Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 05:34 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,232,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
I hope you're doing good LVD. You haven't shared much about what is going on with you lately?
I am doing terrible. I canceled my appointment with the doctor and told them I no longer want to be on the program. I quit taking my meds and started drinking more than ever. I am ready to quit my job to as I have completely given up.

Old 09-25-2010, 06:08 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,318,048 times
LVD, I am so sad to hear that. Can I ask one question? Why?

And Pink, I know these times are hard. I feel you have what it takes to survive and work through these things. I've been thru the economic hurdles so many times in my past. And like you, no one really knew it. My husband would just up and quit a job and even though we lived in a beautiful home and seemed to be on easy street, I would be inside doing the math because the little that was coming in was not enough to cover fixed expenses. Nothing though ever seems to stay forever.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
LVD, I am so sad to hear that. Can I ask one question? Why?
Because I just cannot take it anymore. The pain is horrendous and I am having to deal with all my hair falling out. I think Pink is right that juicing could possibly help me, but when I looked into it, it would be very expensive and I just cannot afford it. Just to get the right blender is $400 alone, then it requires lots of fruits and vegetables which will also be expensive. Now at work they turned the ac from 73 to 79 and locked the thermostats so we cannot change it. I do not know what the hell they were thinking as it is hot and uncomfortable in here now. I am going to have to quit now because of this as it is adding to my frustrations.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:15 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Because I just cannot take it anymore. The pain is horrendous and I am having to deal with all my hair falling out. I think Pink is right that juicing could possibly help me, but when I looked into it, it would be very expensive and I just cannot afford it. Just to get the right blender is $400 alone, then it requires lots of fruits and vegetables which will also be expensive. Now at work they turned the ac from 73 to 79 and locked the thermostats so we cannot change it. I do not know what the hell they were thinking as it is hot and uncomfortable in here now. I am going to have to quit now because of this as it is adding to my frustrations.
We are going to miss you. You are a generous and worthwhile human being.
Just out of curiosity, who do you think is more suicidal, you or Aqua?

Old 09-25-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
We are going to miss you. You are a generous and worthwhile human being.
Just out of curiosity, who do you think is more suicidal, you or Aqua?
Thanks for the kind words. To answer your question, definitely me. Aqualung and I talked about suicide before when he lived with me. He is religious and assured me he would never take his own life no matter what happens. I on the other hand have been hospitalized twice for suicide attempts. Both times they saved me by pumping my stomach, but I have lifetime organ damage because of it. Coincidentally, my mother did the same thing. She was also hospitalized twice for the suicide attempts. I guess the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:33 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,771 times
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. To answer your question, definitely me. Aqualung and I talked about suicide before when he lived with me. He is religious and assured me he would never take his own life no matter what happens. I on the other hand have been hospitalized twice for suicide attempts. Both times they saved me by pumping my stomach, but I have lifetime organ damage because of it. Coincidentally, my mother did the same thing. She was also hospitalized twice for the suicide attempts. I guess the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree.
Untreated depression can run in families as well. I hope that you find some comfort from your personal devils in your remaining days.

Even if you continue to drink, I suggest that you start attending AA meetings. The Friends of Bill are very understanding and supportive no matter what phase of sobriety you are in, even if you are loaded when you attend. There is no shame. Just people who've been there, done that.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
I hope that you find some comfort from your personal devils in your remaining days.
I am not saying I am going to kill myself. I am totally undecided on what to do anymore. I would rather just die like that guy in the Leaving Las Vegas movie. I am already pretty close to the end already with my liver damage. I am just really upset right now that they are making me quit my job. It is so freaking hot in here that it is taking everything I got to not walk off my shift. I almost did it. I am going to talk to my boss when I see him on Tuesday. If they will not turn the AC back down I am out of here.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:00 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,810,296 times
Well..... so long Las Vegas, hello NYC
It was a nice 2 weeks in my new house in Henderson

90 days or so and I can call this town my new home.

Damn----I hate leaving this place.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:18 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,277,930 times
Quote:
Look, you can get an Oster or Cuisinart blender. They don't cost that much. A green smoothie is just a fruit smoothie with some greens added, like spinach, or kale, or romaine lettuce,etc. It is NOT expensive to make these things. If it were, I couldn't do it. Money is tight if there is any at all.

I really wish you wouldn't give up. We were all hoping it would all work out for you. Why do you keep giving up? Why? Be strong and make a stand and tell the alcohol to shove it. Then dump it and go into rehab if you have to so you can kick it once and for all.
An addiction that strong is hard to do all by yourself. I think that addiction is stronger than cigarettes. I kicked the cigarette addiction as well, and it was terrible, the withdrawal. It's good when you succeed though.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:23 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,277,930 times
Quitting because it's a little warm is not a good reason to quit. Get a personal oscillating fan. They are cheap, and you can get a nice new one for about $10. You can get a floor one for about $20.
Quit the giving up stuff. Lay off the booze and make it a challenge to totally quit the poison. Like someone else said, go to AA meetings, and like I said, check yourself into rehab.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas