Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 10:16 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,493,779 times

Advertisements

amazing...yet a tree planted in the middle of the front yard will get you to the top of the **** list in a NY minute!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 01:45 AM

73 posts, read 178,307 times
Thanks guys for all the great advice. My wife called henderson pd last friday night because they were making noise in the driveway. My wife also noticed that they were all putting a bag in front of there face and inhaling. Dont know really what they were doing but some of my friends I mentioned this to said they were "huffing". But unfortunately the police didnt show up that night. Since I posted here i did talk to a representative of our hoa and he said again he was going to send the hoa violations. ill just go that route and ill find out when the next hoa meeting is and attend. Its just so frustrating because if you drive through our community our driveway is the only one with trailer trash! out of all the homes we could've bought we ended up next to this. Just very depressing and just hoping these people eventually go away. I keep telling myself that this wont last forever, people like this never stay in one place very long. Especially if there just renters. i have nothing against renters though since i was one many times in the past. I just cant imagine owning a home and having little disregard for my property and for my neighbors and community.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:19 AM

Could this be why the previous owners were selling?

Old 06-02-2009, 09:40 AM

73 posts, read 178,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post

We bought the home from the bank so Im assuming they lost the home through foreclosure.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:10 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,685,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equalizir View Post
Thanks guys for all the great advice. My wife called henderson pd last friday night because they were making noise in the driveway. My wife also noticed that they were all putting a bag in front of there face and inhaling. Dont know really what they were doing but some of my friends I mentioned this to said they were "huffing". But unfortunately the police didnt show up that night. Since I posted here i did talk to a representative of our hoa and he said again he was going to send the hoa violations. ill just go that route and ill find out when the next hoa meeting is and attend. Its just so frustrating because if you drive through our community our driveway is the only one with trailer trash! out of all the homes we could've bought we ended up next to this. Just very depressing and just hoping these people eventually go away. I keep telling myself that this wont last forever, people like this never stay in one place very long. Especially if there just renters. i have nothing against renters though since i was one many times in the past. I just cant imagine owning a home and having little disregard for my property and for my neighbors and community.
I don't think they are huffing, huffing is with paint cans...

I believe they are deliberately choking themselves, some people do this because they feel that they are experiencing a high when it happens...

Old 06-02-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post

I believe they are deliberately choking themselves, some people do this because they feel that they are experiencing a high when it happens...
yes, but I thought that was usually accompanied by masturbation. There's this thing out there where young people are dying, as they bring themselves just to the point of passing out while masturbating and release both ends at the sametime. I think it's called auto-erotic asphyixiation. The problem is...they sometimes pass-out (and hence accidentally strangle). It is becoming more and more common, as the deaths mount up...so much so, that schools are starting to address the problem.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:50 PM

23,221 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Eversince I started perusing the NoiseFree sites, and they're claiming that noise is the number 1 reason for people relocating, the next time I buy a house I will more than keep that in mind. Yes, I realize there are unavoidable foreclosures, but, even then, it will be foremost in my mind. Was it noise, uncontrollable neighbors that drove these people out of here?

Yes, attendance of HOA meetings have untold benefits. The Boards members begin to recognize you, the other attendee's are there for you to share your problems with and I feel that your problems will be more of a priority to the Board members if they see who you are rather than a voice on the phone.

Here, any owner is suppose to fill out an application with a $50 fee if they rent out their unit, and I found out, through the last meeting, that there's little oversight and policing of this. And as more and more of our units are held by absentee landlords, I'm going to join a committee to help police the application process. Who has and who hasn't rented out their unit without the mandatory application. Recently, 3 units down, a unit was rented out to 2 younger Hispanic males with those big SUV's with the chromed wheels (I found 3 "customers" sitting on the curb one night) and I called the Mgmt company and asked if an application was ever received. No record of it.
Now they're to send out an application to the owners and they have 14 days to respond.

Hopefully, one day, we'll have a record of all the owners and who didn't and who did go through the application process and background checks.

This is your home, your community and get as active as you can in your community. Don't let them "steal" your home from you.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:49 PM

23,221 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
P o l i c e
From my own personal experience with noisy neighbors, they've been worthless. Telling me that crap about not being able to do anything until 10PM and proving to them that my neighbors were running a business out of their garage!

I work the night shift, at 10PM I'm walking into the door of my workplace!
I sleep 9AM until 5PM.

When I had some immigrant neighbors a while back (They still live there) running a custom-window operation out of their garage with the sounds of pounding and power saws all day long, I had the Presdient of the HOA Board go over there, make an inspection. He saw 2 stacks of windows, and not one of them was destined to replace a window in their house. It was obviously a business being run out of their garage. He shut it down and I've yet to hear any more pounding or power noise.

Again, it pays big dividends to be active with the HOA!

Old 06-02-2009, 05:52 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,448,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
They spray the paint into a plastic or paper bag to inhale the solvents while leaving the paint solids behind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII
yes, but I thought that was usually accompanied by masturbation. There's this thing out there where young people are dying, as they bring themselves just to the point of passing out while masturbating and release both ends at the sametime. I think it's called auto-erotic asphyixiation. The problem is...they sometimes pass-out (and hence accidentally strangle). It is becoming more and more common, as the deaths mount up...so much so, that schools are starting to address the problem.
It's thought that this was the cause of death for Michael Hutchence, the former lead singer of INXS.

Making the world a better place one bit of trivia at a time.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:28 PM

...such an embarassing way to go. It's bad enough for the surviviors to deal with suicide, let alone another whole embarassment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas