Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2010, 04:43 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the support everyone. I will admit I have very low self esteem so the bottom comment on the of the email got to me the most. The person is a female so I have narrowed it down to 2 females on here who I think did it. Enough of that, I am going to forget about it. In all seriousness, I have another problem. I am stuck here at work today for 3pm-11pm. As I said earlier, I am getting straight pay which really sucks. For some reason, my employer is considering tomorrow the holiday in which time and a half is paid. Of course, I am off tomorrow too.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:34 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,594,394 times
I'm going down to the Strip for fireworks and was wondering where the best place would be to park? I was going to park at the Bellaggio

Old 07-04-2010, 07:55 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
For some reason, my employer is considering tomorrow the holiday in which time and a half is paid.

Tomorrow is the federal holiday for the 4th of July this year. We have patients scheduled tomorrow so we will work. Some employees requested to be off and I granted those requests that would not disrupt business. Being a small business, we have to think of the bottom line. Mondays are our busiest days. The employees who are working tomorrow can take a paid day off to make up for tomorrow.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:03 PM

55 posts, read 162,062 times
Default What to do about Section 8 neighbords from hell

I live in what was, until 2 months ago, a nice, quite, clean safe neighborhood.

The vacant foreclosure across the street was bought by an investor who rented to section 8 people.

Since then the house has, physically, deteriorated into trash. The grass is 3' high, garage door ripped off, blankets used as curtains, old tires, wood, TV sets piled on the side, etc. Don't ask me how this happened...the front door, frame and all, laying in the middle of the street.

Now lets talk about the wonderful folks who live there. Screaming matches until 3am, street brawls, CONSTANT (and I mean CONSTANT) vehicle traffic 24/7 (at least 20 cars/day - it's like the drive thru at McDonalds), rap music blaring all day and night so loud my house walls shake. I come home and there are 10-15 black guys on the front lawn (gold teeth, gang scarfs, etc). And there must be 3 families living there. I see several infants thru pre-teens on the front porch daily.

Most people on this street are elderly and are so scared they don't want to leave their house. Last week I left my garage door open and I came out to find 2 black guys (friends from across the street) poking around in my driveway.

Is there any legal way to get rid of these pieces of human garbage? I was thinking of renting a bulldozer at Ahern and leveling the house it's gotten so bad.

There is no HOA here.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:08 PM

If you do not have an HOA you are pretty much SOL. You could call the police on the music though if it is blasting at night.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:22 PM

Back in Phoenix it is against the law to sell fireworks to private citizens. It needs to be the same way here. I love the forth of July, but I absolutely HATE fireworks. Where I work I am less than 50 feet from a residential neighborhood. They are all setting off fireworks and it is driving me crazy. I have noticed it is extremely loud and I just found a family on the west side of my building (in our parking lot) setting them off. I just told them to leave. If they are not gone in a few minutes I am calling the police on them.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:07 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,848,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Thanks for the support everyone. I will admit I have very low self esteem so the bottom comment on the of the email got to me the most. The person is a female so I have narrowed it down to 2 females on here who I think did it. Enough of that, I am going to forget about it. In all seriousness, I have another problem. I am stuck here at work today for 3pm-11pm. As I said earlier, I am getting straight pay which really sucks. For some reason, my employer is considering tomorrow the holiday in which time and a half is paid. Of course, I am off tomorrow too.
Turns out that I got straight pay tonight as well. Same deal, tomorrow is when the state recognizes the holiday. I am a little better off though in that I get paid for my day off tomorrow, albeit straight time.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:42 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,784,470 times
Unfortunately Section 8 housing is so often abused, The bulldozer maybe your best option.

Section 8 housing needs a major over hall.

Call the police every chance you get when the music is blaring or their is other suspicious activity going on.

I wish I had better advice for you.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:45 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,242 times
Those no-good, nazi, meddling, expensive, oppressive HOAs are starting to look pretty good right about now.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:12 AM

90 posts, read 185,059 times
Now I'm starting to see why the neighbors here have taken such an interest in us, as we moved in. They were probably afraid what was coming in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas