Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2020, 03:06 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,057,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorebirdie View Post
The current flags of the confederate and Nazi Germany are white flags.
No actual American patriots fly traditional confederate or Nazi flags.
Their message can only be “Look at me. I’m a loser too.”

Here is the actual video of the protest. I knew right away that at a minimum there were no confederate flags because Nevada was never a confederate state. If this were Alabama, then it would be believable. There were no white flags either. I do see some yellow Gasden flags and United States flags.

The one issue I do see is most of them are Trump supporters. Supporting a corrupt politician and then claiming to be for freedom doesn't mesh in my book.

https://mynews4.com/news/coronavirus...rge-on-capitol

Old 05-03-2020, 03:13 PM

365 posts, read 423,367 times
Where are the swastikas and confederate flags? Looks like we've been fed more fake news by the agenda crowd.

Old 05-03-2020, 04:00 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
Here is the actual video of the protest. I knew right away that at a minimum there were no confederate flags because Nevada was never a confederate state. If this were Alabama, then it would be believable. There were no white flags either. I do see some yellow Gasden flags and United States flags.

The one issue I do see is most of them are Trump supporters. Supporting a corrupt politician and then claiming to be for freedom doesn't mesh in my book.

https://mynews4.com/news/coronavirus...rge-on-capitol
I looked at the video too, just saw U.S. flags a couple Gadsden flags and one California Bear Republic flag.

What the uniformity of U.S. flags tells me is these "protests" are as phony as the 2010 Tea Party Express where mobs were bused in to protest the ACA then being debated in Congress. All that flag waving is intentionally orchestrated to make viewers think these people are patriots, nothing could be further from the truth. These protests are organized by certain wealthy types who want to destroy as much of government as they can; the people in these mobs are merely useful idiots -- Stalin's term for duping people into doing his dirty work after which he purged the fools, either a bullet to the head or a one-way excursion to the gulags.

In the 2010 case, the people who disrupted the Town Hall meetings to protest the ACA were bused from site to site by a law firm in TX where former GOP congressman Richard Armey worked; he was doing this on behalf of the health insurance lobby to protect their trillion dollar nest egg. These protests are tiny potatoes but the media blows them up as if they're the groundswell of an aggrieved citizenry; they aren't, the protests are a comedy show.

Remember, when it comes to all the shouting and hokey flag waving that "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." .... Samuel Johnson
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-03-2020, 04:46 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,275,915 times
There were these flags at the Las Vegas protest and other protests across the country recently. It wasn't stock photos. Don't know about at the recent Governor harassment rally this weekend. I read they had to evacuate him.

We do have neo-Nazis here in Las Vegas. They planned the bomb attack on a Jewish Synagogue here that was thwarted. Turns out their leader was a 13 year old online in New Zealand. No word if they knew they were being led by a 13 year old. It's always 13 year old edge Lord's online mixed up with white radical neo-nazis.

Seen some of the mature ones in the grocery stores with their not so subtle white supremacists tattoos on their arms and legs. I stay way back from them when I identify their symbols. Also seen the rural Confederates. So these people are here and some are at these local freedom protests recently. You can usually find them at all the rallies that fall under the words 'freedom anything'. Which is irony.

Old 05-03-2020, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
...You can usually find them at all the rallies that fall under the words 'freedom anything'. Which is irony.
I've picked up on that over the years, if words like "freedom" or "liberty" are part of the name it's almost a lead-pipe cinch that these groups are bogus, as are websites with those words. I guess they think we're all suckers.

Old 05-03-2020, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I've picked up on that over the years, if words like "freedom" or "liberty" are part of the name it's almost a lead-pipe cinch that these groups are bogus, as are websites with those words. I guess they think we're all suckers.
May Lawd deliver us from the Ku Klux Flu.

Old 05-04-2020, 02:38 AM

Looks like somebody mentioned the swastikas, Confederate flag and guns finally.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...protest-racism

Old 05-04-2020, 03:57 PM

Discussion of "Murder Hornets" was moved to that topic in CURRENT EVENTS as it's not an issue in LV.

Old 05-05-2020, 07:59 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,639,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
I ended up getting the coronavirus... likely from taking care of an ICU patient who was +. While wearing PPE. It was a brutal handful of days. Now I am 7 days out since symptom onset and doing better. But wow, it felt like I was breathing through a straw at some points, and I almost went to the hospital more than once. Although I know which personal situations necessitate medical attention. I also got and still occasionally do get short of breath when engaging in extended conversation with someone. I had to pause between words and take slow deep breaths.

I am only in my twenties, with no comorbidities. I am hoping there is no permanent damage to my body systems, but I'll be going for full diagnostic exams in a month or two from now. Bloodwork, chest-xray, echocardiogram. Stay safe guys... it was a scary and miserable experience for me.

I understand the comments for those with respiratory conditions being unable to wear masks. I stay locked up in quarantine for now, but I cannot breathe with a mask on. Inadequate oxygen intake.

On the plus side, my appetite has returned and that makes me happy. Lost some weight due to zero desire to eat.
I went to Southern California on a covid crisis contract to help relieve some hospitals there. Needless to say, I wish I never went.
Just saw this. So sorry you got sick. It sounds miserable - and you had a "mild case" in that you didn't require hospitalization. I hope you have a full recovery!

Old 05-05-2020, 11:56 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Default The November Election and Absentee Voting

If you are as concerned as I am about lining up to vote this fall then you need to get an absentee ballot. Don't wait until the end October when the "rush" is in full force. Get it now or at least before the end of September.

Nevada state site:

https://www.nvsos.gov/sos/elections/...bsentee-voting

Clark County:

https://www.clarkcountynv.gov/electi...s/default.aspx

If I understand it correctly we ask for ballots from each county, not the state.

VOTE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas