Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 08:55 PM

8 posts, read 21,896 times

Advertisements

Hello!
Im "planning" on moving to North Las Vegas at the end of the year because Im planning on going to UNLV. Im not quite 21 yet and dont know anyone who lives there. Im starting out at College of Southern Nevada for a few months and Im just wondering how I can meet people? Its my main concern. Im also wondering how living in North Las Vegas is? Safe? Im moving in with my uncle so....yeah. Comments would be great!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 09:04 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
Uhhh..Colleges are filled with people most of your age group.

When you go to class and see a person of interest....say hi ...I am (your name) who are you?

Works wonders.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:05 PM

63 posts, read 86,759 times
If youre a guy you wont have trouble finding a girl. If youre a girl you wont have trouble finding a guy. Yahoo had an article saying Nevada/Vegas has the highest teen pregnancy and single moms in all of America.

So obviously finding someone doesnt seem to be a problem.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisissam View Post
If youre a guy you wont have trouble finding a girl. If youre a girl you wont have trouble finding a guy. Yahoo had an article saying Nevada/Vegas has the highest teen pregnancy and single moms in all of America.

So obviously finding someone doesnt seem to be a problem.

YOur thesis does not google. Got a source? Or would you like to take it back?

Old 03-03-2009, 09:18 PM

hum...yea I figured I would meet people at school. Its good to know that people are social and friendly...but Im not lookin to get pregnant ha. I've visited for weeks at a time in Henderson, I've just never stayed where I'm going to be living so I was trying to get some advice on the area and people. But thank you

Old 03-03-2009, 09:20 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,664,494 times
Unless you plan on being a cloistered monk or nun, it's kind of hard to not meet people around here. Or anywhere else, for that matter. Anyways, best of luck in all you pursue.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:24 PM

207 posts, read 907,343 times
I'd recommend taking a science class with a lab because that's where I've made most of my friends at school. The lab is a more social setting where you can mix casual conversation in with completing the assignment. Otherwise Vegas has all the same avenues of meeting folks as anywhere else, technologically or old school, you'll find folks if that's your goal.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:25 PM

63 posts, read 86,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
YOur thesis does not google. Got a source? Or would you like to take it back?
Google highest teen pregnancy.

Ejb - Yeah 20 yr olds shouldnt get pregnant. My point was that obviously its not hard to find a mate in Vegas...easiest place in America according to the data.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisissam View Post
Google highest teen pregnancy.

Ejb - Yeah 20 yr olds shouldnt get pregnant. My point was that obviously its not hard to find a mate in Vegas...easiest place in America according to the data.

Please Try again. No cigar.

There appears to be no comparative data on Las Vegas.

So you are one of those who makes it up?

Stop. It is good not to do bad things.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:34 PM

Thank you all. I guess I‘m just a little nervous about the move. I’m open for change, just needed some reassurance. Thanks for the classroom advice red.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas