Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 05:31 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,680,699 times

Advertisements

Everywhere we've lived here in Vegas, the neighbors kept to themselves. Usually neighborhoods with community pools, clubhouses, they have parties and the neighbors don't keep to themselves. Same can be said for some older neighborhoods too.

What I meant by horror stories is just some very unneighborly things, like the neighbors never seemed to walk out of there house, no smile, no hello, immediate complaint to HOA...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2007, 01:49 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,269,661 times
I wouldn't consider neighbors keeping to themselves as horror stories. lol
Most everyone does that where i live. Although some neighbors are organizing a block party, so things may change.

The complaints i have where we live..alot of renters in the homes and they cause all sorts of problems. Not all the renters are bad though, just most of them! I was a renter once, i was also a good and quiet one. Not so for the majority here. I could tell some good horror stories from the ones here.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:51 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,177,801 times
It varies very widely. Some neighborhoods are very friendly and everybody socializes and others are distant or even hostile. ONe cul-de-sac I know of fights over dogs. Another of 8 or 9 homes has progressive dinners and everybody house sits for each other. These two areas are a couple of blocks apart.

New neighborhood heavily owner occupied mostly have good relationships. A large mix of investors and renters generally comes out much worse on the social level. I generally warn owner occupied clients off if the renters are more than 15 or 20%.

In our cul-de-sac we mostly go our own way though everything is cordial and cooperative. I for instance cleaned up one of the palms on the center island in the cul-de-sac. Just left the palm fronds in a pile. The next morning when I went to clean up and do the next Palm the fronds had all been bundled and placed for the garbage truck. Not great pals but we all help each other.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:20 PM

4 posts, read 9,700 times
olecapt,

I'm curious after reading your last entry. How does one find out the number of owner occupied homes vs renters in a particular neighborhood? Are there statistics out there for the public?

Also, it's interesting how this thread that I started has meandered but I am enjoying it. So here is another question that has nothing to do with sex offenders....have any of you fellow readers out there converted a chlorine pool to a salt water one? The house we're buying has an absolutely gorgeous chlorinated pool. Is this an exception anymore? We were told that it is a couple K's to convert? The pool is one of the prettiest ones I've seen which appeals to my NW angles and lines taste. It's actually the only one we've seen that isn't kidney shaped, rather it's a simple rectangle but with step up levels for sunning/dining and beautiful landscaping. Anyway, back to my original question about salt water. Isn't this a better way to go?
Thanks.

Old 03-29-2007, 06:14 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,680,699 times
You can find out the information from the Clark County's Assessors website. Just click on some random addresses on the street that your looking to move to. Then if you see that the mailing address is out of state, or not the physical address, then they are pretty much renters or more uncommonly, a second home.

Old 03-31-2007, 06:18 PM

40 posts, read 219,112 times
I would say your over reacting. Which is understandable since the media has Us all in a frenzy of fear about certain subjects. I mean there are various degree's of "sex offenses".... did you know in some states for a married man to have sex with a woman and not tell her he is married can end him up on a sex offenders list? should you worry about him?

why-not-las-vegas.com - over 200 great vegas pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwsnowbird View Post
My husband and I just made an offer on a wonderful house in Anthem Highlands last week. It was accepted and we plan on closing the sale in a month. We currently live in the Northwest and want to use the Anthem house as a second residence. We researched several areas in Clark County before settling on the Anthem Highlands area. Question: we're back at home now (Washington) and now that the excitement has died, I have been doing add'l research on the master planned community and all that. After googling the address however, to my horror, I find that a tier 2 sex offender lives down the street from our new home. He was convicted of a rape in the mid 80's and he is not on any 'wanted' list. The fact remains that although he has served his time, he will always be a convicted sex offender.

Please be honest, would this kill the deal for any of you? The house we're buying has an alarm system, a secure entrance but one can never be too careful. I am totally in love with the house and I feel like I can live with this, but tell me if I am choosing a gorgeous house over common sense.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas