Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2016, 11:21 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,662,283 times

Advertisements

Sorry, but it's either Primm or over the AZ border.

Old 11-26-2016, 12:55 PM

2,846 posts, read 4,516,151 times
or shoshone, ca - just 30 mins west of pahrump

Old 11-26-2016, 03:02 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,152,099 times
Yeah I am thinking with traffic I would prefer Az this weekend ..just trying to figure out which town to drive to

Mainly get out of the house for a couple hours. Any suggestions for close border towns?

Any of them have cool things to see? do ?

maybe a diner ?

Old 12-06-2016, 07:44 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,489,189 times
The Official Las Vegas Chat Thread ~ Part-1-quiche.jpg
Loving the brand new Cafe Breizh in Spring Valley. Delicious food it has only been open less than a week and I've been back three times now. A former chef from Wynn opening his own restaurant.

Off the Vegas Strip

Old 12-14-2016, 08:28 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
One of the big pluses of living in Las Vegas, cheap air fares to wherever!

My Xmas present this year: San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, best modern art museum on the West Coast. Will Las Vegas ever have one?????

$49 one way. Took the earliest flight (7:25am), took the last flight back (9:50pm). Took BART to the museum. A whole room full of Chuck Close and Paul Klee paintings, my favorites, along with a room full of Warhol's, and lots of others.

They just completed the doubling of the size of the museum ($25 entry fee), 7 floors of modern art, the most modern on the 7th floor, and becoming less modern as you go down to the bottom floors, the 2nd floor having their permanent collection.

Some of the art on the 7th floor is quite extreme, so just a warning! Like the room full of caskets with some grass growing out the tops, and room full of black sand (which you can walk on) with a big broken mirror. I get the message of the artist, but still!

After 4-5 hours at the museum, a stroll thru Chinatown, another stroll through the Mexican Mission district, then back to the Airport!

The daughter of Bennet, former owner of the Sahara, is superheading an $80 million fund drive to build a contemporary art museum in Symphony Park. Given the wealth in this city, let's hope we finally get one!

Old 12-19-2016, 11:53 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Was channel surfing last night and stumbled onto the Hoarders episode featuring Lonnie Hammargren and his three-house Las Vegas museum. What a delusional guy. Has no idea what his stuff is really worth, and he's 750,000 in debt. Feel sorry for his wife. While he tried to say otherwise, it clearly came down to his stuff meaning far more to him than she does. Glad he's not practicing neurosurgery any more....

Old 12-23-2016, 02:34 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
One of the big pluses of living in Las Vegas, cheap air fares to wherever!

My Xmas present this year: San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, best modern art museum on the West Coast. Will Las Vegas ever have one?????

$49 one way. Took the earliest flight (7:25am), took the last flight back (9:50pm). Took BART to the museum. A whole room full of Chuck Close and Paul Klee paintings, my favorites, along with a room full of Warhol's, and lots of others.

They just completed the doubling of the size of the museum ($25 entry fee), 7 floors of modern art, the most modern on the 7th floor, and becoming less modern as you go down to the bottom floors, the 2nd floor having their permanent collection.

Some of the art on the 7th floor is quite extreme, so just a warning! Like the room full of caskets with some grass growing out the tops, and room full of black sand (which you can walk on) with a big broken mirror. I get the message of the artist, but still!

After 4-5 hours at the museum, a stroll thru Chinatown, another stroll through the Mexican Mission district, then back to the Airport!

The daughter of Bennet, former owner of the Sahara, is superheading an $80 million fund drive to build a contemporary art museum in Symphony Park. Given the wealth in this city, let's hope we finally get one!
get on Frontier Airlines Email Blast.... i've seen San Francisco for $19. including fees (not bags of course).. I think Colorado Springs was also $19. Nashville was $59

Old 12-23-2016, 06:49 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
^ I've learned my lesson well, flying an airline that has too many gaps in their schedules. SW has 16 flights to L.A. every day, and 14 to San Diego, and as many to San Francisco. It's happened! I booked a flight before the last flight, and, not enough passengers, you wait for the next flight or they use the excuse of mechanical delays.

I know someone who came out here on Spirit, a super cheap rate, and his night flight was canceled, and at the time, 2 flights a day, he had to wait until 2pm the next day. No thanks!

I'll happily pay the extra price!

Next month I'm going to meet a cousin, in Phoenix, and we're going to do the Heard and Phoenix Art Museums, a one day trip, and I paid $101 one way on SW, 2X what I paid for San Francisco, also double the distance.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:23 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
Makes sense.. I've never had an issue with frontier though

Old 12-24-2016, 04:09 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Summerlin is expanding again. Contrary to the belief of some Summerlin expects to grow significantly in 2017 and may double in population over the next 20 years...

Rebounding Summerlin plans to open 9 new neighborhoods in 2017 | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Reports also indicate that November was a very strong RE month. That is unusual as it is normally quite weak and the last quarter has been pretty much flat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas