Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2009, 02:00 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,649,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.gomonas View Post
Off the current topic, but a question for the locals: I need a reliable place for just regular maintenance on my Honda. A search of the forum turned up several recommendations for Wally's. Is it the general consensus that Wally is the man for Honda maintenance? Anyone gone there for the 20K or 30K check up and know approx how much it would run? Much thanks for your input!
its always good to use a place that specializes in your brand, but i just take my Kia Optima for every service at Pep Boys, they did a very nice job on my 60000 service, and i did my 3000 service yesterday and they were very quick, only about 30 minutes, they are very nice too and tell you straight out what's worth spending for on your car, they don't try to aggresively upsell you either, we always go to the one at Pecos/Sunset, at least that's how that location operates...we also take my dad's Mustang there, but the Cadillac usually gets taken to the dealership even though its a 2000...

Old 01-30-2009, 11:35 AM

15,370 posts, read 38,985,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
its always good to use a place that specializes in your brand, but i just take my Kia Optima for every service at Pep Boys, they did a very nice job on my 60000 service, and i did my 3000 service yesterday and they were very quick, only about 30 minutes, they are very nice too and tell you straight out what's worth spending for on your car, they don't try to aggresively upsell you either, we always go to the one at Pecos/Sunset, at least that's how that location operates...we also take my dad's Mustang there, but the Cadillac usually gets taken to the dealership even though its a 2000...
Decatur and alta is the same.....they have done all of our service for the last 15 yrs without a hitch.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:31 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,398,230 times
sad....because I read somewhere that Pep Boys is courting bankruptcy.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:08 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,649,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Decatur and alta is the same.....they have done all of our service for the last 15 yrs without a hitch.
i'm glad that Pep Boys is pretty consistent then...

Old 01-31-2009, 03:18 AM

471 posts, read 621,352 times
so fellas are y'all into cars?

Old 01-31-2009, 06:10 AM

Scratch my previous post. New Thought!

Ok so I was thinking and I've come to notice there are a lot of fake people in Las Vegas and from what I've heard Cali too.

This girl I spoke to was telling me how the guys always pretend to be something they're not.

For example a guy working at the local burger joint might go out and put all his assets into his car and clothes, bling bling, etc.

BUT in reality he may appear well off but live in a government provided house (project).

It seems like some guys will go buy a luxury car then jazz it out with rims, subs, etc. and pretend like they're all that when they're not.

To me this is kind of crazy...I mean cars, clothes, bling bling, etc. do NOT add to your networth...so why would you buy these things first over let's say investing it something towards your networth? Then after creating a nest egg sure why not buy as many rims you want.

BACKGOUND INFO: these fake guys I'm speaking of are not in school, not supported financially by family. They simply have a 9-5 job from which they put all in their money in these type of non-investment items.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:28 AM

heres an example to the post above this one.

I saw a Lexus ISF that TOTALLY tricked out on eBay. It was BEAUTIFUL! this kid owned it in his mid 20s and now he can't pay for it because he got fired from his day job as a landscapers assistant...

I can only dream of an ISF. Could I get one? Sure. But I don't want to end up like the guy I just talked about and I KNOW my folks won't put $65,000 into a car that only depreciates in value. Therefore I don't have one.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:32 AM

1,629 posts, read 5,366,523 times
A lot of the time it's not because they are trying to be fake or over compensate. There are a lot of people I know who have already came to the conclusion they will never be rich, but still want to enjoy the luxuries in life. Instead of waiting until they are 35 to buy a nice car, they work out...okay my monthly payments would be x and if I work 40 hours a week I can use x% of my monthly income for car payments. Is it a smart thing to do...no, but I have a few friends who did this. It's the idea you only live once and you are only young once.

The example you gave...the kid bought the car by himself, he didn't ask his parents to buy it, which explains why he has to sell it since he lost his job. You need to understand there are many people where the parents don't support their kids financially once they are 18. I know many at my school who have to pay for their college tuition, car, gas, insurance, rent, bills etc.

The stereotype about Californians being fake is also not so true. Most of the people driving in Lambo's, Ferrai's etc truely are rich...the negative stereotype comes from the way they act. Many of them come off as being incredibly cocky and arrogant and flashy (look at me) kind of attitude.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:45 AM

Hmmm that really makes me question what I said. I mean it's true you are young only once. Heck I'm the one who said "*£+* it I'm going to Vegas I'm tired of living a mundane life." A lot of my decision was based on me regretting not living it up when I was YOUNG.

So maybe they are doing the right thing and I was too quick to judge.

Old 01-31-2009, 03:11 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,901,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusman199 View Post
Hmmm that really makes me question what I said. I mean it's true you are young only once. Heck I'm the one who said "*£+* it I'm going to Vegas I'm tired of living a mundane life." A lot of my decision was based on me regretting not living it up when I was YOUNG.

So maybe they are doing the right thing and I was too quick to judge.

So...you're old then?

Maybe that is it. Maybe you are an older man and just living vicariously through Lexusman, fantasizing, dreaming, speaking of and questioning the locals here to find answers to everything you have always wanted to do but didn't and now regret. Hmmm Could be.

At any rate, the past is the past. Don't fill up your present with regrets of what is done and gone otherwise your present will be exactly the same as your past.

However old you really are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas