Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2011, 10:59 PM

179 posts, read 389,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Depends on whether you are a coming in or going out person.

In general the muscle of a water storage site is in the water stored. That is on the input side.

But hell I think most of the fun is had on the downstream side...so a ditzy blond should probably go for that side.

I'll make a trip again and next time see the downstream side. I just didn't have much time that day and was rushing to drive back.

I am guessing that all the electricity and all the drinking water in LV comes from Hoover Dam.

I wonder if natural gas is piped into LV or if it's found locally in the ground there.

I'm also wondering how much the electricity bill is going to be come summer if I have to run the AC all the time. I'm almost thinking it might be best to get a portable AC on wheels and just cool down only the bedroom at night and let the rest of the house stay hot.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:51 PM

487 posts, read 747,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post

Nice boots

Old 03-18-2011, 01:44 AM

26 posts, read 59,745 times
Finally joined up on the board after hitting up many, many times over the last six months doing research on various topics. Loving the discussions so far, glad to be here!

Old 03-18-2011, 01:52 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I'm waiting for you to post: My leg has finally healed. Then? I'm going to drive over to your house to test it out.

I'm going to bend over, and if your leg survives a big kick to my rear end, with no resultant pain, then your leg is healed!
Don't wait for my leg to heal. Just let me whack you with my cane. I may feel better.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:55 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasdax View Post
Finally joined up on the board after hitting up many, many times over the last six months doing research on various topics. Loving the discussions so far, glad to be here!
We are glad you are here too! We need some fresh input from new people. The more the better.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:23 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,567,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
We are glad you are here too! We need some fresh input from new people. The more the better.
Haha, It's like groundhog day every time I check this forum.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:02 AM

369 posts, read 772,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic59 View Post
COME ON PEOPLE!!! Please..all this talk of ruby red high heels...things spurting out...sheer stockings...thongs...

Oh, wait a minute, wrong chat room.

Never mind.
Dude it's Vegas, it's probably a thread about the Mayor.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:12 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Don't wait for my leg to heal. Just let me whack you with my cane. I may feel better.
Wanna have a cane duel?

Old 03-18-2011, 08:10 AM

460 posts, read 988,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Depends on whether you are a coming in or going out person.

In general the muscle of a water storage site is in the water stored. That is on the input side.

But hell I think most of the fun is had on the downstream side...so a ditzy blond should probably go for that side.
Last spring, I went out to take a few pictures of the dam, and see how the bridge was coming along. Now, I try not to ease drop on other people's conversations, but there were four people (two couples) standing next to me, who were trying to figure out which way the water was flowing.........seriously. Two of them suspected that the water was coming from the lake side, and the other two thought the water was coming from the bridge side. But none of them were absolutely sure. It was kind of funny. But then at the same time, it was somewhat sad, as these same people are actually allowed to vote.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:25 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,493,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muonic View Post
Last spring, I went out to take a few pictures of the dam, and see how the bridge was coming along. Now, I try not to ease drop on other people's conversations, but there were four people (two couples) standing next to me, who were trying to figure out which way the water was flowing.........seriously. Two of them suspected that the water was coming from the lake side, and the other two thought the water was coming from the bridge side. But none of them were absolutely sure. It was kind of funny. But then at the same time, it was somewhat sad, as these same people are actually allowed to vote.
Amazing. I could imagine how the NV & AZ clocks in the intake towers must have confused them even further!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas