Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2011, 01:50 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,476,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
In an odd way...I take that as a compliment.
I knew that you would!

Old 02-02-2011, 02:22 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,509,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Eugenia Johnson - 2/2/46 to 10/11/08 - RIP, mom, I miss you.

No, I had some major abdominal surgery, and I've been walking to the bus stop every day to go to UMC Hospital.

I'm sorry to hear that, Davie. I know that I'm not the best one to give advice, but don't give up. In the last 5 1/2 years, no matter what, I've never thought of going back to Napa, CA. The security company, TOS, is hiring both armed and unarmed guards now. They need armed guards at Clark County Social Services.

Ignore.
Aqua I'm going to snap out if this and I'm going to succeed. I'm having lunch at the mc donalds on Decatur by 215 and deer springs. My fave part of town. I'm up here because I just came from an interview for an insurance agents job, I'm going to think about that one as it is commission only.

This part of town is so beautiful, call me crazy but I feel as if my dream of living here is still achievable. I'm down right now but I sure as hell am not out and I am not going to let some horse sh*t Telemarketing job rob me of my confidence

I am going to find a job one way or another and I WILL succeed come hell or high water

Old 02-02-2011, 02:26 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,189,547 times
Quote:
...or maybe it had something to do with the fact that I had the hands pinned together around the back of the pink voodoo doll.
Well now I can see why I could only half smile. Eerie, very eerie.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:27 PM

Aqua you're an inspiration to me because your situation is ALOT worse than mine but if you're determined to make it here in vegas with as much as you've been through, thsn I will not throw the towel in either

Old 02-02-2011, 02:46 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,391,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Well now I can see why I could only half smile. Eerie, very eerie.
And appropriately...a bad case of "pink eye" in your left eye.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:12 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,115,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
There is nothing admirable about me tij, but believe me when I say your words are appreciated. I'm going to the NV Dept of corrections today to see about a job.
This is not an insult, but you do not have what it takes to be a corrections officer. For the record, neither do I. As you know, my best friend is a corrections officer in Phoenix. You will have to deal with crazy people threatening to kill you and your family all the time. How are you going to like being alone with 200 of these people on the yard? If you want, I will let you talk to my buddy as he could tell you more about it. He is a very big tough guy who can handle it, but even he has broken down at times because it is tough. I cannot see you dealing with it all.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:19 PM

23,064 posts, read 28,774,691 times
Quote:

[PS...not joking this time. JJ is right about education. A future employer looks at someone with no education as lazy and expecting things to come easy to them. The only time you get away with no education is if you've got an unbelivable skill or talent that very few else in the world possess. Even then...it still takes mucho work to sell that initially. Nothing comes easy in life! That's what makes success so enjoyable.]
Perhaps Davie has been secretly spending time on the Education/Work and Employment forums and is merely snickering at this advice.

Always remember, there'll be these employers, endowed with a sharp sense of intuition/sixth sense, who are uncanny judges of character, who never completed college, highly successful, who may look at a particular candidate over with their xray eyes, ask some key questions, largely disregard the resume, and surprise: You're hired!

Luck, who you know, also important factors in launching a job today.

Last edited by tijlover; 02-02-2011 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 02-02-2011, 07:47 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,391,107 times
Davie is looking for a job, not a career. Short term vs. long term. A job will help pay the bills, but one basically lives paycheck-to-paycheck, or is always a little behind. A career will provide for affordability to enjoy life along the way...all the way through retirement. Davie is now at the critical juncture point where he must decide if he wants to struggle for the rest of his life...or make something of it, IMO.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:48 PM

990 posts, read 1,645,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I'm also going to stop posting on CD as well, I no longer feel welcome here
Davie, I just have to ask. You moods are so changeable, are you drinking or perhaps hung over when you post your negative posts? You don't have to answer but consider it yourself.

You continue to be welcome here. I think you should stay. This board has been a support for you. Most people here are pulling for you to make it.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:49 AM

I never drink and post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas