Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 06:28 PM

139 posts, read 458,576 times

Advertisements

Yes, I was asking about full auto. Why settle for a toy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
As long as the weapon was in CA you shouldn't have any issues.

Yes, you can buy a semi-auto (or full auto if you are willing to jump through the NFA trust hoops and spend the inordinate amount of money necessary for Class III) AK-47 out here. If you are looking for a somewhat affordable, yet quality firearm take a look at Arsenal Inc, a local manufacturer. MSRPs start at just over $800 and go up to $1400. However, in all honesty at that price point I would look more towards a Daniel Defense AR-15 (or maybe build your own Noveske). Personal preference though, ARs are more accurate and AKs are more durable and reliable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 10:29 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
Hopefully the County shooting park wil be open by the end of this year.
That's what they were saying at the Tactical West gun show about a week and a half ago. The park had a booth there, right at the top of the escalator where everyone came in.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:31 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
the law must be obeyed however i am seeing some very disturbing patterns in our governments as to possession of firearms. i would comply but not become over zealous in doing so. yes pull over and show DL but dont get out and began to wax his car.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:51 AM

1,347 posts, read 2,448,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the law must be obeyed however i am seeing some very disturbing patterns in our governments as to possession of firearms. i would comply but not become over zealous in doing so. yes pull over and show DL but dont get out and began to wax his car.
Huck, are you sure you got the right thread?

Old 10-13-2009, 02:26 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,848,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
That's what they were saying at the Tactical West gun show about a week and a half ago. The park had a booth there, right at the top of the escalator where everyone came in.
I'm certainly looking forward to it, although I am a bit concerned that the opening of the park will motivate the powers that be to start restricting access to public lands. I am also a bit dissappointed that so much of the park will be off limits to the public. However, $7 a lane and a snackbar sound mighty nice.

How was the show BTW? I have heard bad things about Tactical West.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3
To register a handgun, simply take it (unloaded obviously and in a case if possible) to your nearest LVMPD substation where they will perform a cursory background check and issue you a blue card. You will have 60 days from the time that you relocate to complete the registration. Carry your blue card whenever you are in possession of the firearm.

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department
My wife's grandfather gave her a hand gun from California which is registered to him, he did not give her the blue card because he could not find it, can she simply take it to a LVMPD substation and follow the afore mentioned steps? Or does her grandfather have to transfer the registration himself from CA to her (a NV resident)?

Last edited by Darth_Mephistopheles; 01-16-2011 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: Improper quote

Old 01-16-2011, 05:36 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,848,281 times
You should probably contact LVMPD's weapons registration division and find out straight from the horse's mouth. I would think that it should be okay to just take down there (private sales out here do not require the buyer to present the seller's blue card) but the state lines aspect might make a difference. I would hate to give you incorrect info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: