Tramadol. Thanks for the suggestion. I will give that information to my doctor on my next visit.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:07 PM

49 posts, read 41,849 times
For you people suffering from fibromyalgia (or any sort of pain really), I have one word for you...

Kratom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas