Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2016, 08:41 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,058,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Stop taking it if it doesn't help. At some point the doctors office will notice you aren't refilling your script and ask why. Tell them crap they prescribe doesn't work so there's no reason to take it. No guarantee, but I've had it work for me. Of course what they gave me then wasn't any better. You might get lucky.

Or find a new doctor that actually cares about their patients well being.

One of the problems I have is how medicine affects me. I use aspirin as a sleeping pill. Two and I'm out. Taking hydrocodone or morphine ramps me up (yes up, not down) for almost 24 hours. Don't like it.
I am limited to the clinic I am at because none of the others will accept medicaid. Without the tramadol, I cannot function at all. The tramadol does work, but that isn't saying much. Without it, I am in super extreme pain all the time. With it, I am in extreme pain all the time. It does lower the pain level, but not near enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
When I went hospital for my kidney stone they gave me morphine for the pain. It did nothing. They ended up giving me 3 shots of it. Nothing. Might as well have given me sugar water. Finally, they gave me dilaudid (however it's spelled) and it worked like a charm.
They will not even give me morphine. Imagine that.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:10 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,114,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
I am limited to the clinic I am at because none of the others will accept medicaid. Without the tramadol, I cannot function at all. The tramadol does work, but that isn't saying much. Without it, I am in super extreme pain all the time. With it, I am in extreme pain all the time. It does lower the pain level, but not near enough.

You don't want it. The side effects are awful, including physical addiction.
My mom had fibromyalgia secondary to MS. It responded well to anti-inflammatory meds. Steroids particularly ( but you can't over-do those either). There are anti-inflammatory diets and supplements out there and aspirin never hurts. Yoga and meditation are also recommended.

My ex-husband has neuropathy and uses a bit of marijuana before bed to ease the pain and make him sleepy. Maybe you could get a card?

To LVOC: Tylenol PM uses diphenhydramine as its "sleep" agent. That's Benadryl.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:39 AM

1,254 posts, read 1,058,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
You don't want it. The side effects are awful, including physical addiction.
My mom had fibromyalgia secondary to MS. It responded well to anti-inflammatory meds. Steroids particularly ( but you can't over-do those either). There are anti-inflammatory diets and supplements out there and aspirin never hurts. Yoga and meditation are also recommended.

My ex-husband has neuropathy and uses a bit of marijuana before bed to ease the pain and make him sleepy. Maybe you could get a card?

To LVOC: Tylenol PM uses diphenhydramine as its "sleep" agent. That's Benadryl.
Recently, I have started taking moringa oleifera and turmeric. There is a noticeable difference, especially in how I feel. Medical marijuana is an idea, although I have never tried it. I could not smoke it, so I would have to eat it in brownies or something like that.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
Recently, I have started taking moringa oleifera and turmeric. There is a noticeable difference, especially in how I feel. Medical marijuana is an idea, although I have never tried it. I could not smoke it, so I would have to eat it in brownies or something like that.
It sounds ridiculous, but try coconut oil pulling. It's a food. So food stamps will cover it. Google it. I lost weight without trying, teeth lost their sensitivity, and other benefits.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:15 AM

990 posts, read 1,654,005 times
What is coconut oil pulling?

Old 01-28-2016, 07:11 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,492,443 times

I'm allergic to morphine. Turns the area being infused with it red and itchy and makes me feel sicker than if I had never had it.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:08 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,686,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
http://fashionista.com/2014/03/oil-pulling

Oil Pulling Wiki - Everything what you need to know about Coconut Oil and Pulling

How dental professionals can respond to 'oil pulling' patients - DentistryIQ

Old 01-28-2016, 10:47 AM

49 posts, read 41,864 times
Oil pulling sounds like quackery to me.

Geesh, a lot of people are in serious pain here...

I'd HIGHLY recommend you try Kratom rather than get addicted to prescription pain-killers.

There's a big Kratom group on Facebook with testimonial-after-testimonial...people with fibromyalgia, etc...using it to treat their pain. It works.

Old 01-28-2016, 11:21 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,492,443 times
I'm allergic to morphine. Turns the area being infused with it red and itchy and makes me feel sicker than if I had never had it.

Just ta be clear - I'm talking about morphine being given for pain in the hospital after operations. I don't look for painkillers for a hobby.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
Should You Try Oil Pulling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas