Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2010, 10:28 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,470,355 times

Advertisements

I wish the heck they'd enforce the speed limit on Summerlin Parkway. No matter what time of day or night, I'll be doing 65 in the right hand lane and I get EVERYBODY (well it seems that way) passing me as if I'm standing still.

Last week, I even had someone hugging my bumper at 70 MPH in the right hand lane because, it became apparent, SHE had to exit at Town Center, I usually NEVER drive at 70 MPH, but I had speeded up for HER ....sheesh

Old 08-02-2010, 10:51 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtexplore View Post
There is another multi-police car (or motorcycle) trap that I'll see at least once a month on The 15 Nortbound at the St. Rose Crossing. They were out there this morning in force.
Force is an understatement...I passed there just after 830am.... not 1, 2, or 3 cars pulled over.....17 Cars pulled over!!! Ive never seen that before in the 25+years i've been driving...

Old 08-02-2010, 10:55 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Force is an understatement...I passed there just after 830am.... not 1, 2, or 3 cars pulled over.....17 Cars pulled over!!! Ive never seen that before in the 25+years i've been driving...
The state is hurting immensely so they enforce the "police state" so to speak. The police officers are nothing more than tax collectors now.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:56 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
I wish the heck they'd enforce the speed limit on Summerlin Parkway. No matter what time of day or night, I'll be doing 65 in the right hand lane and I get EVERYBODY (well it seems that way) passing me as if I'm standing still.

Last week, I even had someone hugging my bumper at 70 MPH in the right hand lane because, it became apparent, SHE had to exit at Town Center, I usually NEVER drive at 70 MPH, but I had speeded up for HER ....sheesh
Really? My Summerlin Pkwy Experience is that everyone goes 60. It drives me crazy! I see nothing wrong with going 70 in a 65 zone.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:06 AM

49 posts, read 187,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Gee, what a concept! The police start enforcing the traffic laws and people adjust their driving habits accordingly. Isn't that what is supposed to happen?

As long as the posted speed limit is reasonable, I have no problem with enhanced enforcement. Now Maryland, and specifically Montogomery County, is a different story. I lived near Connecticut Avenue (State Road 85), which is a six-lane road with a wide cement median separating traffic. It is also a major commuting artery into D.C. from the Maryland suburbs. Although traffic could safely travel on this road at 45mph, the speed limit was set at 30mph, and speed cameras were set up in several locations along the road for miles. Totally ridiculous.
Yes, all of the speed limits in Las Vegas are super reasonable and none of the cops set up shop in those unreasonable places to catch people "speeding". Most notably the 25MPH new stretch of silverado ranch. 25MPH is a bit too speedy for that area. I hope it goes down to 10 so people can really get the reality check they need. It's not ok to "speed" there and for good reason. I've seen a few people pulled over and a few cops that set up shop there and it's about TIME!

Old 08-02-2010, 11:18 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Gee, what a concept! The police start enforcing the traffic laws and people adjust their driving habits accordingly. Isn't that what is supposed to happen?

As long as the posted speed limit is reasonable, I have no problem with enhanced enforcement. Now Maryland, and specifically Montogomery County, is a different story. I lived near Connecticut Avenue (State Road 85), which is a six-lane road with a wide cement median separating traffic. It is also a major commuting artery into D.C. from the Maryland suburbs. Although traffic could safely travel on this road at 45mph, the speed limit was set at 30mph, and speed cameras were set up in several locations along the road for miles. Totally ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAT. View Post
Yes, all of the speed limits in Las Vegas are super reasonable and none of the cops set up shop in those unreasonable places to catch people "speeding". Most notably the 25MPH new stretch of silverado ranch. 25MPH is a bit too speedy for that area. I hope it goes down to 10 so people can really get the reality check they need. It's not ok to "speed" there and for good reason. I've seen a few people pulled over and a few cops that set up shop there and it's about TIME!
What part of "As long as the posted speed limit is reasonable" confused you?

In the future, I'll type slower and will only use mono-syllable words if you think that will help.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:25 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,242,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Hey, does anyone know if that light rail train going from LA to LV is still going to be installed and opened up? That might be fun to drive down to Las Vegas from Elko, park my car there, and hop a light rail train to LA. Cool beans. I may have ta Google such a monster and see where we stand right now on that being built or not. California as a state is in such debt right now that any more long term transportation items would just about plunk them so far under the water that they might not pop back up from it.

But this light rail project is supposed to be a privately funded undertaking.
The train reaching LA or even Aneheim is a pipe dream. Unless a public/private deal is struck, with a vast majority of funding coming from the Feds to buy the rights of way, it might reach Victorville. The cost of building grows by a factor of 1000 once it reaches the el cajones pass.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:27 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,242,871 times

Old 08-02-2010, 11:31 AM

49 posts, read 187,237 times
Quote:
What part of "As long as the posted speed limit is reasonable" confused you?

In the future, I'll type slower and will only use mono-syllable words if you think that will help.
The part where you quoted me is where I'm confused. Where did I even mention anything about reasonable, unreasonable speed limits or anything else? If you're quoting me and making that statement you must be talking to me.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:56 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
The train reaching LA or even Aneheim is a pipe dream. Unless a public/private deal is struck, with a vast majority of funding coming from the Feds to buy the rights of way, it might reach Victorville. The cost of building grows by a factor of 1000 once it reaches the el cajones pass.
Suffice it to say the idea has been derailed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas