Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2020, 03:09 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times

Advertisements

I’m Giving Up in Ever Getting Any Unemployment at this Point (NV)

Filed March 16. It’s now April 6 and I STILL won’t be getting my unemployment benefits this week. Because of “deductible income”

I received about $790 of unused PTO on my final paycheck (this was a permanent layoff) And when I filed my initial claim it asked if I’d be receiving any vacation, severance, etc pay to which I checked “Yes”. I guess that’s where I went wrong. My now ex coworkers (who also got unused PTO on their checks) all checked “No” and they’re all getting their money no problem

My benefit is supposed to be $366 a week, I haven’t gotten a dime. I finally got thru to the unemployment office last week and they said my case is “in adjudication” and that I may get a call to verify everything. Yeah I guess they couldn’t do that on the phone. Anyways they told me they “have literally no idea when or if” I’ll get any money.

I also received an email on April 2, in response to one I sent March 20 about what the deal was with deductible income. They told me faxing my final paystub would speed up the process. Couldn’t fax it because the line was jammed. So I mailed it out the old fashioned way. Who tf knows what’s gonna happen now

I give up at this point. Doesn’t seem like I’m ever going to get any unemployment. And I’ll just burn thru my savings and file bankruptcy

Old 04-06-2020, 06:23 AM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,003 times
Davie,

You will end up getting $966 a week for the first 4 months. That is way too much money to just let it go. You need to contact the unemployment attorney below as they can tell you your best option to get your money. They know how to deal with them and will get you what you are owed.

https://hkm.com/lasvegas/unemployment-appeals/

Old 04-06-2020, 08:50 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
I can't decide if I want to get a wrangler 4 door or a 4 seat polaris rzr turbo.
Assuming the econony comes back, of course.

Ya know, EA, what another vehicle is that Mrs. elkotronics and I both like? The Jeep Renegade. Thing is, Jeep overcharges for the rig about $10,000. Because it's...a Jeep! What else?

Old 04-06-2020, 08:51 AM

RIP English Dave

I didn't chat on here with him too much and never met him in person. RIP English Dave

I wish the very best for his grieving survivors.

Old 04-06-2020, 09:04 AM

I’m Giving Up in Ever Getting Any Unemployment at this Point (NV)

Filed March 16. It’s now April 6 and I STILL won’t be getting my unemployment benefits this week. Because of “deductible income”

I received about $790 of unused PTO on my final paycheck (this was a permanent layoff) And when I filed my initial claim it asked if I’d be receiving any vacation, severance, etc pay to which I checked “Yes”. I guess that’s where I went wrong. My now ex coworkers (who also got unused PTO on their checks) all checked “No” and they’re all getting their money no problem

My benefit is supposed to be $366 a week, I haven’t gotten a dime. I finally got thru to the unemployment office last week and they said my case is “in adjudication” and that I may get a call to verify everything. Yeah I guess they couldn’t do that on the phone. Anyways they told me they “have literally no idea when or if” I’ll get any money.

I also received an email on April 2, in response to one I sent March 20 about what the deal was with deductible income. They told me faxing my final paystub would speed up the process. Couldn’t fax it because the line was jammed. So I mailed it out the old fashioned way. Who tf knows what’s gonna happen now

I give up at this point. Doesn’t seem like I’m ever going to get any unemployment. And I’ll just burn thru my savings and file bankruptcy

DavieJ89 - you can, of course, do what you want, but I encourage you to do what Katie the heartbreaker suggested and get some help getting this ship unstuck in the Nevada ice growth. I have been in your shoes before, had ta borrow $399.65 to make my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS payment in one of the mid-2012 months. Borrowed it from my sister and paid her back the next month, after the State of Idaho paid me a $1,500 retroactive payment for their own delays figuring out my case.

I had to go on the phone with a judge, it was an actual State Hearing, they just wanted some information about what happened between this job and that job, where I was currently at (we were in Coeur d' Alene, ID) and what did I intend ta do in the immediate future. It took about 20 minutes on the phone, the complaining party who made up the bogus "complaint" of me that, of course, didn't make any sense and was totally bogus, didn't show up on the phone line to represent himself in the Hearing!

The judge said I won the case and would get from this time on retroactive pay plus weekly State of Idaho U.I. checks. My point is, see this thing through and don't give up! You might not have any other work for a bit. It took me 6 months from winning that Hearing until I found this gig in southern New Mexico. Stay the course, man. I understand the frustration and the fear of being out of money. I really do.

Old 04-06-2020, 09:21 AM

355 posts, read 213,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Carvana doesn't let you test drive first before buying?
Well, after they deliver a car to you, there is a seven day money back guarantee...

"What are the limits of the 7-day Money Back Guarantee?
To return or exchange your vehicle, you must let us know prior to 5 p.m. EST on the 7th calendar day after receiving your vehicle. We cannot accept a return if the car has been modified, in an accident or damaged, altered from the condition it was delivered in or had a lien or other encumbrance put on the vehicle (other than Carvana's retail installment contract). Additionally, if you drive the vehicle over 400 miles, every additional mile will be charged a fee of $1.00 per mile. If you choose to exchange, you can receive up to three vehicles, however, the third vehicle will NOT come with our 7 Day Money Back Guarantee. Day 1 of your 7 Day Money Back Guarantee begins when you accept the vehicle, regardless of time of day."

Old 04-06-2020, 11:22 AM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Who would even consider buying any car, especially a used car, without a test drive?

Old 04-06-2020, 12:32 PM

355 posts, read 213,386 times
^ Or an independent pre-purchase inspection.

Old 04-06-2020, 01:52 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,278,661 times
From the posts on his profile it looks like he passed away recently in March.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/memb...ve-989437.html

Old 04-06-2020, 03:01 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
Davie,

You will end up getting $966 a week for the first 4 months. That is way too much money to just let it go. You need to contact the unemployment attorney below as they can tell you your best option to get your money. They know how to deal with them and will get you what you are owed.

https://hkm.com/lasvegas/unemployment-appeals/
I appreciate you trying to help but that link was no use. I had to call and leave a message and was almost immediately disconnected when I began speaking to leave a message. That vacation pay on my final check really screwed things up for me. I should have just clicked “no” when I filed my initial claim and I wouldn’t be in this boat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas