Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2020, 10:09 AM

8,414 posts, read 4,571,146 times

Advertisements

You don't listen do you? That would explain how you've remained so ill-informed for this long.

Quote:
The first world referred to the NATO countries which included the United States, Canada, Japan, the countries comprising the Western Europe, and other allies. The Second World referred to the Soviet Union, China, Cuba, and their allies. The Third World was a group of nations, which was aligned neither to the NATO countries or the Communist bloc.

Old 02-03-2020, 02:27 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times
You don't listen do you? That would explain how you've remained so ill-informed for this long.

Are you someone who really likes things in certain categories or they can't enjoy a hot cup of coffee and a donut? Sort of what Dick Cavett would be like but Dick Cavett's not as rude as you. You're sort of like Joy Behar on The View. As long as everyone agrees with her she's all "pass the oatmeal raisin cookies" and milk.

But is it the fact that I dislike moronic countries like China that spawn a megavirus then blame the U.S. for wanting abrupt quaranting? Or, is it that I call them a 3rd World nation satirically because I don't respect them nor do I live in fear of them. I hear people say "boy, that China really scares me." Like they're the New World Order U.S.S.R. or something. Uhh...no. I suspect their "military" people would stub their fingers trying to hit the right "go" war button.

Hence, 3rd world country, not 2nd. I'll just use my definition, thank you very much. If you'd like to report me to the national naming police, knock yourself out, Sparky.

Old 02-03-2020, 02:34 PM

395 posts, read 272,252 times
PSA:
Don't feed the trolls

Old 02-04-2020, 06:45 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

Are you someone who really likes things in certain categories or they can't enjoy a hot cup of coffee and a donut? Sort of what Dick Cavett would be like but Dick Cavett's not as rude as you. You're sort of like Joy Behar on The View. As long as everyone agrees with her she's all "pass the oatmeal raisin cookies" and milk.

But is it the fact that I dislike moronic countries like China that spawn a megavirus then blame the U.S. for wanting abrupt quaranting? Or, is it that I call them a 3rd World nation satirically because I don't respect them nor do I live in fear of them. I hear people say "boy, that China really scares me." Like they're the New World Order U.S.S.R. or something. Uhh...no. I suspect their "military" people would stub their fingers trying to hit the right "go" war button.

Hence, 3rd world country, not 2nd. I'll just use my definition, thank you very much. If you'd like to report me to the national naming police, knock yourself out, Sparky.

Who is Dick Cavett?

Oh, and please stop bickering, everyone

Old 02-04-2020, 07:26 AM

This is Dick Cavett. You have ta be an old person ta know Dick Cavett. Unless your Mom or Dad happened to like him and actually mentioned him in casual conversation to you. He was good as a TV host and interviewer. Good sense of humour.

https://youtu.be/Rd3U0GGwP_A

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-03-2020 at 01:02 PM..

Old 02-04-2020, 04:15 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
I get so tired of how almost every thread, and now the chat thread, has to turn into a stupid argument. Is that all people do anymore?

Old 02-04-2020, 05:40 PM

I get so tired of how almost every thread, and now the chat thread, has to turn into a stupid argument. Is that all people do anymore?

Arguing? Nah. Learn and have fun. See something good in the various things life offers. If someone is depressed there's friends and/or counselors to help them. Dr. Phil is doing a work that friends sometimes do for their depressed or sick friends, only he gets paid a King's ransom for it.

I'm not suggesting you're depressed, Pink String, I'm just saying that sniping on the internet people engage in might be a sign that someone's depressed. Japanese men that are deemed to be underperformers at work jump off of buildings to their deaths. That is sick, and that is sad.

All I'm saying is call out for help before offing yourself. I'm not kidding. Kids that are bullied kill theirselves because of online and in-person put-downs by bullies. That is needless and it's sad.

I agree, let's pick up the positivity (of course I'm looking at myself, too, I'm not exempt from this) around here!

Old 02-04-2020, 05:52 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

Arguing? Nah. Learn and have fun. See something good in the various things life offers. If someone is depressed there's friends and/or counselors to help them. Dr. Phil is doing a work that friends sometimes do for their depressed or sick friends, only he gets paid a King's ransom for it.

I'm not suggesting you're depressed, Pink String, I'm just saying that sniping on the internet people engage in might be a sign that someone's depressed. Japanese men that are deemed to be underperformers at work jump off of buildings to their deaths. That is sick, and that is sad.

All I'm saying is call out for help before offing yourself. I'm not kidding. Kids that are bullied kill theirselves because of online and in-person put-downs by bullies. That is needless and it's sad.

I agree, let's pick up the positivity (of course I'm looking at myself, too, I'm not exempt from this) around here!

I wonder why every single thread turns into an argument, and you have the nerve to say I am depressed? What the hell? I am not the one arguing, it's you and all of your pals. Quit the arguing and quit insinuating things that you know nothing about.

Old 02-04-2020, 06:09 PM

I wonder why every single thread turns into an argument, and you have the nerve to say I am depressed? What the hell? I am not the one arguing, it's you and all of your pals. Quit the arguing and quit insinuating things that you know nothing about.

PinkString - that's just what I was trying to stave off - someone misconstruing what I meant by my last post. I was trying to say that I wasn't talking about you regarding these matters. I was talking about the rest of us, myself included!

You're exempt! I am probably to blame for most of the sniping. If you'll re-read my post you'll see that I said that I don't mean you, PinkString. Since I was replying to you I didn't want you to get the impression that I was talking about you.

I was talking to anybody on the Official Las Vegas Chat Thread. I leave in peace, without saying 'peace out.'
Peace to all!

Old 02-04-2020, 07:49 PM

1,086 posts, read 745,106 times
It's not just the Vegas message board. It's everything. Politics most notably of course. It's not great when the president of a country makes fun of people on twitter. Sports teams have to be rivals and have to act like those rivalries matter. Kids in school fight to have the highest, most crazy, GPAs even if it means they sleep 4 hours a night. It's life in the 21st century. More peace would be good. More peace and less stress! What's the saying about act locally!? Let's start here with more peace. Happy 2020 to all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas