Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 10:33 AM

255 posts, read 556,915 times

Advertisements

Report: Nevada leads in home-loan delinquencies

Report: Nevada leads in home-loan delinquencies - Las Vegas Sun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 10:35 AM

How many homes do banks really own?

Some analysts have suggested that banks may have as many as 25,000 homes in foreclosure inventory that they have been holding back to prevent prices from dropping too far.

How many homes do banks really own? - Las Vegas Sun

Old 06-01-2009, 01:31 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,847,817 times
Delinquincies do not a foreclosure make. As a matter of fact, most lenders won't even consider a short sale or modification unless the homeowner is 3 months behind on payments and are advising homeowners that if they want a mod (regardless of financial situation) that they will need to skip 3 payments (putting aside all legalities and ethics regarding advising a client to not make payments). How much of that 11%+ delinquency rate is due to note holders' advice to folks trying to mod or short sell I can't say.

However, again I refuse to call or not call bottom.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:57 PM

Come on, you know you want to.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpachigo View Post
Come on, you know you want to.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:54 PM

What kind of rates are you offering these days for investors?

Old 06-01-2009, 06:14 PM

The absolute best I am seeing right now is 5.625% with 1 origination pt and no discount pts, assuming a 740+ FICO, 25% down, single family home, and a $125,000 loan amount. With no points at all you would be looking at 6.25%. The bond markets fell off of another cliff today so pricing will be worse tomorrow. We had gained back about 50% of last Wednesday's losses on Friday, and then lost another 100+ bps today, bringing the grand total since Wednesday to around a 300 bps loss in pricing in less than a week (4 business days to be exact). I wonder what happened to .gov's QE effort?

Old 06-01-2009, 06:32 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,448,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
I wonder what happened to .gov's QE effort?
The Fed can only buy so much. As the equity markets continue to rally, investor's appetite for risk returns. They're dumping treasury debt and moving back into equities.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
The Fed can only buy so much. As the equity markets continue to rally, investor's appetite for risk returns. They're dumping treasury debt and moving back into equities.
According to my calculations, they still have a committed $1 trillion to buy mortgage bonds alone. I am also aware of the basic relationship between fixed income and equities as it pertains to investment strategy. What I don't understand is how on Wednesday the DJIA was relatively flat, but the benchmark 4.0 FNMA 30 yr bond lost 200 bps in pricing, and before the day was out the 4.0 was no longer the benchmark and the 4.5 was (it's not anymore), or how MBS rallied on Friday with a flat to slightly up DJIA. On top of all that I can't for the life of me figure out what is driving the equities rally. In my defense I don't really follow the stock market, so if it is something silly (at least these days) like actual market fundamentals that is driving the rally then I must apologize for my lack of insight. I somehow get the feeling that it is not market fundamentals driving the rally though.

That being said, today was textbook (as far as fixed incomes vs equities go). However I fear that real money (particularly foreign) investors selling on fear based on certain comments by certain rating agencies, as well as the rumor (I still can't seem to confirm it) that China is liquidating a portion of it's US debt holdings, is what is actually driving the massive sell off of MBS.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
The absolute best I am seeing right now is 5.625% with 1 origination pt and no discount pts, assuming a 740+ FICO, 25% down, single family home, and a $125,000 loan amount. With no points at all you would be looking at 6.25%. The bond markets fell off of another cliff today so pricing will be worse tomorrow. We had gained back about 50% of last Wednesday's losses on Friday, and then lost another 100+ bps today, bringing the grand total since Wednesday to around a 300 bps loss in pricing in less than a week (4 business days to be exact). I wonder what happened to .gov's QE effort?
I'm alright with all that except the loan amount. If the loan amount is less, what rate did you have today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas