Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 09:12 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,472,108 times

Advertisements

I personally like tile better, easier to clean. Plus, I think it feels good in the summer, stays cooler.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:48 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Maybe try buying some unadulterated river rock or some type that doesn't have color added to it for the back yard. Or get some of that fake grass back there. Of course with doggies doing their duty on it, it will probably stink after awhile.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:58 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,319,508 times
I don't think my stone has color added to it. It is just that normal grey color and it must be dirt coming off of it. Kimba, I thought this was going to be sooo much easier. In Ohio, they were always tracking in dirt and grass or they would jump in the lake and even toweling them off, outside things would stick to them easier. I don't think I have dirt here; I have mountain. I had two dead bushes and I was just waiting for it to cool off to get out and dig them out. The day finally came and I rushed out with my shovel and tried to put it in the ground and it went "thunk." Next I put the hose on the area, tried again and it went "thunk." The neighbors call me "silly Ohio girl" and showed me the picks they use, things like we would go gold digging with, just to make an indent in the ground. So with no loose soil, no grass and barely any moisture, I thought housekeeping was going to be a breeze. Fake grass would drive me nuttier; not only the high price but I've got my work cut out for me keeping the inside flooring looking nice without adding to my list, blow off astro turf then sanitize.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:48 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,244,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
I don't think my stone has color added to it. It is just that normal grey color and it must be dirt coming off of it. Kimba, I thought this was going to be sooo much easier. In Ohio, they were always tracking in dirt and grass or they would jump in the lake and even toweling them off, outside things would stick to them easier. I don't think I have dirt here; I have mountain. I had two dead bushes and I was just waiting for it to cool off to get out and dig them out. The day finally came and I rushed out with my shovel and tried to put it in the ground and it went "thunk." Next I put the hose on the area, tried again and it went "thunk." The neighbors call me "silly Ohio girl" and showed me the picks they use, things like we would go gold digging with, just to make an indent in the ground. So with no loose soil, no grass and barely any moisture, I thought housekeeping was going to be a breeze. Fake grass would drive me nuttier; not only the high price but I've got my work cut out for me keeping the inside flooring looking nice without adding to my list, blow off astro turf then sanitize.
This post is funny. I don't have dirt, I have mountain!

I'm laughing with you because anyone who has attempted to grow something here can relate! Funny stuff.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:56 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,244,573 times
Matt Goss. He came here from London, seemingly out of nowhere and he's now the next Vegas Crooner? He's lived here for a year or so, has a pretty impressive hype machine, but they really seem to be shoving him down the public's throats. The old Cleopatra's Barge at Caesars is now the "gossy room?" I've read some mixed reviews. Is he the genuine article?

Old 09-24-2010, 02:46 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,594,394 times
JJ- what about putting in pavers or stamped concrete paths with small planted areas? Something like this:

[/IMG]The Official Las Vegas Chat Thread ~ Part-1-yard.jpg

(You could put in bark in the planted areas instead of rock.)

Old 09-24-2010, 03:03 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,342,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
Matt Goss. He came here from London, seemingly out of nowhere and he's now the next Vegas Crooner? He's lived here for a year or so, has a pretty impressive hype machine, but they really seem to be shoving him down the public's throats. The old Cleopatra's Barge at Caesars is now the "gossy room?" I've read some mixed reviews. Is he the genuine article?
I think so, seems to have talent compared to Holly Madison Talk about someone who gets shoved down the public's throats, yeesh.

On a side note, what happened to MadManofBethesda? Haven't seen any posts from him lately.

Old 09-24-2010, 03:04 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
(You could put in bark in the planted areas instead of rock.)
pun intended?

Old 09-24-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
pun intended?
Uh, yeah, that's right! I meant that!

Old 09-24-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
This post is funny. I don't have dirt, I have mountain!

I'm laughing with you because anyone who has attempted to grow something here can relate! Funny stuff.
Digging is not the right word. It's just not right that you hear a metal sound when the shovel hits the ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas