Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2009, 12:21 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,665,106 times

Advertisements

How long does it take to get assistance from them, airics? I'm expecting around $400+ (after taxes) this Thursday. It'd be more, but we had that short week, due to the holiday.

Roomie doesn't seem to care if we get evicted, and have to move into some place slummy. His mother currently lives in the apartment complex on MLK, near Bonanza (near the Costco). She pays $550 a month there. That's a pretty tough area after dark, isn't it? Not exactly the safest place someone like myself. Melatonin challenged, and not a stone cold psycho.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:11 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
i think it took my tenant less than a week

Old 12-08-2009, 01:40 AM

Thanks, I'll have to check them out. Hopefully they're not as anal as Social Services.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:19 PM

Well, I got my five day notice. I went to my complex's office, and they're willing to work with me. I tried calling Help of Southern Nevada this morning, and they didn't a live person to answer my questions. I talked with the roomie last night about all of this, and he went psycho. We've been crashing at my sister's place the last couple of days, since she's been on vacation. He says that I forced him to come here, but that's not true. He punched a hole in the door to my sister's "computer room". He also threatened to kill me, and almost beat me with his fists, and a vacuum cleaner. I can't tell my sister and her husband this, because he'll just deny it. I just wish that I didn't have to deal with him.

I'm sorry that I've burdened you all with this. I just needed a place to vent, and I didn't know who else would "listen" to me. I've been depressed lately, and not my usual self. Don't worry about calling Metro, I'll make it through this somehow.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:15 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Well, I got my five day notice. I went to my complex's office, and they're willing to work with me. I tried calling Help of Southern Nevada this morning, and they didn't a live person to answer my questions. I talked with the roomie last night about all of this, and he went psycho. We've been crashing at my sister's place the last couple of days, since she's been on vacation. He says that I forced him to come here, but that's not true. He punched a hole in the door to my sister's "computer room". He also threatened to kill me, and almost beat me with his fists, and a vacuum cleaner. I can't tell my sister and her husband this, because he'll just deny it. I just wish that I didn't have to deal with him.

I'm sorry that I've burdened you all with this. I just needed a place to vent, and I didn't know who else would "listen" to me. I've been depressed lately, and not my usual self. Don't worry about calling Metro, I'll make it through this somehow.
Just where did you find this guy? You need to get rid of him pronto. People like that a dangerous. I do not want to see on the news that something terrible to you.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:05 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,722,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post

Oh dear, where did you find this looser. Get caught up on the rent and start looking for a new place you can afford. Rental manangment will probally let you out of your lease due to income loss.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:41 PM

i need some advice and tell me if i am wrong here.... At Costco, i was hired as a Cashier's Assistant which entails helping put the items in the cart, putting items on the belt at the register, and gathering carts. A few days ago (when it was pouring rain), i was scheduled to be at the register. As soon as I got to the store, i was put outside on carts in the pouring rain. After a few hours, i was soaked and asked to be brought in to a register as that was what i was hired for. They brought me in.... Well tonight, I was brought into the managers office halfway through my shift and was terminated. Reason being is that i did not like doing carts and whatever needed to be done had to be done... That wasn't the case, i explained.. I was soaked and did not want to get sick... that was all....

Was I in the wrong.... I am seriously considering going back to Cleveland. In the 25yrs, i have been working, i have never been terminated. I am so depressed and distraught right now that i don't know what to do.... Part of me says, the job wasn't for me.... Bachelor's degree pushing carts.. that'll make the family proud... the other half wants to jump off a bridge.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:07 AM

Airics,

I am seriously appalled on what you are going through, especially with your education and background. You do not deserve it, especially at these menial jobs.. My job pays less money per hour and has absolutely no benefits, but I never have to deal with any of the stuff you are dealing with at Costco or Amazon. I would feel the same way if I did. If my job was hiring, I would refer you to them, but they aren't. Have you considered opening up a small used car lot here? Since your background and hearts desire is in cars, I think this would be your best option. I will even come work for you if you decide to do this.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:24 AM

my background may be in cars, but my heart is no longer in it..

Old 12-12-2009, 12:53 AM

I truly think I know what is going on. Employers are treating you like crap strictly because they can. On the news about 2 days ago, it said that there were 6.3 applicants to each open job. That really is a shame. I wish I could offer you advice, but I do not know what to say other than to keep trying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas