Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2016, 08:27 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,323,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
It's not about prolonging my life. If the past 33 years are any indication of the future I don't want another 33. I would just like to have more energy without cocaine or 30 energy drinks a day like some of these people do.

I think those energy drinks are just caffeine. Maybe some sugar and amino acids are added. The whole package is probably gives the placebo effect.

Do people take cocaine for energy?

Old 07-01-2016, 08:59 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post

Yeah. I know some people who do cocaine like scarface for the energy.
This guy who ran a Corvette shop in NC had a drawer in his tool box literally filled with cocaine. Several pounds of cocaine. All the guys he had working with him would get a bump every time they went to get a tool. These dudes would work 2 weeks straight. 24 hours a day.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:23 AM

Quote:
This guy who ran a Corvette shop in NC had a drawer in his tool box literally filled with cocaine. Several pounds of cocaine. All the guys he had working with him would get a bump every time they went to get a tool. These dudes would work 2 weeks straight. 24 hours a day.
You're teasing me. My guess is the longest a person can stay awake is a week with amphetamines.

I'm one of the original fans of Scarface, before it became a cult movie.

Old 07-02-2016, 01:26 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Oh sure, taking drugs is so healthy. (not) Look what happens to the rich and famous that die from accidental drug overdoses. Do not be like them.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:26 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
Quote:
You're teasing me. My guess is the longest a person can stay awake is a week with amphetamines.

They did meth too, but they didn't have a drawer full of it like they did cocaine. I'm sure they took short naps, but they worked 24-7. I didn't hang out over there, but a good friend of mine lived across the street from them. They kept him awake all hours of the night running air compressors and impacts. He usually had 3-4 guys working with him. He paid them in cocaine. They were so drugged out they had their own language. They'd come over to my friend's house and try to ask things. We had no idea what they were saying. One of the guys was real bad. He was changing a tire and it exploded right next to his face. He had no idea anything had happened. (our z group met at the friend's house we were there a lot) We heard the bang and looked over and saw the dust cloud it had created. We went over to see if anybody needed help and he was sitting there undoing lug nuts, face bloody, like nothing happened. Blew his ear drums out. He didn't even notice the steel belts in the tire jabbing his leg. A 30 second video of this guy should be all the PSA anyone needs to stay off drugs.

And for the record, I don't do drugs, nor was I suggesting it as a means of energy. I was simply saying I wanted a more natural means to produce more energy for myself. Usually when I say something about needing more energy people say things like "pound a redbull" or "do some lines" and that's why I said something about it.

If you dig a little further into him you'll find where he lost his pilot's license and was banned from Florida for trafficking cocaine from Columbia.

https://www.justice.gov/archive/usao...12-jun-07.html

Old 07-02-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I would just like to have more energy without cocaine or 30 energy drinks a day like some of these people do.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
They did meth too, but they didn't have a drawer full of it like they did cocaine. I'm sure they took short naps, but they worked 24-7. I didn't hang out over there, but a good friend of mine lived across the street from them. They kept him awake all hours of the night running air compressors and impacts. He usually had 3-4 guys working with him. He paid them in cocaine. They were so drugged out they had their own language. They'd come over to my friend's house and try to ask things. We had no idea what they were saying. One of the guys was real bad. He was changing a tire and it exploded right next to his face. He had no idea anything had happened. (our z group met at the friend's house we were there a lot) We heard the bang and looked over and saw the dust cloud it had created. We went over to see if anybody needed help and he was sitting there undoing lug nuts, face bloody, like nothing happened. Blew his ear drums out. He didn't even notice the steel belts in the tire jabbing his leg. A 30 second video of this guy should be all the PSA anyone needs to stay off drugs.

And for the record, I don't do drugs, nor was I suggesting it as a means of energy. I was simply saying I wanted a more natural means to produce more energy for myself. Usually when I say something about needing more energy people say things like "pound a redbull" or "do some lines" and that's why I said something about it.

If you dig a little further into him you'll find where he lost his pilot's license and was banned from Florida for trafficking cocaine from Columbia.

https://www.justice.gov/archive/usao...12-jun-07.html

That's an incredible story. I thought you were teasing about all that cocaine.

Old 07-03-2016, 08:21 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
The Strip is The Zoo the Scorpions talk about in their 1979 megahit.

https://youtu.be/JfyaRQIbOWM

Old 07-05-2016, 09:36 AM

23,221 posts, read 29,044,905 times
What's the July 4th celebration all about anyway? Tobacco!

The tobacco-addicted Brits, who didn't have the soil to grow good tobacco over there, knew the best tobacco land was in Virginia, and they wanted it, badly!

Thomas Jefferson & George Washington were tobacco plantation owners, and they weren't about to surrender their tobacco farms to the Brits. War is declared!

Benjamin Franklin, when negotiating a loan with the bankers in tobacco-addicted France, the bankers wanted 5 million pounds of tobacco as collateral for the loan, money we needed to help to finance the war with the Brits!

I read all that in a book Tobacco/A Cultural History of How An Exotic Plant Seduced The World, by Iain Gately.

So! Were you a true, proud American yesterday and either smoked a cigarette, a cigar or a pipe? Or, like the South American Indians did, way-way back, they brewed tobacco like tea, and drank it, no damage to the lungs using it that way, but the hazards of taking your nicotine that way, it can trigger hallucinations! But doesn't that sound like fun!!! Lol!

Old 07-08-2016, 03:13 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Hi everyone! I would like to drop in and make a quick update. I am now 9 months sober, and
I have decided I am done with drinking for good! Unbelievably, I have found fitness to be my
true passion, and I might become a personal trainer. I am going to post a picture of me how
I looked at the City Data meetup, and what I look like now. Who would ever believe that I
could have gone from a 200 pound alcoholic drinking 20 shots of vodka a day, to an athletic 160
pound guy. I am 5 foot 11, by the way. Just goes to show what I could do after I truly
dedicated myself to something positive. I am 41 years old now, and look better than most 20
year olds. On May 22nd, I went to the gas station near my house and met this gorgeous 23 year old woman who is now my girlfriend. I love her very much! I had not even had a date for the last 16 years! I was extremely lonely for the longest time! It is unreal how well everything has been going for me lately. I am glad alcohol is finally out my life! Comments and constructive criticism is encouraged. Thanks everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Las Vegas Chat Thread ~ Part-1-13439223_1581415375489419_1032152960509336133_n.jpg   The Official Las Vegas Chat Thread ~ Part-1-13620240_1584663795164577_1472207506243218790_n.jpg  

Old 07-08-2016, 05:34 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Excellent news, las vegas drunk! So good to hear that you're sober and you've found a woman you love. And that you're enjoying working out so much, too. Keep it all up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas