Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2020, 08:22 AM

783 posts, read 839,077 times

Advertisements

Ok so after reading up about the antibody tests, apparently within a few months of having COVID you might test negative.

Old 06-20-2020, 12:03 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMT View Post
Ok so after reading up about the antibody tests, apparently within a few months of having COVID you might test negative.
I am wondering for those that had it, including you and me, if we have to wait longer to feel better, like a year or something. Although I do not want to wait a year to ride my bike again. Unfortunately, anything to do with breathing, like walking, etc, sets me back a week til breathing is better again. I need to try one of those wheelchair carts so I can go grocery shopping again. I am just afraid I might run over people and crash into things.

Old 06-20-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I am wondering for those that had it, including you and me, if we have to wait longer to feel better, like a year or something. Although I do not want to wait a year to ride my bike again. Unfortunately, anything to do with breathing, like walking, etc, sets me back a week til breathing is better again. I need to try one of those wheelchair carts so I can go grocery shopping again. I am just afraid I might run over people and crash into things.
Ha ha!

I pushed through it and have been mountain biking and hiking again, but I splurged on an Ebike for some extra help up the single track steep trails around here. My cough has lasted all winter and I still have it and lung congestion that I didn't have before, but it's getting better. I felt like I had asthma all the time for a long while and I had some very bad internal issues as well, like I thought my spleen was rupturing or something...never felt that kind of pain...didn't go to doctors because everything was shut down by then.

My first 'flu' was in November and the second was in late January and one of those was the normal flu probably. Washoe County (Reno) schools were closing in November because everyone was sick with a mystery coughing illness...hmmmm....

Harvard did a satellite study of Wuhan, China and said they could see a run on hospitals in August....I don't ever believe the mainstream narrative and like to think out of the box so...

I really hope you can start to get out in nature again. I don't even feel alive if I'm not outside everyday. Maybe an inhaler would help? Oh and I bought some liposomal Vitamin C and have been using one of those each day plus a zinc lozenge and other natural supplements.

Old 06-20-2020, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Ha ha!

I pushed through it and have been mountain biking and hiking again, but I splurged on an Ebike for some extra help up the single track steep trails around here. My cough has lasted all winter and I still have it and lung congestion that I didn't have before, but it's getting better. I felt like I had asthma all the time for a long while and I had some very bad internal issues as well, like I thought my spleen was rupturing or something...never felt that kind of pain...didn't go to doctors because everything was shut down by then.

My first 'flu' was in November and the second was in late January and one of those was the normal flu probably. Washoe County (Reno) schools were closing in November because everyone was sick with a mystery coughing illness...hmmmm....

Harvard did a satellite study of Wuhan, China and said they could see a run on hospitals in August....I don't ever believe the mainstream narrative and like to think out of the box so...

I really hope you can start to get out in nature again. I don't even feel alive if I'm not outside everyday. Maybe an inhaler would help? Oh and I bought some liposomal Vitamin C and have been using one of those each day plus a zinc lozenge and other natural supplements.

My flu started on Jan.19, that is when I knew I was sick, so it probably started before that. The worst symptoms lasted 25 days and I was still coughing on Mar. 4, although it wasn't as bad as before, it was finally easing up so I could actually lay down to sleep with doctor prescribed cough syrup. When in the throes of the sickness, I could not lay down at all. I had to kind of prop myself on the sofa, with my legs on the floor, and a warm cozy throw around me and I just lay there, propped up, in a daze for weeks.

I will check out that liposomal vitamin C. I am eating a lot of steamed greens with balsamic, it helps open up the airways and the arteries. But still, just walking in the store, it gets me bad. Fine at home as long as I do not do much. This too shall pass I do believe. I just hope it does.

Old 06-20-2020, 06:12 PM

That is terrible you are still so weak. No wonder you are feeling down.

We survived though!

You will heal up and be out running around again soon

Old 06-22-2020, 10:34 AM

68 posts, read 65,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
My flu started on Jan.19, that is when I knew I was sick, so it probably started before that. The worst symptoms lasted 25 days and I was still coughing on Mar. 4, although it wasn't as bad as before, it was finally easing up so I could actually lay down to sleep with doctor prescribed cough syrup. When in the throes of the sickness, I could not lay down at all. I had to kind of prop myself on the sofa, with my legs on the floor, and a warm cozy throw around me and I just lay there, propped up, in a daze for weeks.

I will check out that liposomal vitamin C. I am eating a lot of steamed greens with balsamic, it helps open up the airways and the arteries. But still, just walking in the store, it gets me bad. Fine at home as long as I do not do much. This too shall pass I do believe. I just hope it does.
Something other covid-19?

Old 06-22-2020, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInVegas View Post
Something other covid-19?

I am pretty sure it was the current virus. Because I had most of the symptoms, although some were slightly different. A few were just bizarre. And while I did lose my sense of smell and taste initially, it came back, but was worse as things I didn't mind before scent-wise, smelled worse than before. And the taste has changed where some things I liked, I do not like anymore. They call it hyperosmia. Some people will lose the senses, some will have hyper senses. Weird, but true. I am still stuck with that.

Old 06-22-2020, 07:04 PM

Good evening Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and other parts of the valley. I am feeling so much better today. I hope you are all as well. I am breathing! That means I am alive. That is a good thing. Have a great week!

Old 06-23-2020, 08:26 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Pink-So glad to hear all this!

Old 06-23-2020, 07:37 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,322,599 times
Quote:
In other words, a person no longer has immunity to covid-19? A negative result means its not there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas