Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2020, 01:13 AM

395 posts, read 272,508 times

Advertisements

I am pretty disgusted that people here are making jokes about
businesses being looted and construction sites going up in flames.
NONE of this is a laughing matter. It's a tragedy as if we don't have
enough already this year.

I agree with you Pink String:
It is a very sad thing. Rioting and destroying property never solves anything. Ever.

And all those police cars that got torched and public property that got damaged...who
do you think is on the hook for it? You and me. That's right, the local taxpayers. To replace
what was damaged...either it's not replaced or funds are reallocated or taxes get raised.

Old 05-31-2020, 02:36 AM

23,221 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Tucson has escaped the protest Fri. night with just $200,000 in damage, mostly broken windows DT. Perhaps more and more businesses will think 2X about putting windows into their businesses, just in case.

Old 05-31-2020, 02:40 AM

1,254 posts, read 1,058,516 times
I have reported on these protests/riots, but I do not support them in destroying our cities whatsoever. As more and more information is coming out, this whole thing stinks! There are real local protesters that are non-violent, and then there are people who are bussed in who are looting and destroying property. The short video below exposes it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmwYBGZMLR4

Wow, now we have the National Guard deployed in Reno for the riots there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGoK3A-ZsCs

Last edited by Katie the heartbreaker; 05-31-2020 at 03:11 AM..

Old 05-31-2020, 10:37 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,493,524 times
I am pretty disgusted that people here are making jokes about
businesses being looted and construction sites going up in flames.
NONE of this is a laughing matter. It's a tragedy as if we don't have
enough already this year.

I agree with you Pink String:
It is a very sad thing. Rioting and destroying property never solves anything. Ever.

And all those police cars that got torched and public property that got damaged...who
do you think is on the hook for it? You and me. That's right, the local taxpayers. To replace
what was damaged...either it's not replaced or funds are reallocated or taxes get raised.

^^^^^^ What is said above is really hard to disagree with. It's sound as a pound, baby. I have never, ever seen looting and rioting and anarchy against a downtown area a good thing. It absolutely sucks that people are doing this. Sucks.

Nothing good can come out of it and it will make things much more difficult to recover from COVID-19 finanically, too. Who's gonna get billed to make up the necessary tax income to pay for this damage? You're right - you and I and your mother will get billed for it. Absolute stupidity on a stick.

Old 05-31-2020, 03:20 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
MODERATOR EDIT:

The 44 postings about what kind of car Katie should buy have been relocated to its own thread in the Las Vegas forum.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 05-31-2020 at 09:06 PM..

Old 06-01-2020, 12:08 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,115,265 times
I'm not the biggest fan of destroying businesses/looting. I understand it.
People need to become angry. They just need to be angry at the right things.

I wish they would target government buildings and police stations/cars/officers and leave the rest alone. Some of these businesses sort of deserve it.

Here's my reasoning. Governments gave a lot of these big companies millions and or billions of dollars to come to their cities where they will also make millions and millions off the people living there.
The people are the ones paying for it entirely.
Where's our incentive? Hell, I couldn't even open a small coffee shop because the government makes it so damn difficult and expensive to do. But Target and other companies, who are guaranteed to make huge money, get incentives and breaks?
F that. Burn it down in protest.

The mom and pop businesses, however, should be left alone. I don't like seeing that. I don't like seeing innocent people getting beaten/killed. That's not right.

But people are fed up. The government forced us into lock down for months. People forced out of work still waiting on unemployment. Cops out here extorting people, beating people, killing people and over nothing.
People are tired of it. It's been a long time coming.
If I didn't have a cracked rib I'd be out there with em.
People have been rioting all over the planet lately. Too much dictatorship too little freedom.

Old 06-01-2020, 04:35 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,989,097 times
Rioting against the ones that protected them when the route 91 festival happened....my how everyone forgets.

Old 06-01-2020, 04:40 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,115,265 times
Protected?
59 dead and almost 900 injured beg to differ.
Police don't protect. The harass, annoy, extort, imprison, shoot, kill, beat, and steal.

Old 06-01-2020, 07:45 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,989,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Protected?
59 dead and almost 900 injured beg to differ.
Police don't protect. The harass, annoy, extort, imprison, shoot, kill, beat, and steal.
it could have been a heck of lot worse...

if your shop gets looted, are you going to call them?

Old 06-01-2020, 11:48 AM

23,221 posts, read 29,034,905 times
I was expecting huge nationwide rioting in November 2016 when the Electoral College went up against the popular vote and threw the election to Trump! Where were the rioters then?

There's more to this rioting than meets the eye! In La Mesa, outside San Diego, there were Blacks, Whites and Asians partaking in the destruction.

Lockdown, definitely, contributed to the destruction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas