Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 08:56 PM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,202,971 times

Advertisements

Thinking of moving to Las Vegas for the warmer year round climate. Sell me on why I would want to live there...qualitiy lifestyle, activities, amenities, healthcare jobs, shopping, apartment/condo living, climate, etc. I am a young 61, not looking for a relationship, but want to live in a warmer climate that is near the mountains and outdoors, including parks. I will be working full time. Also am thinking of going back to school, a nursing R.N. program....Sell me on living in Las Vegas...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 09:45 PM

1,009 posts, read 4,038,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'M' View Post
Sell me on why I would want to live there
Or . . instead of exploiting others, YOU could review previous forum contributions and make your own determination.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:51 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,712,823 times
There are PLENTY of threads that point out the PRO's and CON's of Las Vegas living. Its all up to you to decide. Kind of like Fox News... We Report, You Decide

Old 03-07-2009, 11:25 PM

252 posts, read 906,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA702 View Post
There are PLENTY of threads that point out the PRO's and CON's of Las Vegas living. Its all up to you to decide. Kind of like Fox News... We Report, You Decide

I hope Aqua weighs in on his view of Fux News.

to the OP.... I hope the advice to search the forums doesn't seem unfriendly, but all the arguments for and against have been made 100s of times.

I would advise this: vegas is what you make it. It can be heaven, hell or somewhere in between. I wouldn't come here without a job or at least a good bit of savings to tide you over... I wouldn't come here if you are a gambling addict. I would come here if you had a job waiting, you like hiking, nightlife, and good restaurants... oh and cheap real estate.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:57 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
It's the best place to live in the U.S. Why would we want or need to sell you on Las Vegas. I hate to be rude, but I find your post rude, so I can't help myself when I say...we don't need you. You need us.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:38 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,319,508 times
And I can add, if you're 61 and have a job, even a part time one with no benefits, stay where you are and keep it. Employers do not want us "older" workers no matter what state you try and with a full platter of eligible workers of any age, the least likely to get sick, more flexible are the ones that get the job. Give it a few more years until you are on full retirement with medical coverage. You can take that time to thoroughly research Las Vegas and I think you will find it to be wonderful.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:37 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
OP...hmmm...please add helpful and friendly residents to your list.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:42 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,463,477 times
Wonder if M still wants to move here. Sounds like M was pretty set on heading to Vegas and things were a little bit 'Lost in Translation'.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:21 AM

369 posts, read 772,367 times
There are more candiates than slots in the RN programs in Vegas. Average wait times - two years. I believe all three programs require CNA certification prior to admission.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:30 PM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,202,971 times
Thanks, everyone...all of your answers were helpful. I was also looking for some fresh input. So, got what I needed. Is the glass half full or it is half empty? All depends on attitude. And, a note to Tom_C...I have been advised by more than one nursing program that it doesn't so much depend on WHEN you enroll and your position on the list of candidates, but on other factors that may push some candidates way ahead of someone who enrolled two years before you did. Thought that was an interesting tidbit. Looks like having one foot in the grave, so to speak, could be in somone's favor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas