Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2009, 10:26 PM

81 posts, read 475,105 times

Advertisements

As I mentioned in the "Stallion Mountain" thread, we went out and looked at a beautiful house out there today and really liked the house.

The gentleman that showed us the house works for Keller n Jadd Property Management. Now, I wouldn't normally care one way or the other, but some red flags have gone up and we have some questions regarding both the house and the company. We were hoping that someone here may be able to help with the following:

1) The house is in the Stallion Mountain gated community. We are aware of the water treatment plants as well as the horse park. We are NOT looking to buy, just rent the home for 1-2 years, max....

With that in mind, we came home to read up on the gold course that the house over looks and everything we can find (which is not a lot and none of which is recent...which is worrisome) says that the course(s) are closed? Can anyone confirm that all the courses are closed?

2) The gentleman who showed us the house said that we got 'discounts' for living on the course for the course itself...if it's closed, that obviously is worrisome. So, with that in mind, we started digging on the company which brought us to the "Citysearch" reviews (Keller N Jadd - Henderson, NV, 89052-5950 - Citysearch) which scares the bejeezus out of us. How much stock do we put into one sites worth of reviews? Does anyone have any personal experience w/ them? Should this be a deal breaker?

We really REALLY liked the house. Location is fine w/ us. The house fits our budget well...too many red flags here or go with it? We sure could use some advice and/or feedback regarding all of this.

Thanks, y'all!

Old 02-21-2009, 10:51 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,472,108 times
After viewing the reviews, I would stay away. I read on several of them that you had to pay for repairs for anything under $100.00. That is not right, it they supply the appliances, they need to pay for all repairs. The owner is the one who is responsible to repairs, unless they were caused by you due to mis-use. But normal wear and tear should be their problem.

Old 02-22-2009, 04:08 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,687,180 times
i believe the courses are closed, there should be some newspaper article somewhere on the web about it, i heard that they are trying to build homes on the course instead, very unfortunate...

Old 02-22-2009, 12:11 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
IMO...just the fact that you're asking...should be your answer.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:36 PM

81 posts, read 475,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
IMO...just the fact that you're asking...should be your answer.
No doubt.

It's just frustrating right now is all. I mean, we have looked at about a dozen houses and this is the only one that we really liked. There's always been something physical about the house that was a serious dealbreaker, until this one.

But yeah, I think in our heart of hearts, we know that there are too many red flags to go with this house, it's just a letdown.

That said, we are going to look at another home today up in Centennial Hills that seems even better. So maybe it's a silver lining, right?

Old 02-22-2009, 04:49 PM

207 posts, read 907,434 times
Quote:
We are aware of the water treatment plants
Not that I work at one of these but you should be aware these are NOT water treatment plants. These are wastewater treatment plants, as in sewage. Please do not confuse the two or let them tell you otherwise. I would take another look when the wind is blowing south to make sure this is the area for you.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:13 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,687,180 times
yeh, tell that to the ppl that live near the pig farm, i know so many people that live near the pig farm and are so happy there, just because the houses are a better value because the farm is there, i walk outside and i'm so glad i never have to deal with that smell where i live, it is so unpleasant...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas