Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2020, 12:04 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strato58 View Post
Where are the swastikas and confederate flags? Looks like we've been fed more fake news by the agenda crowd.
I think the poster saw the Michigan rally and thought it was here.

Old 05-05-2020, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorebirdie View Post
The current flags of the confederate and Nazi Germany are white flags.
No actual American patriots fly traditional confederate or Nazi flags.
Their message can only be “Look at me. I’m a loser too.”
"Mommy, daddy keeps talking about stupid people. How do I know if someone is stupid?"

Puts her child in the car and drives by the protest at the state capital.

"See all those people? Those people are stupid."

Old 05-05-2020, 12:12 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,115,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
If you are as concerned as I am about lining up to vote this fall then you need to get an absentee ballot. Don't wait until the end October when the "rush" is in full force. Get it now or at least before the end of September.

Nevada state site:

https://www.nvsos.gov/sos/elections/...bsentee-voting

Clark County:

https://www.clarkcountynv.gov/electi...s/default.aspx

If I understand it correctly we ask for ballots from each county, not the state.

VOTE!

I am voting against Sissylack. I do not care if I have to vote for Hitler. I am voting against this slimy piece of crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
"Mommy, daddy keeps talking about stupid people. How do I know if someone is stupid?"

Puts her child in the car and drives by the protest at the state capital.

"See all those people? Those people are stupid."

We'll see how smart you feel in a few months when you can't buy food due to a broken supply chain.

Old 05-05-2020, 07:34 PM

10,030 posts, read 9,505,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Sorry to hear it chahunt! That sucks.

I saw the protestors are at the Governor's Mansion. They're a crazy bunch. Somebody tell them Confederate flags and swastikas are not symbols of freedom and bringing that kind of military grade weaponry is threatening. What do they need to terrorize the governor for?

Bad news.HBO updated and now I can't watch Sopranos. Instead they offer one week free and it's $14.99 a month after that. Boo hoo.
If you have Amazon prime, you can watch for free through their amazon prime video.

Old 05-05-2020, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
I am voting against Sissylack. I do not care if I have to vote for Hitler. I am voting against this slimy piece of crap.

We'll see how smart you feel in a few months when you can't buy food due to a broken supply chain.
I am smarter than you because in a few months I will still have food. I'd have it even if I didn't go to the store between now and then. Some of us are intelligent enough to stock up on necessities whether there is a pandemic in progress or everything is normal.

Old 05-06-2020, 02:22 AM

1,254 posts, read 1,058,516 times
The no masks, no service thread is closed, and some businesses in Las Vegas have begun requiring customers to wear masks, so I will post this here. I just found this out and it made me very happy that the law was so quickly reversed.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/03/oklaho...s-of-violence/

Oklahoma city ends face mask rule for customers after threats of violence

Quote:
Officials in Stillwater announced the change Friday, less than 24 hours after the rule went into effect at stores and restaurants.
“In the short time beginning on May 1, 2020, that face coverings have been required for entry into stores/restaurants, store employees have been threatened with physical violence and showered with verbal abuse,” City Manager Norman McNickle said in a statement. “In addition, there has been one threat of violence using a firearm.”
I am not happy about what happened to the store employees as they were innocent, but I am very, very happy that the city quickly repealed it. I have been very worried about being forced to wear these suffocating masks so this made me feel better knowing it probably won't happen now. If it does, it will not last very long here either.

I just found another one, and this one is absolutely disgusting. I am sure this man is doing this to protest having to wear a mask, but this is not the way to do it! Forcing people to do things they do not want to do has consequences. I am sure all of us can agree that this man would not have done this otherwise.

Man wears KKK hood as face covering in California grocery store

https://abc11.com/kkk-hood-mask-san-...store/6152675/

I have one last story, and this is the saddest of them all by far. The requirement of wearing face masks has now caused an innocent person to be murdered. The security guard was just doing his job, and now he has lost his life over something so stupid. I blame the governor of Michigan for his death and now she has blood on her hands.

Three family members charged in shooting death of security guard who told a customer to put on a face mask

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/04/us/mi...rnd/index.html

Last edited by Katie the heartbreaker; 05-06-2020 at 03:35 AM..

Old 05-06-2020, 05:25 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,806,399 times
Yes, only wear a mask if you are not ignorant and believe in science

It's no coincidence coronavirus cases are down 90% in Austria since they mandated masks early April
https://www.sciencetimes.com/article...face-masks.htm

Czech republic also doing really well and were early with masks.

If you think you can't breathe with a mask on you're not trying very hard, it takes one minute to learn. Try breathing when you actually get a severe case of coronavirus, then you will understand what relativity means.

Old 05-06-2020, 10:17 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,054 times
Can somebody help me break into LVAC?
Any LVAC will do.
I can pay $3.00 for your services.
Once we get in--just leave me there and drive away.
Thanks.

Old 05-06-2020, 02:37 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,806,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Can somebody help me break into LVAC?
Any LVAC will do.
I can pay $3.00 for your services.
Once we get in--just leave me there and drive away.
Thanks.
It won't be the same without the chicks in makeup and clubbing gear

Old 05-06-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Yes, only wear a mask if you are not ignorant and believe in science

It's no coincidence coronavirus cases are down 90% in Austria since they mandated masks early April
https://www.sciencetimes.com/article...face-masks.htm

Czech republic also doing really well and were early with masks.

If you think you can't breathe with a mask on you're not trying very hard, it takes one minute to learn. Try breathing when you actually get a severe case of coronavirus, then you will understand what relativity means.
Just one example from a NYT story. Others report it's like having an anvil on your chest. People like me already have an anvil part of the time. The rest of the time it's a small anvil. Sometimes the lesser of two evils is a blessing. Difficulty breathing through a mask or having an anvil on your chest. I'll take the mask even though it makes it difficult. No fast walking for me. On the other hand if they put you into a coma you won't feel it so what the heck. Take a chance.

Quote:
It happened so fast. On Monday, I am in the parking lot of my allergist’s office with back pain and a cough that I thought was a sinus infection. On Saturday, I am in an ambulance headed to an emergency room.
Three days later, the doctors placed me in a medically induced coma and put me on a ventilator. I was in the hospital for two weeks.

Everything hurt. Nothing in my body felt like it was working. I felt so beat up, like I had been in a boxing ring with Mike Tyson. I had a fever and chills — one minute my teeth are chattering and the next minute I am sweating like I am in a sauna.

And the heavy, hoarse cough, my God. The cough rattled through my whole body. You know how a car sounds when the engine is sputtering? That is what it sounded like
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas