Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 07:24 AM

295 posts, read 362,707 times

Advertisements

Whitney Ranch is not in Green Valley, I think the latter is considered better area in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 10:01 AM

371 posts, read 940,885 times
But its in Henderson right ?so how's that part of Henderson

Old 11-20-2013, 10:39 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,785,752 times
It is on the border between Henderson and Las Vegas. Bear in mind, it is also on the flight path for incoming planes, so noise may be an issue for you. I haven't spent much time in that neighborhood, so can't lend any insight, but it gets pretty shady just north of where I see the border to be.

Old 11-20-2013, 01:35 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Whitney Ranch is in Henderson but not the better part. Starting to get a little sticky to the north. Under the glide path but 5 or 6 miles out. They are pretty high at that point..

Commission do not work as suggested. RE Agent commission are generally paid out of a marketing account and have no impact on the commission of the on site sales. And at the moment some tracts are actually giving 6% which says they are hurting. And a civilian won't get them because they are not in the right financial column for the on site sales people to control. I am sure they do it that way so the onsite people can't negotiate those commissions away. Most builders will not negotiate much if at all on base price. The reason is simple. Every agent in town knows how to figure out what they are actually getting and will try to equal or better it for their client. They do offer various builders spiffs the best being all closing costs. Builder upgrades are way overpriced...so you get a third of the dollars they offer or so. Some of the environmental packages appear to be good deals. Lennar has some reasonable ones. Still over priced but not as much.

Old 11-21-2013, 02:51 PM

thanks a lot guys, I saw the house and I liked it a lot. was seriously considering it. it's always good to double check, I think I will take it easy and not rush into getting a house.

So what's your suggestion on getting the best price? don't bring an agent? try to get options/packages but other than that you can't get much discount off the base price?

Old 11-21-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaythen01 View Post
thanks a lot guys, I saw the house and I liked it a lot. was seriously considering it. it's always good to double check, I think I will take it easy and not rush into getting a house.

So what's your suggestion on getting the best price? don't bring an agent? try to get options/packages but other than that you can't get much discount off the base price?
bring an agent or scoop...who is licensed when he wants to be. The fact that you are here asking indicates you need your hand held.

Old 11-22-2013, 01:05 AM

22 posts, read 44,352 times
Also, if you buy a resale you can purchase a home warranty.

Old 11-22-2013, 01:08 AM

home warranty makes sense if the house is how old? from who do you buy the warranty?

Old 11-22-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaythen01 View Post
home warranty makes sense if the house is how old? from who do you buy the warranty?
Crucial question is how old is the AC system. If more than 7 or 8 years a home warranty is good protection. With fresh AC I don't think a home warranty is worth the cost. With a home warranty I often use local repair for minor things. The warranty is too much of a nuisance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas