Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2018, 09:12 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times

Advertisements

Elkotronics: You actually need a prescription for 800mg of Tylenol/Ibuprofen? Sheesh! You can buy them over the counter in any pharmacy in Mexico! And you're very close to Mexico!

tijlover - that was back in 2010 when we were living in Elko that my doctor prescribed that pain medicine for my right knee. It went away, but it was from the Glucosomine/Chondroitin horsepills, not from anything the doctor prescribed. I can thank my wife for thinking of that - she bought them from the Wal*Mart she stocked shelves in at night there in Elko!

Are you moving to Tucson, tijlover? I have seen you out and aboot asking questions. If you don't mind New Mexico a bit more eastward, you could consider Las Cruces or Alamogordo or even Silver City, NM. Affordable housing in Alamogordo, work is good here and it's a small town with lots of hiking opportunities all over the place. It's cooler than Tucson, too, it gets cooler at night and in the morning as we're right at the base of the Sacramento Mountains, the southern-most flank of the Rocky Mountains.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:16 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I'm going to be 70 on May 5th. Now there's two us who don't care if anyone knows their age.

I started turning white at 16. I've been there a looong time.

I was born with a book in one hand and a deck of cards in the other. I always have a book on the table next to me. Usually Science Fiction. I'm always ready to play cards, or any other good game for that matter. Relearning Bridge at my "advanced" age. lol.
We have the same birthday, though I will not be turning 70

Old 05-02-2018, 10:27 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
We have the same birthday, though I will not be turning 70

Too far away to have a margarita together. When we lived in Des Moines and went to Chi-Chis all the time we knew the bar manager and the restaurant manager (husband and wife) and I always got free margs on my birthday, or whenever they came out with a new flavor. If it was just the wife and
I we both got them. In a crowd, no.

I'd lol if your name was Vicky.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:37 AM

5,103 posts, read 8,602,405 times
Happy early birthday, Tek! I hope you find somewhere with awesome margaritas for a bday drink.

Happy early birthday to you, ElleTea! I'm glad AZ is working out for you.

It's finally spring back in Des Moines. There are tornado warnings on tap for later this afternoon, LOL!

Old 05-02-2018, 11:07 AM

Probably BJ's. Great food and great drinks. I've learned to set my hearing aids to telephone mode with the active aid on her side. That way what she says goes to both ears. All the background noise on her side does too, but it certainly helps.

And when did I end up being 70? Just last year I was 25, I swear! Mentally around 16 or so...

Old 05-02-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Too far away to have a margarita together. When we lived in Des Moines and went to Chi-Chis all the time we knew the bar manager and the restaurant manager (husband and wife) and I always got free margs on my birthday, or whenever they came out with a new flavor. If it was just the wife and
I we both got them. In a crowd, no.

I'd lol if your name was Vicky.
I'll be in Vegas this weekend for Cinco! We will be at Nacho Daddy for sure, not sure where else. There is also an event at the Linq Promenade with the running of the chihuahuas! Chi Chis closed shortly after I moved to Des Moines in 2001, so I didn't get there often but we would go to the ones in the Quad Cities before then. (No my name is not Vicky.)

In Des Moines I was all about el Rodeo, though I read the owner ran into some trouble recently (owed like $800K in back wages to employees), so hopefully they don't close before my next visit! I lived near the one on Euclid so I was there at least weekly, but I had friends in Waukee so we'd go to the one on University right off the freeway in Clive, too. She knew the bartender there and he always had great stories about Mexico.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:43 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,602,405 times
Tek, I know the feeling! I was 30 last I knew. Where did I get all of these aches and pains?

ElleTea, el Rodeo on Euclid looked closed the last few times I've been by -- no cars in the parking lot.

Old 05-02-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post

ElleTea, el Rodeo on Euclid looked closed the last few times I've been by -- no cars in the parking lot.
That makes me very, very, very sad. It was my home away from home and where we had my going away party when I moved.

There Facebook page has a post from as recently as April 22, so hopefully they are still open!

Old 05-02-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
I'll be in Vegas this weekend for Cinco! We will be at Nacho Daddy for sure, not sure where else. There is also an event at the Linq Promenade with the running of the chihuahuas! Chi Chis closed shortly after I moved to Des Moines in 2001, so I didn't get there often but we would go to the ones in the Quad Cities before then. (No my name is not Vicky.)

In Des Moines I was all about el Rodeo, though I read the owner ran into some trouble recently (owed like $800K in back wages to employees), so hopefully they don't close before my next visit! I lived near the one on Euclid so I was there at least weekly, but I had friends in Waukee so we'd go to the one on University right off the freeway in Clive, too. She knew the bartender there and he always had great stories about Mexico.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
Tek, I know the feeling! I was 30 last I knew. Where did I get all of these aches and pains?

Quote:
That makes me very, very, very sad. It was my home away from home and where we had my going away party when I moved.

There Facebook page has a post from as recently as April 22, so hopefully they are still open!
Tasty Tacos fans? Man I miss those. When I worked in the NE corner I went there for lunch all the time. Pepper rings and antacid! Tenderloin sandwiches. I've found two places here that make them, and neither knows how to fix one correctly.

LOL! Old Home Week!

Old 05-02-2018, 08:29 PM

Quote:

I had to know. I called the el Rodeo on Euclid. They are open
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas