Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2016, 11:04 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,400,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Oddly enough, I love looking out into my garage with no vehicle there but my 3 bikes, and navigating by bike, to the bar last night and to Jack in the Box for burgers.
Please send tacos...many, many tacos at 2-for-a-buck!

Old 07-23-2016, 02:50 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,498,749 times
This is not a reflection of my opinion, but I have to post it anyway.

Old 07-23-2016, 03:08 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,196,884 times
^^Thank you for spreading more BS on the internet.

Old 07-24-2016, 12:20 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,498,749 times
I appreciate your lack of humor. I don't care how or what you eat, but sometimes you need to see the funny in a stupid comment.

Old 07-24-2016, 02:17 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,124,829 times
Hello Everyone! Unfortunately, I have bad news to report. Ashley left me last week, and it is for good. We had a huge fight and she said I am a loser with no ambition. She is 18 years younger than me, and wants kids. No, no, and hell no to that. Not for me at all! I am still really hurt over it as I miss her, but I am proud of myself that I did not once even think about drinking to numb the pain. I now need to focus on getting in even better shape while lowering my body fat levels more. I'll be ok. I really think I need to look for someone my own age. In my defense, Ashley was the one who said hi and kept staring at me at the gas station. She was so pretty that I could not resist, but now I wish I just would have ignored her. No more young girls for me!

On another note, today I called Adam Roberts (Aqualung 8705), and he told me he has been in St Joes's Rehab for 13 months now. No one has come to visit him, so let's change that. He gave me permission give out his contact info via DM. [MOD SNIP] If you can call him that is good, but visiting him is much better! I will be visiting him within the next couple weeks. He asked me and whoever else who can come to bring some Reese's peanut butter cups. He said he really misses them. I feel really bad for him since he told me he has been bedridden for over a year. He is in my prayers, so let us brighten things up for him.

I also see there is a vegetarian vs. meat eater debate. I will add my personal experience. It was not until I cut out all carbohydrates including fruits and vegetables, that I was able to lose weight. Out of desperation, I tried the ketogenic diet and it worked! All I eat now is red meat, cheese, butter and heavy cream. Coffee and water are my only beverages. I never could have lost weight if I was still drinking alcohol. And yes, I do know that vegetables and fruits are very nutritious, but IMO, they are not to be eaten if you are trying to lose body fat. The segment below backs it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJtEO_U-JZQ

Last edited by ElleTea; 07-25-2016 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: Posting personal contact info in a message is not allowed per TOS even if you have permission. So sorry :(

Old 07-24-2016, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I appreciate your lack of humor. I don't care how or what you eat, but sometimes you need to see the funny in a stupid comment.
I actually used to have a good sense of humor. But with all these attacks on people that eat differently that never seem to stop, I kind of lost it.
I am just fed up with anything related to it.
I have seen that sign before and did not think it was funny then either.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:08 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,038,503 times
Actually, LVD, it's important that you add some vegetables back to your diet now that you have gotten to your fighting weight. Grains- you can walk away from forever, but leafy greens like spinach play an important role in the human diet.

Good old Dr. Atkins ( the original low carb diet ) even recommended three cups of leafy greens per day. He recommended limiting starchy vegetables such a carrots or potatoes, and using sweet fruits sparingly, focusing on those that provide the biggest nutritional punch vs. carb load. Fruit juice, such as OJ is a big no-no.

Sorry to hear about your relationship. Breakups are never fun.

I'll try to get over to see Aqualung. I had my picture taken with him years ago, but I don't know if I have it anymore. It might have made him smile.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:11 AM

LVD, Anything on Dr. Oz I do not take seriously. For what it is worth, I eat a whole foods plant based diet, no oil. I eat high carb. Which is fruits, vegetables, whole grains, potatoes, sweet potatoes. I follow Dr. McDougalls protocol. And raw. I have lost almost 40 lbs in the last year. And I feel so much better than before. It was when I cheated and ate dairy products, since I do not eat meat at all and have not for decades, I could never lose any weight.
Plus, my blood pressure stays normal while I do this. I did not want to end up in the hospital again like last year and I am a totally different person than I was last year when I was laying in ICU not knowing if I would make it through the night.
I take my health seriously these days and want to live a longer and much healthier life. To each their own. What works for you would never work for me. And I would never want to try it, since it involves animal protein.

Sorry about Ashley.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:08 AM

9,478 posts, read 12,219,945 times

Old 07-24-2016, 01:24 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,038,503 times
For my vegan friends. Enjoy.

V e g a n D a d: New York Deli Rye: Baking Through the Bread Baker's Apprentice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas