Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2010, 01:48 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,318,048 times

Advertisements

Davie, JFK is so right. I know you think we're just old people who don't know how it is. I went the same way as you. Then married before I had any life. You think if you could just be different or do things differently, it will all be right but it's bigger than that. You need to figure out what you're going to do in life to support yourself nicely first and then go out and life a lot of life.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:29 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,571,323 times
Im not going to whine here on the forum (not naming names but we have enough people on C-D doing that already) Im just simply going to say what it is I feel

I know that I am still young but I am not exactly the most masculine looking guy in town. In fact most (if not all) people think that I am gay when they meet me for the first time. This is not the case, I dont like men in any way. Im also too nice of a guy sometimes, my kind (yet also very weak) heart is often trampled on by prospective women I look to go out with.

Its often trampled by countless people beyond the desert that is my love life as well. But even so, the more time goes on it has caused me to lose complete faith and trust for the entire female species and my attitude towards women has become downright misogynistic. I just dont feel like there are any more good women out there anymore. I coudlnt find one in FL and I cant find one here in Vegas either

Another main issue I seem to have is my inability to be happy. It seems like everything I have and earn in my life just isnt enough and I find myself wanting more and never being satisfied with what I DO have. Which is why Im a go getter, I want more, so I go and try to get it.

Im confident (scratch that, Im CERTAIN) I will get into a decent paying tipped job on the strip, but I know it still wont make me happy. Just because I will make $45-60k in then next year doesnt mean Ill be happy. Sure my car will be paid off, my credit cards will be paid off, Ill have that nice place in Centennial Hills and a big screen hdtv, but why? Ill still feel like I dont have enough, and I still wont be happy. Truth be told I dont think there was ever a time in my life at all where I was truly happy with myself and life in general. I've always been depressed and a downer since about the age of 9 or 10.

I dont want to sound like Im making excuses here, but I never had many (sometimes I had none) friends when I was growing up. We always moved place to place because my parents both have an incessant inability to hold jobs. My father is a drunk and my mom is just apathetic and scatter brained. My father was always verbally abusive towards me, and when I was at school I got the same treatment from my class mates, and as far as my academics go, I eventually just stopped caring, while my brother and sister continuously made the honor roll I got D's and F's, both of them were also the most popular kids in school, my sister even acted like she wasnt related to me

And yet somehow Im excellent with people, but at the same time I just want to be left alone. When it comes to business and dealing with people who are my customers, Im great at it. When it comes to making friends and ESPECIALLY talking to women Im like a 180 degree difference. Im just not good at meeting people who may be possible friends or dates

I dont mind dealing with customers all day. Granted the public can be so downright STUPID at some points, I am good at it. But at the end of the day, all I really want is to just be left alone. When I get that nice place and that good job, thats all I will want at the end of the day, is just be left alone and not be bothered with anybody or anything. I had so much love to give to the world, but people have spit on me (literally) one too many times. The love is gone and I just want to be left alone (like Shrek in his swamp)

Old 10-27-2010, 02:40 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,488,891 times
Davie....there are females who post and lurk on this forum that yearn for a guy like you. C'mon girls....let Davie know how you feel about him. Sounds like he needs a confidence booster, here.

Davie, it's not all about muscles...er, well....maybe one muscle is important. And guess what...it's your brain...not that other muscle!

We all have stories about bad childhoods...but once you become an adult...most learn to put childhood behind.

You're about to turn 21...and you're in the partyingest city in the USA...so don't waste it sitting there sulking...get out a live a little...or a lot!

Old 10-27-2010, 02:41 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,982,887 times
geeeezzzzzz... you sound exactly like me!!!

Old 10-27-2010, 02:48 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,488,891 times
I certainly hope not!

Old 10-27-2010, 02:51 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,190,159 times
Default Airics law

I am posting this here to avoid bugging our poor moderator further. We have reached a new plateau on the Las Vegas list...it needs to be properly illuminated.

There is a famous law in internetdoom call Goodwin's Law. It reads

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1"

Whe have reached the same state...for at least a while...on the Las Vegas list...

"As a discussion on the Las Vegas forum grows longer the propability of a posting citing the Reid/Angle election approaches 1"

I thought long and hard as to a proper name and decided that Airics, our self proclaimed grouch, deserves the title. So it is now Airics Law...

(The fact that it has a very limited life may also have effected the selection of the title holder)

Rocco can now correct our thread drift by simply citing "Airics Law".

Last edited by olecapt; 10-27-2010 at 03:34 PM..

Old 10-27-2010, 02:57 PM

nazi's or hitler??? now that's a low blow...

Old 10-27-2010, 03:04 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,571,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
I am posting this here to avoid bugging our poor moderator further. We have reached a new plateau on the Las Vegas list...it needs to be properly illuminated.

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1"

Whe have reached the same state...for at least a while...on the Las Vegas list...

"As a discussion on the Las Vegas forum grows longer the propability of a posting citing the Reid/Angle election approaches 1"

I thought long and hard as to a proper name and decided that Airics, our self proclaimed grouch, deserves the titie. So it is now Airics Law...

(The fact that it has a very limited life may also have effected the selection of the title holder)

He deserves the titie? nice But only one titie?He should get a full pair

Old 10-27-2010, 03:10 PM

Still trying to figure out if this a personal attack from someone i've backed since the beginning whether it turned out right or wrong..
Always figured people make mistakes...it happens..
Guess you really don't know a person....

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post

I thought long and hard as to a proper name and decided that Airics, our self proclaimed grouch, deserves the titie. So it is now Airics Law...

Old 10-27-2010, 03:24 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Davie,

So how about this: I have what you want...a nice place in Centennial Hills, tv, pool, relationship, family, whatever. But at the end of the day I look back through tunnel vision to where you are in your life with envy. What I would give to maybe have the chance to have followed my dreams a little more, or choose a different path. I remember feeling like you are, the uncertainty of the looming faceless future. You are at a point in your life where you get to decide what you will be. I know it's scary and seems bleak but once you are where I am you will realize how great this time is in your life. Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly grateful for what I have, and have become. Still, enjoy this time.

Decide what you want, and go for it. Work hard. This moment will pass and soon you will be sitting comfortably remembering these times with rose colored glasses. Don't focus so much on what you lack or don't have. Focus on what you need to do to accomplish your goals and move forward, forge ahead.

So far I have been pretty impressed with your drive and will to be someone. It really is admirable. Don't let the past chain you; keep going and you will get closer to where you want to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas