Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 03:44 AM

2 posts, read 4,559 times

Advertisements

Produce The Note strategies do not work in NV or CA. We are in a non-judicial state. In states like Florida a lender has to bring you to court, in NV they don't. If you wanted someone to produce a note you would have to file for some kind of injunction with the courts, something the average person won't be able to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 08:21 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,184,186 times
See..

Clark County Foreclosures

Hit the foreclosure tab...I get 23,900 at the moment.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:24 AM

1,347 posts, read 2,447,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt on Feb. 25 @ 9:53 pm
If you actually approach it rationally you will find all sorts of weirdness. Foreclosure.com says we have had or will have a couplle of thousand "Sheriff sales". We don't do "Sheriff Sales". They say we have 26,000 "foreclosures".
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano on Feb. 25 @ 11:26 pm
I just went to Foreclosure.com and did multiple searches for Vegas foreclosures. 26,000 was never returned as a result. How about providing a link to your search results? If it turns out that you successfully navigated a Foreclosure.com search, it would go a long way in convincing me you're able to accurately pull data out of the county assessor's database.
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt on Feb. 26 @ 7:21 am
See..

Clark County Foreclosures

Hit the foreclosure tab...I get 23,900 at the moment.
That's quite a disparity. I'm left to draw one of two conclusions -
  1. A website routinely panned for overstating foreclosure data deleted ~2,100 Clark County foreclosures from their database in the span of 9.5 hours.
  2. User error on the part of the person conducting the search.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
That's quite a disparity. I'm left to draw one of two conclusions -
  1. A website routinely panned for overstating foreclosure data deleted ~2,100 Clark County foreclosures from their database in the span of 9.5 hours.
  2. User error on the part of the person conducting the search.
It could have been user error. It was always intended as an order of magnitude number. It is absurd at 26,000 or 23,900.

You are nitpicking.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
It could have been user error. It was always intended as an order of magnitude number. It is absurd at 26,000 or 23,900.
I understand. It makes a lot of sense to round 23,900 to 26,000.
Quote:
You are nitpicking.
Maybe so. Would you say the Foreclosure.com interface is less or more difficult to navigate than the county assessor's database interface?

Old 02-26-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
I understand. It makes a lot of sense to round 23,900 to 26,000.Maybe so. Would you say the Foreclosure.com interface is less or more difficult to navigate than the county assessor's database interface?

You are still nit picking. There was no "navigation" involved. Simply opened the thing and pullled off an absurd number. Which may have been incorrectly rounded but still spoke to the point.

There are not 23,900 foreclosures in Clark County. They may have been 23,000 or so trustee sales but no more than a few hundred foreclosures. And even the 23,000 trustee sales are misleading as more than half are long since resolved.

These are not reasonable numbers. They are put ons to extract money from those that don't understand the area.

ReatyTrac states that there are 26,316 bank owned properties. That is right off the wall as well.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
You are still nit picking. There was no "navigation" involved. Simply opened the thing and pullled off an absurd number. Which may have been incorrectly rounded but still spoke to the point.
Your point is that their data is flawed. My point is accurate data is useless if it can't be properly interpreted.

Your county assessor's database may be state-of-the art in terms of timeliness and accuracy, but like Foreclosure.com, it's still subject to user error. Given the results of your Foreclosure.com search, I have no reason to believe your county assessor database search is more accurate than the majority of other sources that say January foreclosures in Vegas were down.

BTW, when you have a moment could you provide a source behind your statement that Applied Analysis uses Foreclosure.com to track foreclosure activity?

Old 02-26-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Your point is that their data is flawed. My point is accurate data is useless if it can't be properly interpreted.

Your county assessor's database may be state-of-the art in terms of timeliness and accuracy, but like Foreclosure.com, it's still subject to user error. Given the results of your Foreclosure.com search, I have no reason to believe your county assessor database search is more accurate than the majority of other sources that say January foreclosures in Vegas were down.

BTW, when you have a moment could you provide a source behind your statement that Applied Analysis uses Foreclosure.com to track foreclosure activity?
Enough..if you prefer secondary source mistatement to the accurate primary source be my guest.

The source of the foreclosure.com data on the Applied Analysis site is plain and in the open. You can't help find it if you look.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Enough..if you prefer secondary source mistatement to the accurate primary source be my guest.
I haven't questioned the source as much as an individual's ability to extract accurate data from it and interpret it correctly.
Quote:
The source of the foreclosure.com data on the Applied Analysis site is plain and in the open. You can't help find it if you look.
Then we can only hope they have an easier time with the Foreclosure.com search function.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas