Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2017, 11:36 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,277,930 times

Advertisements

I did see a few new neighborhoods popping up and some of the colors were a pale rose, forest green, a muted blue. Now why can't I paint my place a pale rose? At least let us paint our door a different color than ugly grey/brown. It matches our ugly grey/brown garage door. The newer communities actually have different color doors: green, red, blue, even a yellow. Have one street all green doors. The next all red. And so on. That way it still looks "neater."

I hated the brown colors of everything long before we moved to Las Vegas. i first noticed the ugly colors from when we used to visit Las Vegas from California back in the early 1990's. St. George, Utah started doing that for new homes as well. I am tired of having my home blend in with dirt.

Old 06-02-2017, 05:52 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,571,323 times
Just popping in to say hello to all of you. And give the old regulars who knew me before an update

Can't believe I've been here a year now, I wish I knew where the time has gone but I don't own a watch 😂😂

-Still working at Omnia Nightclub, manager loves my job performance and says I'm next in line for a promotion. Planning to save up for a sports car and eventually a house either in Summerlin or Centennial Hills

-I have a new gf now. We've been official for about 2 months now. She's a bartender and I was a regular customer of hers, we ended up becoming best friends and I fell for her first...I initially kept quiet out of fear I'd lose her friendship and a few months later she told me she'd fallen for me as well and now we're a happy couple. She's nothing like the girl I dated when I first lived here 7 years ago. My girl is so down to earth, loving, supportive and so much fun to be with. I can't recall a time in my life I've ever been this happy and for the first time in my life I don't feel depressed and lonely like I had before

-I've developed great friendships with my coworkers as well and have regular outings with them. Parkway Tavern on Flamingo and 215 is our watering hole on Wednesday nights

Gotta say when I came back here last year I was scared history would repeat itself, but considering how life is going, I could not be happier with the decision to come back, even though I still miss Orlando, FL like crazy

Old 06-02-2017, 03:15 PM

654 posts, read 1,322,474 times
Glad to hear it Davie.

Some of it is likely maturity, having learned some life lessons the first go around. It's certainly OK to make mistakes; be sure to LEARN from them & don't REPEAT them. Sounds like you're on that path.

Never stop learning & keep your head on your shoulders. You'd be amazed how much good decisions & common sense can factor in to your happiness.

My suggestion would be to focus on a house; even tho that sports car looks sexy, it's always a depreciating asset & if you already have a car that runs well don't mess with it. You have to pay to live somewhere & a house will generally appreciate over time.

Keep us updated. I hope things keep going well.

Old 06-15-2017, 01:10 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,571,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delgadobb View Post
Glad to hear it Davie.

Some of it is likely maturity, having learned some life lessons the first go around. It's certainly OK to make mistakes; be sure to LEARN from them & don't REPEAT them. Sounds like you're on that path.

Never stop learning & keep your head on your shoulders. You'd be amazed how much good decisions & common sense can factor in to your happiness.

My suggestion would be to focus on a house; even tho that sports car looks sexy, it's always a depreciating asset & if you already have a car that runs well don't mess with it. You have to pay to live somewhere & a house will generally appreciate over time.

Keep us updated. I hope things keep going well.
I took my gf to Centennial Hills on Monday and showed her around, she's lived here 12 years and didn't know much about the area (she lives by palace station & does t generally go too far out her neighborhood) she loved it. We've looked at homes for rent in the 89130, 89131, & 89149 zips respectively and have found plenty of options in our price range. Even though both of our jobs are either in the strip or strip adjacent, we're both looking forward to being somewhere quiet and peaceful.

This will come after my promotion of course, as I have a lot of furniture I want to buy. We're looking at 3 bedroom places because I told her I wanted a man cave and she wants a woman cave as well. If we're entertaining any out of town friends or family members they'll be more than welcome to stay with us as a rent a car and a 35 minute drive to the strip would be better than them spending $200+ a night on a hotel.

It's just been truly great and amazing to finally have somebody I see a future with. The craziest thing of all is she is 20 years my senior and yet we seem to get along perfectly, I guess as I'm an older soul and she's a younger soul and we somehow meet in the middle

Old 06-16-2017, 09:43 PM

621 posts, read 538,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I took my gf to Centennial Hills on Monday and showed her around, she's lived here 12 years and didn't know much about the area (she lives by palace station & does t generally go too far out her neighborhood) she loved it. We've looked at homes for rent in the 89130, 89131, & 89149 zips respectively and have found plenty of options in our price range. Even though both of our jobs are either in the strip or strip adjacent, we're both looking forward to being somewhere quiet and peaceful.

This will come after my promotion of course, as I have a lot of furniture I want to buy. We're looking at 3 bedroom places because I told her I wanted a man cave and she wants a woman cave as well. If we're entertaining any out of town friends or family members they'll be more than welcome to stay with us as a rent a car and a 35 minute drive to the strip would be better than them spending $200+ a night on a hotel.

It's just been truly great and amazing to finally have somebody I see a future with. The craziest thing of all is she is 20 years my senior and yet we seem to get along perfectly, I guess as I'm an older soul and she's a younger soul and we somehow meet in the middle
Good for you, man. I love it out here. About the only thing missing is someone decent to spend time with.

Old 06-17-2017, 04:53 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,110,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I did see a few new neighborhoods popping up and some of the colors were a pale rose, forest green, a muted blue. Now why can't I paint my place a pale rose? At least let us paint our door a different color than ugly grey/brown. It matches our ugly grey/brown garage door. The newer communities actually have different color doors: green, red, blue, even a yellow. Have one street all green doors. The next all red. And so on. That way it still looks "neater."

I hated the brown colors of everything long before we moved to Las Vegas. i first noticed the ugly colors from when we used to visit Las Vegas from California back in the early 1990's. St. George, Utah started doing that for new homes as well. I am tired of having my home blend in with dirt.
In my dad's neighborhood, they have doors in blues and greens and such, but it does little to break up the monotony. I've never been in a neighborhood as conformist as this one. I have driven to the wrong house more than once. The HOA even regulates the plants in people's yards. Ugh.

When I had my house near you, I painted my door a deep maroonish red that sort of matched the tile on the roof. It looked better than the bland beige that the place came with. In Jonathan's neighborhood, they are all about the pale blues and greys, so it's very different than most of town, but I can't say I was a big fan.

I do like this one development over by Cimmaron HS. They have pale yellow, beige, white, or green walls and slate or black roof tiles and garage doors.

I agree on the pale rose. It looks nice in the desert and is complemented by the tile. You see it a lot in New Mexico, Sedona, etc.

Old 06-17-2017, 05:01 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,110,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpypotpie View Post
Good for you, man. I love it out here. About the only thing missing is someone decent to spend time with.
I bought my first house out in that area back when it was known as Elkhorn Springs. There was nothing but pristine desert out there back then ( which is why a really nice house was so affordable ). I can't believe how much it's grown now.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:33 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,679,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
In my dad's neighborhood, they have doors in blues and greens and such, but it does little to break up the monotony. I've never been in a neighborhood as conformist as this one. I have driven to the wrong house more than once. The HOA even regulates the plants in people's yards. Ugh.

When I had my house near you, I painted my door a deep maroonish red that sort of matched the tile on the roof. It looked better than the bland beige that the place came with. In Jonathan's neighborhood, they are all about the pale blues and greys, so it's very different than most of town, but I can't say I was a big fan.

I do like this one development over by Cimmaron HS. They have pale yellow, beige, white, or green walls and slate or black roof tiles and garage doors.

I agree on the pale rose. It looks nice in the desert and is complemented by the tile. You see it a lot in New Mexico, Sedona, etc.
We have a fire hydrant and a huge red stripe on the curb in front of our house.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:39 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,338,167 times
We have our house number in 10 inch numbers on our rear wall which faces the stop sign intersection of our street and our cross street. Very hard to miss coming from the two likely directions. People still cannot find our house. People coming from the other two directions are virtually certain to be locals as you have to wind around a bit to get there.

Old 06-17-2017, 04:01 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,860,569 times
While some HOA rules prohibit this display of the US Flag except for identified holidays, I've read that rule is not enforceable. So, you could display the US Flag without risking an HOA fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas