Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2016, 08:56 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,188,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
I don't care how you live your life. Other people who do eat meat were complaining about eating dogs. I was addressing them.
Ok, thank you for clarifying that.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:57 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,188,035 times
Does anyone know how long it has to take to get a package from UPS when it's been out for delivery since 5:41am and it's still not here yet???
Tracking still shows "out for delivery." But where I wonder.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:33 PM

23,059 posts, read 28,770,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
Is this what you need?

Power Window Motor Front Rear Left Right VDO WL42067 | eBay

It says it is compatible with a 1985 Celica Supra. It is brand new and only $32. All you would need to do is have someone install it.
I called this place this morning, located at Rancho/Washington, which I drove by one morning after work, called California Glass, with a sign displayed which reads: We Can Fix Stuck Windows, and they told me they could fix it for $85-$125!

This window has not been functioning for 3 years now, reason being that one mechanic told me it would cost me $500 to fix it, and I assumed, all along, that's what it would cost.

So, if indeed, they can fix it for that amount, I'll give them $200 and tell them to keep the change!

Thanks Katie for being so thoughtful and helpful!

Old 06-01-2016, 09:39 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,072,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I called this place this morning, located at Rancho/Washington, which I drove by one morning after work, called California Glass, with a sign displayed which reads: We Can Fix Stuck Windows, and they told me they could fix it for $85-$125!

This window has not been functioning for 3 years now, reason being that one mechanic told me it would cost me $500 to fix it, and I assumed, all along, that's what it would cost.

So, if indeed, they can fix it for that amount, I'll give them $200 and tell them to keep the change!

Thanks Katie for being so thoughtful and helpful!

You didn't bother checking online first? That's first place I check.

Dorman OE Solutions 742-601 - Window Motor | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Old 06-01-2016, 10:44 PM

Quote:
You didn't bother checking online first? That's first place I check.

Dorman OE Solutions 742-601 - Window Motor | O'Reilly Auto Parts
This casts a bad reflection on my current mechanic. Laziness? Him telling me he couldn't find parts for the window? I switched to Dolar's after Meyer's Automotive raised their hourly rate from $60 to $80 an hour, as Dolar's, 4 years ago, was only charging $60 an hour, and their work is largely faultless. After 4 years, their hourly rate has now risen to $95 an hour, and I think it's time to look elsewhere.

And, yes, my brother who owns a mechanic shop in Minneapolis charges $110 an hour!

And, yes, I know all too well what the dealers charge!

Old 06-01-2016, 11:19 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,389,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
lol. I did as an infant. What I should have said in my previous thread, is I wonder why people drink the milk from a cow, which is not their species. Cow milk is for baby cows. But whatever.
Udderly ridiculous.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:22 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,072,939 times
The good thing about toyota and nissan is they use the same parts on a lot of cars.

Nissan, for example, used the same engine for the z, maxima, pick up, minivan, truck, pathfinder, and xterra.
When they switched over to a new v6, all those models got that new v6 and they even added a couple like the altima and infiniti line. They use as many of the same parts as possible. Most of my cressida suspension parts with work with your supra. I'd almost bet the window motors are at least close enough to work.
Pretty much any wear item will be available for your car for many years to come. It's the oddball stuff you'll have a hard time finding like trim pieces, ash trays, stuff like that.

Old 06-02-2016, 04:30 AM

1,254 posts, read 1,048,288 times
I have always been a car gal who likes classic cars. I was watching these two on youtube.

For Tjlover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-jWW4rhgLE

For EA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT3icqIngOk

These videos were reviews that were made when they were brand new.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:08 AM

You did it again, Katie! Thanks so much! My Supra is Burgundy in color, with a factory made spoiler in the back!

I wanted one of these so badly, back in 2002, because a neighbor used to park one up the street and I feel in love with it, that I was lucky enough to find a Supra collector in Pahrump, who had one, and so I drove over there to get it!

Another Supra lover came all the way from Buffalo, NY, to buy one from him, he drove it back to Buffalo and it was stolen within the first week!

And, interestingly enough, before that, when hunting around for a car, I almost bought a Cressida that I test-drove from a buyer!

Old 06-02-2016, 09:32 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,508,579 times
Quote:
The good thing about toyota and nissan is they use the same parts on a lot of cars.

Nissan, for example, used the same engine for the z, maxima, pick up, minivan, truck, pathfinder, and xterra.
When they switched over to a new v6, all those models got that new v6 and they even added a couple like the altima and infiniti line. They use as many of the same parts as possible. Most of my cressida suspension parts with work with your supra. I'd almost bet the window motors are at least close enough to work.
Pretty much any wear item will be available for your car for many years to come. It's the oddball stuff you'll have a hard time finding like trim pieces, ash trays, stuff like that.
My Altima SE-R had one of these v6s...it's an incredible motor and I was running some maxima and z components in it that I got on the cheap from owners of those cars
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas